Thread: Aftermarket suspension vs. the "new" DRC

Aftermarket suspension vs. the "new" DRC

Have read too many threads with height, softness, other issues - I will stick with my STaSIS-Ohlins.

Curious if anyone has swapped out their aftermarket suspension for Audi's latest fix ... if so, are you happy?
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Well i called Audi and spoke to a nasty lady about reimbursement for my suspension which i had to swap out. i have bilstein coil overs. my ride is bumpy and jumpy and springy on bumps. on smooth road its a dream, in corners its a dream, i just wish they would send me a check for 4,000 and be done so i dont have to sue them for more. im going to file a small claims case against Audi, they are a joke, defective suspension, wont fix it right because it is a defective design from the beginning. i wish they would have just fixed it correctly or offered a payment to people like me who had to mod the system just to be able to drive their car.
    2003 RS6
    2006 M5

President/Designer
    DAHBO Couture
    www.dahbo.com

Quote Originally Posted by dahbo View Post
    i wish they would have just fixed it correctly or offered a payment to people like me who had to mod the system just to be able to drive their car.

AOA reimbursed me in full for my STaSIS-Ohlins, including labor.
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

I'm waiting on what ever Audi decides to do for me at present.

I'd replaced the Demon Riddled Catastrophe just prior to AoA sending out the recall/replacement notice (Feb, I believe) about their new system with KW's V3 setup.

After receiving a second recall/replacement notice in July, I called AoA and was informed that I should send in any and all receipts that have anything to do with change out and that AoA would "look into the situation" and get back with me on whether they'll reimburse me for A) labor, II) parts or 3) labor and parts.

I'll be posting my results once I find something out.
    An R8 and an RS6 in one garage: It doesn't get much better!

Going through my mail this morning (stack on my desk has been growing this week.)

One of the envelops had "Pay to the order of" in the window. Without looking at the return address I figured it was just another one of those things you get from the local bank: Pay to the order of Jack Hoff 100 bucks if he opens an account.

Still not paying attention to the return label I opened it up, expecting it to be another shredder bound piece. Low and behold, after unfolding and inspecting the letter I have discovered that have received a check from AoA for $3,977.42 for the replacement of my DRC with an aftermarket system.

Only a month after sending in the paperwork.

I must say: "I AM IMPRESSED!!!"
    WOO HOO!
    An R8 and an RS6 in one garage: It doesn't get much better!