Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it worth keeping her?

is it worth keeping her?

I'm not really planning on selling anytime soon.. I think to replace the rs6 I'd have to move into an e63 m5 or cts-v.... which would run upwards of 60-90k..

My warranty runs out in may of 2010.. I've had a pretty extensive list of things go wrong... mostly annoying, but certainly expensive things... right now my tilt wheel only goes into position about 70 percent of the time, and my rear radar isn't working. Both fixable under warranty..

Should I just mentally budget 10k per year for fixing things... or 12k per year for a new car payment? I know.. it's really my choice... when the rs6 is working well... damn! love that car. but the continous fixit list gets old fast...

what are your plans out there? I know it's an individual decision... but i vaccillate almost daily over this...

personally... i'd love a factory warrantied 556hp cts-v... which i suspect could easily be bumped to 630+... but i checked into it...and with options i'm pushing $70k... I need to spend that money like i need a hole in my head.

Sigh. I guess the option still exists to buy a used civic....

how many miles do you have? they (audi dealers) have decent prices still on the fidelity extended warranties...i was looking at adding 3/36K for just under 4800 (was on sale in june for 4K even) but I ticked over 75K miles and into a new grouping plus at this moment down on funds to pay for it...but if you could I would say keep it and add on to the warranty. Unfortunately there isn't much out there that can match the RS6 for function so i'm not sure what to do either when i hopefully catch up on paying down my loan (upside down on it still vs trade-in). S5 is my choice as i don't really need 4 doors then wait for next impressive RS car.

I am headed off into non warranty land and scared to death of my particular car as it has been on non stop problem after another (and a service department that can't seem to fix it).
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Gerry,

Go over to Penske and buy a Audi/Fidelity 6/72k plan today. Edit: This gives you all the options moving forward because 1. It will allow you to sell your car in the future with a warranty to back it up. 2. allow you to trade the car at any time in the future and refund the unused portion of the premium. 3. Save the money needed to take me to lunch. joke. haha

This will cover you until 2014+ and 100k miles.

It will cost you $3500 dollars.

Dont wait because Audi may not offer this plan much longer for us RS6 folk. Dont wait till next year when your current one runs out. It will be too late by then.

Drive your car for 6 more years and not a worry in the world for added expense.

Lastly, if you trade in....sell me that Aquamist and swap ecu's with me. (joke) Dont get rid of your car.

Only my opinions here. I have full coverage for 6 more years and have no plans to get rid of mine. Too many ?? with the economy for me to spend any money right now.

See ya

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    I'm not really planning on selling anytime soon.. I think to replace the rs6 I'd have to move into an e63 m5 or cts-v.... which would run upwards of 60-90k..

My warranty runs out in may of 2010.. I've had a pretty extensive list of things go wrong... mostly annoying, but certainly expensive things... right now my tilt wheel only goes into position about 70 percent of the time, and my rear radar isn't working. Both fixable under warranty..

Should I just mentally budget 10k per year for fixing things... or 12k per year for a new car payment? I know.. it's really my choice... when the rs6 is working well... damn! love that car. but the continous fixit list gets old fast...

what are your plans out there? I know it's an individual decision... but i vaccillate almost daily over this...

personally... i'd love a factory warrantied 556hp cts-v... which i suspect could easily be bumped to 630+... but i checked into it...and with options i'm pushing $70k... I need to spend that money like i need a hole in my head.

Sigh. I guess the option still exists to buy a used civic....

Mark,

I think Audi will allow payments on those plans.

IMHO its a better risk to get the coverage and make payments than to risk driving the car without coverage and get hit with a 4k bill out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    how many miles do you have? they (audi dealers) have decent prices still on the fidelity extended warranties...i was looking at adding 3/36K for just under 4800 (was on sale in june for 4K even) but I ticked over 75K miles and into a new grouping plus at this moment down on funds to pay for it...but if you could I would say keep it and add on to the warranty. Unfortunately there isn't much out there that can match the RS6 for function so i'm not sure what to do either when i hopefully catch up on paying down my loan (upside down on it still vs trade-in). S5 is my choice as i don't really need 4 doors then wait for next impressive RS car.

I am headed off into non warranty land and scared to death of my particular car as it has been on non stop problem after another (and a service department that can't seem to fix it).

peiserg,
    Is ur car currently under audi cpo warranty?

I am thinking the same thing, I just got my RS6 less than a year ago and been in the shop twice. I am starting to feel like the car is in the shop more often than with me.

I am thinking something more reliable like Toyota, Honda, Nissan. Less fun and you dont stand out as much but still, I am real tired of having this car in the shop all the time.

When I inquired about an extended warraty from my dealer (in Kansas City) they told me that there were none available through the dealer if the car has over 50K miles. Has anyone else had this experience? My car is at 64K now and CPOd until next April. Iwould like to get an extended warranty and drive it until we maybe get a shot at the next RS6.

I was able to obtain a warranty through Bruce M. for my Rs6 warranty. The warranty has certainly paid for itself over the miles, and Bruce is a great guy and advocate. If you like, I can send you his email so you can touch base with him and discuss options.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    I am thinking the same thing, I just got my RS6 less than a year ago and been in the shop twice. I am starting to feel like the car is in the shop more often than with me.

I am thinking something more reliable like Toyota, Honda, Nissan. Less fun and you dont stand out as much but still, I am real tired of having this car in the shop all the time.
    As my tech says to me all the time, with cars like these, you basically need at least a second car.

And I think several people have bought extended warranties with mileage over 50k, anybody got a contact # for me? My CPO is about to run out and like Dave said, the economy right now is just a little too shakey for me to pull the trigger on any major purchases and so I'll probably be hanging onto this car for a while longer.

But to answer the question at the top, I think that yes, this car is worth keeping unless you have a gremlin car....

My warranty is through Zurich. Since Dec. '08 they've covered close to $15,000 repairs to my car, and have never put up a fuss. I bought mine with 58k miles on the car, 3year/36k miles for $4200 if I remember correctly. Might be worth looking into.
    Zurich
    7045 College Blvd.
    Overland Park, KS 66211-1523
    888-835-5063
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

i bought my rs6 with 48k miles and also bought my warranty from bruce m. i paid just under 4k for 5 yrs upto 90k miles. definately a great person to deal with. he helped me with my rs6 purchase by steering me in the right direction. i highly recommend him.

I have 40k on the car. I bought ext warranty until my 2010 (7yr 70k or something like that). I'd like to shoot for 10 yr 100k. I'd love to keep this car. it is so awesome when it is at full power.

I'll call audi north scottsdale tomorrow, then comparison shop with the other guys. Is zurich honored at the dealerships?

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    I have 40k on the car. I bought ext warranty until my 2010 (7yr 70k or something like that). I'd like to shoot for 10 yr 100k. I'd love to keep this car. it is so awesome when it is at full power.

I'll call audi north scottsdale tomorrow, then comparison shop with the other guys. Is zurich honored at the dealerships?
    Yes, my Zurich warranty has been honored at both Audi dealerships that I've used. I now use Carousel Audi for all of my repairs, and they tell me that they really enjoy working with Zurich.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I know that Fidelity is the warranty du jour around these parts and from what I understand they are pretty decent but I do know that my dealership isn't always the happiest with them... Anybody got a contact information on this Bruce M. fellow?

bruce mendel, brucem105@comcast.net. his warranty honored at audi dealership.

NOT TRUE

Several members have purchased Audi/Fidelity policies on cars over 50k.

Start calling Audi dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by KCRS6 View Post
    When I inquired about an extended warraty from my dealer (in Kansas City) they told me that there were none available through the dealer if the car has over 50K miles. Has anyone else had this experience? My car is at 64K now and CPOd until next April. Iwould like to get an extended warranty and drive it until we maybe get a shot at the next RS6.

Economy? Shaky?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_plummeting_taxes

Step on floor. Remove floor. Falling thru the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    As my tech says to me all the time, with cars like these, you basically need at least a second car.

And I think several people have bought extended warranties with mileage over 50k, anybody got a contact # for me? My CPO is about to run out and like Dave said, the economy right now is just a little too shakey for me to pull the trigger on any major purchases and so I'll probably be hanging onto this car for a while longer.