Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of H&R springs...

No, I mean as far as ride quality. Is it the same, firmer, less firm..??

I'm new here. My suspension was done by Carousel MPLS. Measurements are 14.125 front & 14.55 rear, with nearly a full tank of fuel. Drove it for the first time since I first test drove it 3 weeks ago. The ride is definitely stiffer than my test drive before purchase & suspension fix. Now it's perfect. After a 100 mile road trip, ---- An awesome Beast!!!!

Is anyone ever going to take pictures and post them with the H&R springs on? And it would be nice to also hear how the car rides with them on. Just wondering.............

Welcome to the new America.

Service and knowledge are gone with the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiRS4ever View Post
    I did try and contact MTM, but they never answer the phone, nor do they return phone calls when leaving a message. I'm done trying. Quite frankly I'm sick of always having to beg people to take my money, ie; Hoppin Motorsports, Stassis, Koni and many many other companies I have done business with in the past. That's one of the reason's I really enjoy Bilstein so much. They are always extremely nice and answer the phone. The jackass' like Stassis and Hoppin are probably wondering why they are having trouble with their business's and all they have to do is look at themselves and how they are operating. Sorry for the rant I just got a little pissed off as I thought about the 3 phone calls I put into Hoppin last week and never heard back once.

Look 2 threads up by the member from Sweden.

Looks very good.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiRS4ever View Post
    Is anyone ever going to take pictures and post them with the H&R springs on? And it would be nice to also hear how the car rides with them on. Just wondering.............

Your car is spot on.

Enjoy the beast

Quote Originally Posted by uncfrk View Post
    I'm new here. My suspension was done by Carousel MPLS. Measurements are 14.125 front & 14.55 rear, with nearly a full tank of fuel. Drove it for the first time since I first test drove it 3 weeks ago. The ride is definitely stiffer than my test drive before purchase & suspension fix. Now it's perfect. After a 100 mile road trip, ---- An awesome Beast!!!!

18hrs.

Pleeze.....give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    Well... my local Audi dealer will install the springs, but they want 18 hours at $120 an hour to do so. I'm better off with KW's at that point. I guess I'll be sticking with DRC unless I can get a deal. :-/

What took you so long.

Please post pics!

Carousel sounds like a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerRS6 View Post
    When I had my DRC replaced last month, I had Carousel Audi (Golden Valley, MN) install H&R springs. I purchased the springs from them for about $200. Labor was free since they were replacing the suspension system anyways. I just had to pay for an alignment...and the springs. Very happy with the results. I'll post pics, if anybody is interested.

Mine is the same pre/post

I can only add that pre was not totally shot. Mine had just started to seep.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    No, he doesn't think that it would be ok to do that. He actually seemed a little insulted that I thought he might have done that. He's a good mechanic. I guess he was more reponding to what some around here have been spouting about the new DRC ride height problem being simply the result of torqueing everything down on a unloaded car. Obviously that's not the case.

The ride height is higher. Why? It's not a mechanic's oversight.

Has anyone's RS6 been returned to them at the same height as when they dropped it off???

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    What took you so long.

Please post pics!

Carousel sounds like a good place.
    Carousel Audi is phenomenal, it's a shame they'll never have a chance to do the DRC on my car
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Yes please post, Im scheduling my DRC soon.

Sorry for the delay. Here are some recent pics...

2003 Audi RS6
    2004 Porsche Cayenne S

Thanks for the pics. How does it ride? Bouncy, or pretty much stock?

Nice, TylerRS6! Thanks for the pix.
    That to me looks pretty good. Can you fit a finger between the front tire and the top of the wheel well?
    I might go with this if the ride is stiff and not bouncy.

Man that looks good.

I would also like the feedback on ride quality. bouncy or firm.

Also, can you measure from center wheel hub to top lip of fender on the front and rear.

That will give us an idea on how low the drop is.

Oh, and did the dealer give you any BS about maybe they wouldn't cover the DRC fix if it went bad since they used aftermarket springs to lower the ride height? Sorta like voiding the warranty?
    That has been hinted at downtown here when I inquired about a re-do w/the H&Rs, or even having somebody else do the H&Rs.

Just ordered the H&Rs from ECS @ $275 delivered 2nd day air! Can't beat that with a stick!
    They are on sale for $202 right now. Site says they lower the F 1.4 inches/R 1 inch, and are stiffer than stock.

New DRC with H&R springs ride quality is great. Not bouncy at all...just more aggressive. I am so happy with this "upgrade". The handling is very much improved. Night/Day difference. No issues from the dealership at all. In fact, they sold me the springs. It will not effect the DRC warranty.

I cannot get a finger in-between the front tire and fender, or a piece of paper :-0 ...
    I can get a finger in-between the rear tire and fender though. Occasionally, I have some rubbing in the front when turning over a bump or steep driveway. I haven't had the time to figure out where the rubbing is coming from, but will post results when I do. I'll also measure and post the drop.

-Tyler
    2003 Audi RS6
    2004 Porsche Cayenne S

Tyler, check that rubbing in the front, with the H&R's I am lowered to 13 1/8" front & 13 1/4" rear with KW's and I don't have any rubbing problems. I imagine your higher than this so I'm not sure where the problem is. These measurments are take from the center of the hubs to the bottom of the fender flare openings.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA