Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 997.2 Turbo PDK drive impressions

That thing with the PDK box is quite a machine, Porsche just did it again I guess.

''...Porsche also claims it’s 10sec quicker round the Nordschleife than last year’s 911 turbo. ...''

Is this correct info'...?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    ''...Porsche also claims it’s 10sec quicker round the Nordschleife than last year’s 911 turbo. ...''

Is this correct info'...?
    Yes. As you will see from forthcoming Sport Auto Supertest new 997.2 Turbo PDK is faster on the Ring and Hockenheim then R8 V10. A hint for you, it is very fast...

Honestly, as much as I love and believe in Porsche, I didn't expected this huge step forward with a ''improved product''. Results are on the level of a completely new model... Amazing!

Honestly, as much as I love and believe in Porsche, I didn't expected this huge step forward with a ''improved product''. Results are on the level of a completely new model... Amazing!
    Well... I did.

New engine that is really amazing, totally improved and reworked AWD called PTM with now added PTV(Porsche Torque Vectoring package equiped with mechanical LSD). Updated PASM chassis and new Sport Chrono Turbo package that includes active engine mounting.

Friend of mine(member of car press) drove one in Portugal few days ago-he said the best car in the class. Period.

For me, it is best car in class, allways, but that's me...

These new features are really something new, and it is so hard to find anything new to install on the car these days... This is the reason why I love Porsche this much!

When do you expect it to arrive in ZG...? I supouse that same timing I can expect here.

The next best thing will probably be 997.2/911 GT2...

The next best thing will probably be 997.2/911 GT2...
    And they have to do something about the GT2, at least performancewise since the Turbo now is so damn quick.

Interesting this Kreso, I'm really looking forward to those numbers.

sounds like an awesome ride. good for porsche. audi has a big challenge ahead of it for the next R8. or at least for the forthcoming R8 LMS or whatever its called. i may wait on my V10 another couple of years just to see what audi has in store for the next R8 at this point (CY 2014 perhaps).
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

interesting

Owing to the increased capacity and higher compression ratio, Porsche has actually decided to dial back boost pressure a touch, from a previous 1.0 to a nominal 0.8 bar, in the interests of added driveability. The result is even keener throttle response and a level of flexibility you really have to experience to believe.

guys- in terms of the latest and best i think the italia, LFA and TT need to go head to head.

audi had better come up with something real soon. a twincharged 6 cyl with DSG and quattro vectoring in the next R8 should do the trick. i hear a twincharged engine can make the output of a NA aspirated engine with twice the engine displacement, i.e. 3.2L twincharged = 6.4L NA power and torque.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

7 seconds to reach 100mph.

That's incredible when you think that to achieve an improvement of only 1.5 seconds you have to spend £1,000,000 on a Bugatti Veyron. This kind of performance has never been this cheap and begs the question when will it ever stop improving.
    Search and you will find the truth.

The acceleration up to 200 km/h and probably a bit more, is VERY competetive.

Manufacturer Porsche
    Model 997.2 Turbo PDK
    Tested by Sport Auto
    Power 500 PS

0 - 100 km/h 3.1 s
    0 - 200 km/h 10.8 s
    0 - 300 km/h 41.9 s

Manufacturer RUF
    Model Rt 600
    Tested by AutoBild
    Power 600 PS

0 - 100 km/h 3.4 s
    0 - 200 km/h 10.8 s
    0 - 300 km/h 31.2 s

Manufacturer RUF
    Model R Turbo
    Tested by AMS
    Power 520 PS

0 - 100 km/h 3,7 s
    0 - 200 km/h 11,6 s
    0 - 300 km/h 30,7 s
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

The 0-160 km/h and 0-200 km/h times are just amazing.

0-200 is as fast as the SLR in the Nardo high speed test. R8 V10 in 13 seconds. i would want to see how fast the manual tranny car is, though. according to porsche the 0-60 is almost the same PDK vs manual but it is hard to believe- the diff will be much greater at higher accel speeds with such a boosted engine.

i am still a purist at heart and don't believe in truly enjoying a drive unless you are shifting with a stick, but it shows how important technology is and how great cars have become.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

So, the GT-R.... Is Porsche striking back?

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    0-200 is as fast as the SLR in the Nardo high speed test. R8 V10 in 13 seconds. i would want to see how fast the manual tranny car is, though. according to porsche the 0-60 is almost the same PDK vs manual but it is hard to believe- the diff will be much greater at higher accel speeds with such a boosted engine.

i am still a purist at heart and don't believe in truly enjoying a drive unless you are shifting with a stick, but it shows how important technology is and how great cars have become.
    maybe it was a special tuned Porsche press-car

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    So, the GT-R.... Is Porsche striking back?
    So it seems!