Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: The Audi RS5 will debut at Geneva 2010

Is MTM also working on remap, or they will just offer removing speed limiter?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil View Post
    That colour combination is the best one for me.

http://www.autogespot.com/nl/viewima...25082010211108

or that one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcdLFT-Ped8

Qisha: Do you mybe have picture side by side Phantom vs Phanter?
    Really curious to see the differences,hoping Qisha can provide us the picture

Those SKN pics are sick

Rumor has it an MTM tuned S4 Avant (roughly another +100 hp) is faster in a straight line than an Audi RS5 (stock).
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Rumor has it an MTM tuned S4 Avant (roughly another +100 hp) is faster in a straight line than an Audi RS5 (stock).

I'm not surprised...

Logic...

tuned 335i with 414 hp is also faster then m3 e92 with 414 hp
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

From latest issue Auto

in the article:

*M3 is the choice for sporty driving
    *no awd can match rwd feeling
    *torque vectoring helped in the track-time
    *less understeer on audi thanks to more torque on rear wheels but less “thrilling” than driving with the M3
    *audi sound seems a big v8 made in Usa
    *s-tronic more smooth and with gearchanges less sporty-sharp than on m3
    *on the RS5 tested,strange delay in downshift
    *very heavy rs5
    *dynamic steering on rs5 makes audi winner on steering

Last edited by andreadebi; September 16th, 2010 at 10:10.

Very nice and thorough comparison! thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    Very nice and thorough comparison! thanks man!
    prego

150kg more on the RS5 ! Was the engineer in charge of that part in strike during the RS5 developpement ?

And with ceramics and no sun roof....

I can't imagine what would have been the RS5 with only 1600kg. A real beast. Really pitty at this price not to use more aluminiun. Or put a REAL 500HP engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
    150kg more on the RS5 ! Was the engineer in charge of that part in strike during the RS5 developpement ?

And with ceramics and no sun roof....

I can't imagine what would have been the RS5 with only 1600kg. A real beast. Really pitty at this price not to use more aluminiun. Or put a REAL 500HP engine.
    I think you are being a way unrealistic here! The quattro drive train weighs around 100kg itself, so that's the main difference... Even the much smaller R8 weighs already 1625kg, so to ask that from a much bigger GT is little bit rude!

I was probably one of the first to get a hot-lap in an RS5 here, but the test drive took longer time than expected.

However, today me and my son took a daytona grey Audi RS5 for a spin over lunch. It was on 20" and had normal seats, standard exhaust.

The test drive was in a mixture of sunshine, dry roads and heavy rain. Just perfect then!

I came from a standard A4 1.8T manual, so the RS5 felt very quick in comparison but the very direct steering made the most instant impression.

The car, or the engine/exhaust rather, could be a bit louder but I have understanding why they made it like they did.
    IMO this is more of a GT car than a focused sports car, and you still have the option of sports exhaust or change the system completly to aftermarket.

The car feels very quick from standstill up to about 150-160 km/h. After that there's a need for more torque, where are the turbochargers?

Mid-range, the engine feels very "alive", instant access to the power and you can place the car where you want amongst other traffic

The DSG gearbox does its job well, but it's not as perfect (smooth) as the ones I've used in less powerful Audis. I think the reason might be there's more power and torque and
    for durability the man-machine interface has to go a bit safer not to damage any components, or at least make them last longer.

When I pushed the car hard in a corner I got a bit of understeer, but then the car just turned in in the direction of the wheels.
    Felt like a bit of torque vectoring there, much better than normal ESP!

No traction issues whatsoever, even in heavy rain.

My son (6 years) said it felt like someone was tickeling his stomach when we were accelerating, and that he was about to lose his teeth when we're braking

All in all it's a very good car. Just perfect - for a lot of people.

For me it's too expensive, and there's the Nissan GT-R with a perhaps an even more tempting package at a lower price (still too expensive for me).

Looking further down the price range, where can I spend those hard earned money of mine, perhaps a second hand BMW M3 V8 would be the most economical choice?
    A 911 doesn't look so appealing to me today, don't know why but it has lost is attraction to me. I'd rather have a 2 door sportscar, but with space for 4.

We shall see. Not buying today anyway.

dear erik, how whas the weight feel of the RS5? in the corner does it scrub or plow the nose wide out? do you feel the weight as the car really weights, i mean does the car feel a little lighter than the weight is ?
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    dear erik, how whas the weight feel of the RS5? in the corner does it scrub or plow the nose wide out? do you feel the weight as the car really weights, i mean does the car feel a little lighter than the weight is ?
    I didn't really think about the weight, but as I mentioned it's a GT car more than a race car so the focus is on a sporty comfort rather than full performance.
    The difference between comfort and sports mode is quite big.

Due to heavy traffic I wasn't able to push the RS5 hard enough to do any conclusive tests, but as I mentioned the torque vectoring seems to do magic.

When braking - yes the car feels heavy, but the RS6 is worse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-IPSC-Gropen-O&.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	10315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-IPSC-Gropen-O&.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	10316