Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: one more thing to need repair..

one more thing to need repair..

Anytime i start up the car and put it into "reverse" i hear a 3 second high pitched beep. I'm guessing it means my rear radar is not working.

Fuel Sender
    AC switch
    Tranny Pan leak
    Torque converter
    DRC
    Brake sensor
    HVAC Flapper valve
    ECU wiring harness
    And......rear radar.

Sorry but your car must have been made on a Monday (hungover workers) or a Friday (eager for the weekend). I've put 30K on my car (56K) total and no problems.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Sorry but your car must have been made on a Monday (hungover workers) or a Friday (eager for the weekend). I've put 30K on my car (56K) total and no problems.
    Mine must have been built in the middle of Oktoberfest then (still really drunk) ....my list has all the same (except the wiring) and way more items, and more of each.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I have to admit it makes me nervous to hear these stories and I'm just wondering if I'm lucky or are my days numbered?
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I have to admit it makes me nervous to hear these stories and I'm just wondering if I'm lucky or are my days numbered?
    It MUST be because your 6 is white (my favorite color for trucks)
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Did it not make a beep before? Mine has always done this (maybe not for 3 seconds), I put it in reverse, it beeps, then says "OK" in the dash.

Mine just beeps for about 1 second when you put it in reverse then of course does the increased tempo beeps as your backing to an object, when it goes solid I am usually about 2ft. from the object.
    Roy, WA

Hey guys, this one just started happening to me. What exaclty needs to be replaced? It isnt throwing a code but it is goddamn annoying everytime you engage reverse.

Is it just one sensor, easy to replace?

thoughts? experiences? should I trade it in?

Quote Originally Posted by got boost View Post
    Hey guys, this one just started happening to me. What exaclty needs to be replaced? It isnt throwing a code but it is goddamn annoying everytime you engage reverse.

Is it just one sensor, easy to replace?

thoughts? experiences? should I trade it in?

lol trade it in? who you kidding? Like the crack addicts says "maybe i should just quit..."

It was a rear sensor.

If you want full details i can pull up the W/O from audi north scottsdale and see what labor/parts were.

G to the P.

ps, and to add to my original list...

leaking oil from engine seal on passenger side,

another fuel sender,

bushing on passenger side suspension,

CV boots.. both inner and driver's outer,

etc.

Happened to me recently. Could be a couple a different things. Mine had a constant beep. Should only be a short 1 second or less beep.

First, turn the key to the "on" position without starting the car. Pull the ebrake. Put it in reverse. After opening the rear passenger door, get out and push/wiggle the the sensors from the outside. If your playing with one of the sensors, and the beeping goes away, you know which sensor is causing trouble. Mine was the outer drivers side. Get under there and loosen the weatherpack connector and try to clean it with some electrical contact cleaner. Plug it back in and your done, .... maybe.

peiserg, if the beep goes away after 3 seconds and doesn't come back as you stated above, the above method won't help you much. Just get under the car and try to wiggle the connections and see if it is gone.

There also could be a short to the speaker that makes the beep. The speaker is located under the rear decklid. I've heard it's a PIA to get it removed - but I've never had to do it.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Wait a minute. You lost me when the cow jumps over the moon step. If the cow lands short? Which sensor is it again?

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Happened to me recently. Could be a couple a different things. Mine had a constant beep. Should only be a short 1 second or less beep.

First, turn the key to the "on" position without starting the car. Pull the ebrake. Put it in reverse. After opening the rear passenger door, get out and push/wiggle the the sensors from the outside. If your playing with one of the sensors, and the beeping goes away, you know which sensor is causing trouble. Mine was the outer drivers side. Get under there and loosen the weatherpack connector and try to clean it with some electrical contact cleaner. Plug it back in and your done, .... maybe.

peiserg, if the beep goes away after 3 seconds and doesn't come back as you stated above, the above method won't help you much. Just get under the car and try to wiggle the connections and see if it is gone.

There also could be a short to the speaker that makes the beep. The speaker is located under the rear decklid. I've heard it's a PIA to get it removed - but I've never had to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Wait a minute. You lost me when the cow jumps over the moon step. If the cow lands short? Which sensor is it again?

hehe
    I believe he's talking about cleaning the connection for the harness that feeds all 4 sensors. The actual sensor connections aren't accessible without removing the bumper.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I feel good and bad at the same time.

It IS possible to get a hand on the connentors for each sensor. It is a pain and you can't really see much but it can be done. The corners are the worst. Wear a thin pair of gloves to prevent scarring of the hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I believe he's talking about cleaning the connection for the harness that feeds all 4 sensors. The actual sensor connections aren't accessible without removing the bumper.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I bet Pat is under his car right now. hehehe

Arrrgh, beaten at my own game....I feel like the wicked witch and I've just had a bucket of water tossed on me.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I'm already drinking a makers mark in celebration. This will likely only happen once.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Arrrgh, beaten at my own game....I feel like the wicked witch and I've just had a bucket of water tossed on me.
    LOL!! V8 your car looks very shinny in your Avatar, what are you using on it?

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    LOL!! V8 your car looks very shinny in your Avatar, what are you using on it?
    Ha ha, why Acrylic Werks of course. I've actually been meaning to get a hold of you about that. You have PM.