Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Garage Mate For The RS4

New Garage Mate For The RS4

I wish Audi would have put this gearbox in the RS4.

Last edited by Rock; June 28th, 2009 at 22:06.

Red is the best color for this car, Good choice mate ^_^

Certainly not as refined as the RS4 but this GTR is just a hoot!!

I changed the mid-pipe (eliminating the secondary cats) and purchased an Accessport and had a custom Cobb tune. I cannot imagine anything keeping up with this car, especially under 120-mph. Props to Nissan!!! Tons of technology packed into this car. If you have not driven one of these..........Try one!!

As big Audi fan, as I am, I have to ask, whats the point of RS 4 now that you have GT-R...?

It beats B7 RS 4 in every aspect, correct me if I'm maybe wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    As big Audi fan, as I am, I have to ask, whats the point of RS 4 now that you have GT-R...?

It beats B7 RS 4 in every aspect, correct me if I'm maybe wrong.
    Good question....and you are right. The GTR dominates the RS4 in terms of pure performance and technology but the RS4 has some special qualities that make me want to keep it around.

To be honest, the longer I have had the RS4, the more I have come to respect it. I love its overall balance, its exceptional aesthetic qualities and the fact it can be driven on any occasion. I really believe that the RS4 may be one of Audi's greatest accomplishments.

Congratulation to your mini-Veyron!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    I really believe that the RS4 may be one of Audi's greatest accomplishments.
    Congrats to the new member of the "family"

And i agree on the above quote 100%
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Congratulations, great choice!

have to admit those shots make the GTR look great. did you consider getting a V10 R8 and selling the RS4 rather than having both the RS4 and the GTR?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    have to admit those shots make the GTR look great. did you consider getting a V10 R8 and selling the RS4 rather than having both the RS4 and the GTR?
    I do love the R8 but no, I did not consider that option. I really purchased the GTR because of the overwhelming positive reviews, the infinite tuning options (supported by a large aftermarket) and I really did fall in love with the appearance of this red GTR. The pictures do not do it justice. I'll tell you that every third car that I pass either gives me a thumbs up, does a rubber neck or attempts to take a picture. I have even had a police officer stop me and after a couple of minutes of small talk, he was in my car going for a ride (that was a funny story).

I have these in my garage waiting for install...GTR specific:

I love the GTR in red, it's prob my fav colour. Although I prefer stock wheels, they are actually a lot nicer in real life.
    HKS786

this is a HELL of a car.......am i allowed to ask what all of you guys work, that you can afford such supersport cars ?

rock-

are you worried about warranty issues with mods? or have you worked out which ones you can get away with? or perhaps you could care less about keeping the warranty? just curious.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by kju View Post
    this is a HELL of a car.......am i allowed to ask what all of you guys work, that you can afford such supersport cars ?
    Maybe you haven't heard but all of us Americans can prosper now that Mr Obama is our leader. Did you say work? Who needs a job......

rock-

are you worried about warranty issues with mods? or have you worked out which ones you can get away with? or perhaps you could care less about keeping the warranty? just curious.
    You know....... I do occasionally think about that, but I guess I think a lot more about what an extra 80 hp will do for my car.

I have modified just about every performance car I have ever owned (except the RS4....only due to the limited options).

All of the dealerships that I deal with are mod friendly and seem to be supportive of my efforts.... but I'm not blind. If I blow the transmission in my GTR due to modification excess, I am not dumb enough to believe that everyone will look the other way.

...but I'm not blind. If I blow the transmission in my GTR due to modification excess, I am not dumb enough to believe that everyone will look the other way.
    Excellent choice of cars, and a very healthy attitude towards mods and warranties.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Maybe you haven't heard but all of us Americans can prosper now that Mr Obama is our leader. Did you say work? Who needs a job......

exactly. we've been advertising for simple positions in our office. no one is applying. i guess people are too happy with their unemployment checks- like the girl next to me at the bank drive thru the other day- new camry, starbucks latte, 28, and pretty. and with nice nails. chewing gum having a ball and waiting for her $800 check to be cashed.

jesus christ.

and everyone has an obama smile. except the people that are motivated to work.

spain life. here we come.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

spain life. here we come.

OK. Here we are...