Thread: Aftermarket rotors option is almost here!

Aftermarket rotors option is almost here!

Found this on audizine, just in time too. I'm about due.
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310486
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

kinda OT, but do you have any videos of your car w/eisenmann exhaust ? thanks

This is the only one I have, but it was taken with a digital camera, so you almost have to have external speakers to hear it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0nUsNrqlxs
    I guess you can kind of hear it at the end of this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7yqnnSr8N0
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

interesting, again, it seems like with the OEM options that are available to us these days, the $$ saved isn't going to be that great and I guess 8 pounds is 8 pounds....

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    interesting, again, it seems like with the OEM options that are available to us these days, the $$ saved isn't going to be that great and I guess 8 pounds is 8 pounds....
    yep, within $100 of OEM and with $450 kit as a later replacement the labor (for me as i am not DIY) to unbolt/rebolt seems to run the price back up. I would be interested to know how these do in the real world. I'm due for front rotors soon.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I think my replacement rings were $90 each plus shipping. That's far cheaper.

right, that's the thing, when you go that route, that's how it's suppose to be, I wasn't all that impressed with the cost on the replacements..

so, no one is planning on these?
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Quote Originally Posted by terrytcl View Post
    so, no one is planning on these?
    I just got a set delivered this week and having them installed with the "Centric" pads tomorrow. I'll report back when I get a few miles on them.

please fill me in on how they pan out.

i need new brakes
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Ok, sorry for the slow response here... I've got the JHM aftermarket rotors and Centric pads installed on the front wheels. Here are my observations:

* The JHM rotors look well made, I think they look nicer than the stock rotors. They come with an advisory to check the torque on the 10 connecting bolts, which scared the first shop I asked to do the install.

* JHM customer service has been great, my order was shipped the same day and they followed up with me a week after the sale to make sure I was happy (this is probably because the RS6 rotors are a new product)

* Rotors are slotted, not drilled. They weigh 6 lbs less per wheel and have larger vents than the OEM.

DRIVING IMPRESSIONS:

I like to think that I can feel the effects of 6lbs less unsprung weight on the front wheels

The centric pads have less initial "bite" when you first press on the brake pedal compared to the OEM but they have no problem stopping the car. I actually prefer the less grabby feel during day to day driving as it's easier to come to a smooth stop.

There is a lot less dust on the wheels, and I'm happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez0n8r View Post
    I just got a set delivered this week and having them installed with the "Centric" pads tomorrow. I'll report back when I get a few miles on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez0n8r View Post
    Ok, sorry for the slow response here... I've got the JHM aftermarket rotors and Centric pads installed on the front wheels. Here are my observations:

* The JHM rotors look well made, I think they look nicer than the stock rotors. They come with an advisory to check the torque on the 10 connecting bolts, which scared the first shop I asked to do the install.

* JHM customer service has been great, my order was shipped the same day and they followed up with me a week after the sale to make sure I was happy (this is probably because the RS6 rotors are a new product)

* Rotors are slotted, not drilled. They weigh 6 lbs less per wheel and have larger vents than the OEM.

DRIVING IMPRESSIONS:

I like to think that I can feel the effects of 6lbs less unsprung weight on the front wheels

The centric pads have less initial "bite" when you first press on the brake pedal compared to the OEM but they have no problem stopping the car. I actually prefer the less grabby feel during day to day driving as it's easier to come to a smooth stop.

There is a lot less dust on the wheels, and I'm happy about that.
    Is there any chance that you could snap a picture of these installed? I've wondered what these would look like on the car as I really like the way that the stock rotors look with the aluminum hat. Have you noticed any unusual sounds. I've heard claims in the past that slotted rotors can emit a distinct wooshing sound during braking

I should be able to get a cellphone pic tomorrow. No "odd" noises, they have been completely silent.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Is there any chance that you could snap a picture of these installed? I've wondered what these would look like on the car as I really like the way that the stock rotors look with the aluminum hat. Have you noticed any unusual sounds. I've heard claims in the past that slotted rotors can emit a distinct wooshing sound during braking