Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: one more thing to need repair..

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I bet Pat is under his car right now. hehehe
    I actually printed the produre for removing the sensors before I left home -- it is most likely still sitting on my printer unless my wife moved it. I can send when I return if anyone needs it.

VAG-COM will tell you which sensor is bad if you run a scan on the Parking Assist Control Module.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

I was giving him a hard time because of the process.

Check this then 3 beeps then check that then 2 beeps then ...

Sounds like the duck foot rat tech.

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I believe he's talking about cleaning the connection for the harness that feeds all 4 sensors. The actual sensor connections aren't accessible without removing the bumper.

I was thinking about throwing in "then press up, down, up, down, a, a, b, a, b, left, right, b - to unlock the special levels"
    Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I was giving him a hard time because of the process.

Check this then 3 beeps then check that then 2 beeps then ...

Sounds like the duck foot rat tech.

hehe
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I was thinking about throwing in "then press up, down, up, down, a, a, b, a, b, left, right, b - to unlock the special levels"
    Man your up early -- oh that's right it is an hour later there. When you come down we can scan your car and see which sensor is acting up.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Perfect. Not sure it will show anything, as I have seemed to fix the issue, but I wouldn't doubt now that I type this, that the car will spite me and start doing it again : )
    Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    Man your up early -- oh that's right it is an hour later there. When you come down we can scan your car and see which sensor is acting up.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Perfect. Not sure it will show anything, as I have seemed to fix the issue, but I wouldn't doubt now that I type this, that the car will spite me and start doing it again : )
    We can run a full scan the code is probably stored. Don't disconnect the battery or it will most likely be lost. Besides it is useful as a baseline -- I got a dead battery on the On-Star, all of our cars I have seen have a couple codes for the radio and my right rear sensor is the culprit on this. I have been living with it but it is annoying and probably simple to fix. It looks tight up there, real tight but after looking at the procedure I think it should be a "snap" the clips for these sound kind of unique and it says two people are needed to remove the sensor. Probably just dirty contacts.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    Anytime i start up the car and put it into "reverse" i hear a 3 second high pitched beep. I'm guessing it means my rear radar is not working.

Fuel Sender
    AC switch
    Tranny Pan leak
    Torque converter
    DRC
    Brake sensor
    HVAC Flapper valve
    ECU wiring harness
    And......rear radar.
    Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    lol trade it in? who you kidding? Like the crack addicts says "maybe i should just quit..."

It was a rear sensor.

If you want full details i can pull up the W/O from audi north scottsdale and see what labor/parts were.

G to the P.

ps, and to add to my original list...

leaking oil from engine seal on passenger side,

another fuel sender,

bushing on passenger side suspension,

CV boots.. both inner and driver's outer,

etc.
    I'm just amazed that you've had all these issues and not only do you keep your car, but are still a flag-waver for the RS6. Rock on, man!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

JRS-RS6, If you dont mind I'd like the sensor removal info when you get a chance. I may just clean them first?

FWIW, I just noticed the drivers inner CV slingin poo. Ive got to stop looking under that car!

Quote Originally Posted by got boost View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

JRS-RS6, If you dont mind I'd like the sensor removal info when you get a chance. I may just clean them first?

FWIW, I just noticed the drivers inner CV slingin poo. Ive got to stop looking under that car!
    PM Sent.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

The sensor shows PN 7H0 919 275 E. Moved the sensor and the problem moved. Trying to get more info on ordering at genuinevwaudiparts dot com local dealer wants $132.00.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

On a similar note, what if you don't get a beep at all when you put it in reverse?

Quote Originally Posted by JRS-RS6 View Post
    The sensor shows PN 7H0 919 275 E. Moved the sensor and the problem moved. Trying to get more info on ordering at genuinevwaudiparts dot com local dealer wants $132.00.
    Searching this part I got a different PN (4B0 919 275 G) from here: http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-A6-RS6-PDC-S...item51918468ff and the pictures look right.

I hope so because I ordered this PN from genuinevwaudiparts dot com for $62.65
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Ok, I have the bumper off now. (relatively easy to do).

JRS, that is the part number 4B0 919 275 G.

Does anybody know if there is a way to test resistance for the problem? any values to look for?

Thanks

I ordered mine from genuine here in the states and they said the updated PN is 7H0 919 275 E GRU (primed for painting). The old PN should work and I saw some on ebay.de that were very reasonably priced but it was easier to order state side and new for me.

To troubleshoot I used VAG-COM so I do not have any info on resistance measurements. Here is the log before moving the sensor from the right side to the left:

Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 8Z0-919-283.lbl
    Control Module Part Number: 8Z0 919 283
    Component and/or Version: Parkingsyst. A6 RDW D08
    Software Coding: 01116
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
    1 Fault Found:
    01548 - Sensor for Parking Aid; Rear Right (G206)
    37-00 - Faulty

Next I turned off the ignition key and moved the sensor and reopened 76 Park Assist and cleared the fault code at which point it generated a new code for the Rear Left.

I also have some ebahn stuff that is useful if you PM me with an outside email I can send attachments to.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

Thanks JRS, I got it to throw a code. I moved the sensor too to confirm.

Now just the waiting time for the part to come in, and I get to pull the bumper off again!!!!

New Sensor painted and installed without having to pull bumper again. Left it in the middle left last time where it was easier to access.

Noticed that Software Coding: 01116 was not really correct according to the label file it should be 01126 the difference is that the 1 according to the file is Avant (Wagon) Rest of World and 2 is Limousine (Sedan) North America. I changed it to 01126 and it seems to work the same either way. No more 5 second scream when backing up.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver