Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any aftermarket rotor options for the C5 RS6?

Are there any aftermarket rotor options for the C5 RS6?

Time for new disks, stock is rediculou$$$$$$$$$$$$ now that i have to pay for them out of pocket!

TIA,

Jason

Did you try the search?

Were paying on average 500 for a pair of new Audi rotors.

IMHO if you go with new Audi rotors and EBC Reds...you will have many miles of happy driving. Also a thread on the stock Audi pads and why not to use them is in our history.

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    Time for new disks, stock is rediculou$$$$$$$$$$$$ now that i have to pay for them out of pocket!

TIA,

Jason

Jason, try Kyle at fastvwaudiparts@yahoo.com he is somewhere here in Washington and he sold me a new set for $500 delivered and no tax. They only took about 3 days to arrive from when I Paypal'd him the money. He said he can get any VW/Audi parts at a discount.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Jason, try Kyle at fastvwaudiparts@yahoo.com he is somewhere here in Washington and he sold me a new set for $500 delivered and no tax. They only took about 3 days to arrive from when I Paypal'd him the money. He said he can get any VW/Audi parts at a discount.
    Thanks, I emailed him.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Did you try the search?
    Yes I searched, then I posted the question. It doesn't hurt to get the most up to date information... sharing is caring.

Jason

Repeating the same thing over and over again gets old.

If you searched you could have indicated as such. Having consideration for others time is just as caring.

I didnt have the email and contact info handy and would have needed to search myself. Thus my question if you searched?

Tried to point you in the right direction before you overpaid for parts from the dealer. Search would have gotten you there.
    Last edited by DHall1; August 22nd, 2009 at 07:25.

Repeating the same thing over and over again gets old.

If you searched you could have indicated as such. Having consideration for others time is just as caring.

I didnt have the email and contact info handy and would have needed to search myself. Thus my question if you searched?

Tried to point you in the right direction before you overpaid for parts from the dealer. Search would have gotten you there.
    I appreciate your help and value your input. My bad on not spending enough time searching. I'll try to be more considerate of your time in the future. Group hug?!?

Jason

the other option is what i did... custom rotors vis a vis the group b uy... Now i have a spare set of rings sitting in my garage for my next brake job. i think the rings cost me $300 or so for the pair.

Jimmy's group buy from last year.

But.. if you can get a PAIR of rotors for $500... that seems like a good deal. Not like my nsx tho... pads are $75 for the pair, and rotors something like $150 for the pair.

No problem on my end. We have lots of good info here in history. This forum has the largest single source of RS6 info on the planet. Good subject titles and complete diy data are so important to keeping all of us happy. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    I appreciate your help and value your input. My bad on not spending enough time searching. I'll try to be more considerate of your time in the future. Group hug?!?

Jason

I think Jimmy is out and ya, if the rotors can be sourced for $500/pair, it's going to be much cheaper than Jimmy's option.

Sounds like Avus-RS6 contacted Kyle at Fastvwaudi parts and he can't get the OEM rotors anymore. Bummer, $500 a pair was a good deal, I should have bought more.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

FWIW my cost on OEM rotors is $260.00 each as a wholesaler.

If someone is selling OEM for less than that, I would love to at least know where they are coming from. It may be that they are a dealership employee and is selling them at employee cost?

Steve
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)

$520 a pair isn't bad either. Unless Steve charges us a premium. Heh.

My parts guy at Penske Audi told me 300ea.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Sounds like Avus-RS6 contacted Kyle at Fastvwaudi parts and he can't get the OEM rotors anymore. Bummer, $500 a pair was a good deal, I should have bought more.
    I had a feeling this was the case. I hadn't heard of anyone recently getting them for that price.

My parts guy at Penske Audi told me 300ea.
    $300 from a dealer? That's pretty darn good.

You know, it's funny. We get all excited about a "great deal" on rotors for $250-300, but when you step back and think about it, it's still freaking ridiculous!

600 for rotors? Have you looked at the design? 600 is a steal in my book. Hands down the best rotor design to exchange heat on a stock vehicle I have ever seen. Keeping heat out of the center hub is key for long term survival of all the hub components. I have never seen anything like it.

I look at my E55 AMG rotors and just laugh at how basic they are.

I pay the 600 with a smile and thank Quattro for making the design possible.

Out on the road our tanks can stop on a dime and do it over and over again.

I drove a Z51 Corvette in a Bondurant class and just laughed at the brakes all day long. Even with pad upgrades that car was the biggest POS on the planet. All the instructors wanted me to ditch the Z51 and bring my RS6 on the track instead. They made the comment that the RS6 is highly regarded in racing circles.

Just because this car has dropped to a selling value of mid 20s for a few....it does not change the fact that its a 85k+ car that was discounted to sell in the USA. It should have sold for over 100k. 100k Audi cars are worth 100k. Not like a GM that sells for 65k is really worth 40. 100k cars take $$$ to upkeep if you pile on the miles. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow RS6 View Post
    I had a feeling this was the case. I hadn't heard of anyone recently getting them for that price.

$300 from a dealer? That's pretty darn good.

You know, it's funny. We get all excited about a "great deal" on rotors for $250-300, but when you step back and think about it, it's still freaking ridiculous!

Before you throw them on, you might consider sending them through a cryo-treatment. I sent all 4 rotors I purchased in the group buy to www.300below.com.

CW

does that really do anything? I.e. what is the value for money on that?