Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New and improved DRC Shocks installed in my RS6...

New and improved DRC Shocks installed in my RS6...

Rear end sits 4 fingers above the tire... this does not seem normal! Has anyone else had this issue? Will it settle down? I'm told to call the doc if its not down in 4 hours... Seriously though, it looks lame, though it seemed to drive fine on the way home from the shop.

Advice please...

Thx,

Jason

Crappy repair.

Search is your friend.

I bet 10 dollars that the dealer did not have the new special tool.

Call Audi and take the car back.

Oh yeah, it's going back... looks like an Audi mated with a 70's muscle car, not cool!

Dealer had no idea what they were doing. None, zero, failed.

There is air in the lines and I bet the dealer did not use the new tool.

Please search and look at what the new tool looks like. Talk to the service and call the Audi customer assist line to ensure the dealer staff get the needed education. Clearly your local staff have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    Oh yeah, it's going back... looks like an Audi mated with a 70's muscle car, not cool!

No dude, put some gnarly Cragar SS's on it, some Wide O Oval Firestone drag slicks, some traction bars and a NASCAR sticker, maybe even a big 43 on the side. Awesome.

I have the same problem even though I have the MTM spring perches ( 15mm lowering). I talked to the dealer and they said they used the new tool and my suspension should settle. It's been 2 months! Still looks like a 4X4!

Quote Originally Posted by DALLAS_RS6 View Post
    I have the same problem even though I have the MTM spring perches ( 15mm lowering). I talked to the dealer and they said they used the new tool and my suspension should settle. It's been 2 months! Still looks like a 4X4!

how is the performance? is it better before or had deteriorated? thanks
    :)
    01 Bullitt
    03 RS6
    04 R1

The car will not settle. Never ever in a hundred years.

Bad repair call Audi customer service and talk to the RS6 department.

If you search there are several threads with pics of poor repairs with jacked up rears.

Quote Originally Posted by R1 View Post
    how is the performance? is it better before or had deteriorated? thanks
    It fells much better considering three out of four of my "struts" were blown. But I don't think it handles like it should. It does not have the stiff ride I expected. For most this would be a good thing but I expect more of a performance feel than a Cadillac feel.

Can you post a pic?

Have you ever driven a E55? If so, your RS6 should be stiffer and run circles around the E55 03-09 versions. Handling wise.

It fells much better considering three out of four of my "struts" were blown. But I don't think it handles like it should. It does not have the stiff ride I expected. For most this would be a good thing but I expect more of a performance feel than a Cadillac feel.

pics of gap

here are some pictures of the car as it sits today. This is with the MTM 15mm lowering spring perches. I have not driven an E55.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car_gap (1).jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	8422   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car_gap.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	8423  

Quote Originally Posted by RS6-4dr911 View Post
    No dude, put some gnarly Cragar SS's on it, some Wide O Oval Firestone drag slicks, some traction bars and a NASCAR sticker, maybe even a big 43 on the side. Awesome.
    don't forget a greasy mullet and a wife beater t-shirt and an 8-track of Alabama (wait, they are pretty good) or 'Skynerd (sic)

offended? That might just be the point...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

here are some pictures of the car as it sits today. This is with the MTM 15mm lowering spring perches. I have not driven an E55.
    Is that the MTM RS6 from Florida?

It LOOKS exactly the same as a member(name escapes me) that had that MTM RS6 and a delicious stable of CGT and some other tasty bits....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Talking

Yes, it is the same MTM RS6 from Florida. I bought it from there and drove it back....... The original owner does have an awesome collection of cars.

with all due respect, that would drive me CRAZY if my rs6 was sitting that high. i don't think i could drive it for 30 minutes like that.

please get it checked - as dave said - someone didn't do the job correctly.
    Fonzie
    Current: '11 S4 | '15 S8 | '14 911 Turbo S | '15 SQ5 | '03 RS6 | '16 RS7 | '11 458 Italia
    Past: '13 S6 | '12 P85 | '13 P85+ | '10 E63 | '12 S65 | '09 A4

Your problem is different from the 1st poster.

Your car seems high all around.

Couple of thoughts. Can you take a measurement from the center of the hub to the top of the wheel well? On each corner?

Your car looks to be at stock height or just above. Could the dealer have put the spring perches back to the stock point?

I can run out and take my measurements be we have to measure from the center line of the rim/hub to the top of the wheel arch to have apples to apples do to tire differences.

Just picked mine up. I hope y'all don't make me get the Cragars, mullet, etc. Mine looks about as high as Dallas's. However, I looked at some pic's when I first got it and although I don't have measurements, it appears to be the same as then, seconding Dave's opinion that his looks like stock height. This is after reading the various posts about ride height and telling the SA to watch out for it, that I didn't want to come pick up my SUV.

I measured mine as Dave suggested for all to compare (center of hub to bottom of fender lip):

Front Left 14 1/8"
    Front Right 14 3/8"
    Rear Left 14 3/8"
    Rear Right 14 5/8"

Several possibilities for the car being higher on the right:

1) body panels are notoriously inexact.
    2) they messed up.
    3) the tech was from the UK and set it up to allow for my fat ass to drop the height 1/4" on the right side.

Pic's are attached for reference, keep your snide remarks about the curb rash to yourselves, was like that when I bought it (well, mostly).

As for the results, ride is radically smoother, harshness completely gone. Haven't really put the handling to the test but a brief u-turn felt pretty flat.
    Last edited by RS6-4dr911; December 30th, 2009 at 04:14.

ya, once you get the new system in, give it some time and let it settle.....