Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: The Audi RS5 will debut at Geneva 2010

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil View Post
    Qisha or KresoF1: Is rear bumber the same on S5 and RS5? Will rear diffusor from RS5 fit to S5 or is it different?

Kind Regards
    RS5 bumper is not compatible with S5. Exhaust is different, size if silencer(rear) is different. Pretty much to adopt RS5 rear bumper and exhaust to S5 is mission impossible. BUT, if you are crazy enough with huge amount of work everythin is possible.

Just my question is why to do it? S5 is S5. Even with RS5 rear bumper it is still ONLY S5. Do not be like many BMW owners that put 335i sign on back of their 318i...

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    I sincerely hope its NOT compatible....
    +1

There is alot of questions on other forums and I just want to know.

I'm also pretty sure there will be alot of swaps front grills, mybe bumper, rear diffusos....etc

Black one I would really like to see it with black optic package.

French test:

Lovely...

Disappointing comparison: Sport Auto
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...69#post7521169
    07' Boxster S
    10' S550 Sport
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder

well using one comparaison to take conclusions is not right.... if you want to be right you would need to take 5 to 10 M3 and 5 to 10 RS5 average the timing on same day , same temperature, same tires, etc....

we don't know how luhc mileage has the RS5. it is fully liberated ,etc....

you see the point...

in practice timing are close that si a reality... and that was predictable for sure.... I do thing that in majority of situation it will be in front of M3. simply becasue I cannot imagin Audi releasing a new product behind a current one from BMW.... until BMW release next M3 and race starts again...

so no worries for me ....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

There's a big difference in weight.

Perhaps the RS5 was fully loaded with extra equipment while the M3 was not?

Guys, as much as I loved my test drive in the new RS5, this Sport Auto comp is sadly not a good showing for the RS5 on objective grounds. The RS5 does not perform badly as such in this test either, but for the stiff price I did honestly expect more in terms of hard numbers...

agree price wise it is a bit "rich"...

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroFun View Post
    Guys, as much as I loved my test drive in the new RS5, this Sport Auto comp is sadly not a good showing for the RS5 on objective grounds. The RS5 does not perform badly as such in this test either, but for the stiff price I did honestly expect more in terms of hard numbers...
    Agreed....

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    well using one comparaison to take conclusions is not right.... if you want to be right you would need to take 5 to 10 M3 and 5 to 10 RS5 average the timing on same day , same temperature, same tires, etc....

we don't know how luhc mileage has the RS5. it is fully liberated ,etc....

you see the point...

in practice timing are close that si a reality... and that was predictable for sure.... I do thing that in majority of situation it will be in front of M3. simply becasue I cannot imagin Audi releasing a new product behind a current one from BMW.... until BMW release next M3 and race starts again...

so no worries for me ....
    I am still considering an RS5 as my C55 replacement... It's just disappointing to see a comparison like that
    07' Boxster S
    10' S550 Sport
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder

Audi needs to shave off those 220 kilo of fat right out of the RS 5, and we are looking at a car that can pull a 0-60 in about 4,4 and 0-200 in about 15,8(being VERY conservative). Still, that difference in performance is not that bad when you consider the 220 kilo "premium"...and let's face it, that comparison has very skilled drivers behind the wheel, something that most of us are not...hence, in the real world and in a track the performance difference can be a bit harder to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by EKaru View Post
    Agreed....

I am still considering an RS5 as my C55 replacement... It's just disappointing to see a comparison like that
    Agreed, but your Ferrari should make up for any disappointments.

Just don't get black...... because that is my color.

Well, kudos for BMW for the Competition Pack, wich allows the M3 with standard tires to achieve better times around Hockenheim than a normal M3 with race tires (1:14,2 vs 1:14,3).

As for the RS5, it may not be very impressive when compared with the BMW M3 with the CP, but despite weighting almost 200 kg more, it was still able to achive similar times to a normal M3 with standard tires (RS5 =1:15,3 ; M3=1:15,2), wich is nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm sure both cars will be even more impressive when tested with race tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    All the black RS5 have the alu pack grrrr.
    ...well, not all of them.

Thanks guys ! Strangely enough I am not 100% sold on this combo... Maybe some more pics are needed to get it fully or real life. Seems Monza Grey and black pack will be my best choice.

I went to Munich few days ago, and saw for the first time a "real" RS5, i mean without the geneva show's rims, etc......

Whow!!! realy much more sport and aggressive than any photo can show. Rims seem to be 21' compared to the S5 with the RS4' 20' close to it. Impressive !

This car has nothing common to the RS4. Where the RS4 had to my eyes to be "classy", the RS5 has to be configurated another way.

Hope to be able tomorrow to modify my car (my dealer is going to be crazy, i've just added the DRC 3 laws suspensions...), here's how it's going to be:

So very closed to the last posted photos (rims color and rear windows tint are different)