Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bicycle

Haha, know the feeling, except that got out of prison feeling. Have to say; that's one of the sleekest looking road-bikes I've ever seen. Treks is not that common in my country (Norway) but for sure I'd change my Six into that one in a hartbeat. Is there a weight limit on the rider on that frame? If I remember history right Trek bought the carbon technology from Gary Fisher in the late 90's, and they've done a good job I see.

Hope the prison feeling goes away soon for you.
    Vorsprung durch technik

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtlebeach View Post
    Is there a weight limit on the rider on that frame?

Hope the prison feeling goes away soon for you.
    A really good source of info: www.bikeforums.net

According to Trek, there is NO weight limit to the Madone frame. However, at the 230-240lb mark, there will be issues with the wheels that come standard on the 5.2. Since I am far from that mark, I should be good to go. There are stronger wheels that the heavier ("Clydesdales") riders can buy, but then, you will trade some weight for the added strength.

As for the Bootie... feeling good. Yesterday, it was up for a 31 mile group ride. I think in time I will get used to it, but for now I am going to pick up a gel seat cover... just to speed things along.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Thanks for the linky, nice to see what's going on in the bicycle world outside my borders.

As for gel seat covers vs. a worn in ass in bikeshorts I'd recommend the bikeshorts, and generally getting used to the tiny seat. Just my experience atleast, the gel cover usally puts more pressure on your balls and their king, and make them go totally numb, to the point where you're wondering if you lost them after the 10 first miles

Well enough of this ass-talk, enjoy your ride.
    Vorsprung durch technik

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtlebeach View Post

Well enough of this ass-talk, enjoy your ride.
    Thanks for the feedback, I should have mentioned I already had purchased and was wearing the bike shorts. So my butt was sore with wearing them. I would be using the combo of shorts with gels, just until my butt is a little more used to the small seat.

Like I said, I was able to do a 31 mile ride the very next day, so I think hopefully I will only need a little more help till I adapt.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Ben,

I just noticed this thread. Too funny my friend. Boy you dont mess around when jumping into something. That is a sweet bike.

I raced mtn bikes for about 15 years and used road bike training for fitness. Even raced some road events when I didnt have a mtn bike race to attend. There is no better way to get fit than road bike group rides. Enjoy.

I still have most of my bikes but the latest are..

Giant carbon TCR1 road with many upgrades.
    Maverick ML 7.5 mtn bike. Hand made frame in Boulder, Co. May be the best mtn bike ever designed and built. Cross county beast with the best handling over all terrain up down and singletrack.

Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, I should have mentioned I already had purchased and was wearing the bike shorts. So my butt was sore with wearing them. I would be using the combo of shorts with gels, just until my butt is a little more used to the small seat.

Like I said, I was able to do a 31 mile ride the very next day, so I think hopefully I will only need a little more help till I adapt.

Ben

Hey man,

I have put in almost 250,000 miles of road and dirt and have had the pleasure of riding well over 100 different bikes.

Current line up
    Road

specialized tarmac 15lbs
    trek 5900 14.4lbs

Mountain

orbea alma carbon 29er
    fat chance ti
    cannondale scalpel team
    schwinn project underground-only 200 made for the 1993 national team

My advise to you is find a carbon frame/fork/stem/handlebar/seatpost bike

There are a few good buys out there.

felt, orbea and specialized.

i would start searching bike shops in the midwest.

They have the worst economy and most of those shops are full season.

I bet you can get on 30-40% off

PM me with any fiting questions,

patrick

Thanks guys, so far have put in 1200 miles...

Good NIGHT pellapat!!! 250,000 for real?!?!? Hell, I know guys like Hincapie have done over 500,000, but damn! I seriously doubt it is just a "hobbie" for you!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

No $hit,

Patrick how old are you? 150? I was nuts in the day but 15k was topps in a year. Thats 2-4hrs a day almost every day.

Then work, money and travel got in the way.