Thread: Who here got a new S4?

Who here got a new S4?

Who here has got the new S4, what do you think of it?

I'm looking to change and I'm considering it instead of the TT/RS.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Who here has got the new S4, what do you think of it?

I'm looking to change and I'm considering it instead of the TT/RS.
    Sedan or Avant.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    Sedan or Avant.
    Now that's a tricky question, I like both. I suppose I'm sick of always taking the wife's car very time the whole family goes anywhere and I just would like the option to take what I drive the odd occasion.

Colours the other tricky decision, I'm had two S cars in Sprint Blue but as it's the only exclusive colour that Audi give their S4 (OK there's yellow too) I'm sort of forced to go for it again as I won't throw the extra into an Exclusive colour.

It's a cracker of a car, much better to drive thank my old S4 was but as each drive I'm had in the demo has been small I'm not really getting the full picture of what it like or capable of when truly pushed. So anyones experience of owning one would give a greater insight and possibly help with my decision.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Someone on Tyresmoke has recently picked one up, a guy called 'IanHo'. It could be worth dropping him a PM over there.
    2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon

Leadie

I've had mine (Avant, STronic, SportDiff) since mid April this year and I'm really enjoying it.

I've just come back from holiday on the continent and I've driven it through the Italian/French/Swiss alps. What a blast!

I had an RS6 (C5) before. The S4 is much better IMHO - the chassis balance, steering, rear end bias and sport diff make it genuinely fun to drive. Flooring it on tightish 2nd gear hair-pins with the ASR off you get a bit of early understeer and then the back end comes into play - not mad sideways BMW style but puts a grin on your face.

I miss the character of the V8 at low revs - the V6 is bland here - but through the rev range on full throttle the V6 is a real screamer, almost Porsche-like sound.

I also missed the power of the RS6 so a quick trip to MTM and I'm now dyno'd at 420ps@6100, 380 lb ft @4200. Happy days.

I was a bit concerned about the rubbish fuel consumption (given Audi's claims of how much better it is meant to be than the 4.2 V8) at first. I've now got nearly 4000 miles on the clock and its got a lot better. MTM quote 27 (UK) mpg combined (vs Audi stock 29 mpg). On slow motorway journeys ~70mph I'm now getting just over 30mpg @90mph this drops to about 27mpg. Obviously if you're driving it hard expect it to be thirsty.

Drop me a PM if you want to know any more.

Marv

Registered User DetailersDomain's Avatar
    the new s4 is great I just picked up one for the wife yesterday, unfortunately the RS6 had to go.....

the stronic is a huge improvement over the tip on the rs6.....I know its what 7 years newer

but so far its great do I miss the power a little bit but as Marv mentioned its newer and much improved more to come.
    Phil Yiu
    Detailer's Domain
    e-mail: phil@detailersdomain.com

Have none of you guys actually posted pics yet?!

Come on...

Registered User DetailersDomain's Avatar
    the wife took the car this morning before I could snap pictures of it.
    Phil Yiu
    Detailer's Domain
    e-mail: phil@detailersdomain.com

I know this has probably been beaten to death, but is it absolutely true that new S4 won't be coming to the US as an avant?

PLEASE guys give me Photos !! i just LOVE the S4 and would like to see it in "real life" instead of car tests and in the newspaper...