Thread: EDO Ferrari California.

EDO Ferrari California.

something really special …
    … edo competition presents the California Spider with fine accessories

The Ferrari 599, 612 and 430 have had offspring. The open two-seater, dubbed the California Spider, with its retractable aluminum hard top is the new entry level model among the sports car offerings from Maranello. Having been introduced to the world at the Paris Motor Show last October, the California Spider can now be admired on our roads, too.

For those who wish to further personalize the appearance and performance of this exceptional sports car, edo competition is now offering very special accessories.
    Newly-developed wheel/tire sets in 20 and 21 inches are guaranteed to draw amazed looks from passers-by. The wheels are available in several attractive designs. Customers can also opt for a lowered ride height or the addition of a sport suspension system. The sport suspension is adjustable in both compression and rebound damping, allowing for a custom tailored ride for cruising, spirited driving, or competition.

To make sure the performance of a vehicle as special as the California is up to par in all aspects, edo competition also offers custom ECU recalibration. After reprogramming the production ECU, the 8-cylinder engine now generates 367 kW (500HP) and 369 ft-lb of torque at 5,200 rpm. In addition to the recalibrated electronics edo competition can install a newly-developed high performance exhaust system featuring adjustable butterfly valves and custom designed high flow catalytic converters with a 200 cell per square inch metal core.
    This well-matched combination enables the engine to develop its new-found power in an impressive manner. The treatment also provides a torque increase that is particularly noticeable in everyday driving. As a result, the performance figures of the edo California Spider are improved as well: It can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in a phenomenal 3.9 seconds and the top speed is an impressive 315 km/h (196 mph).

As with all edo competition models, we set no limit to our customers’ imaginations. Special interiors or lavish leather upholstery, individual requests are accommodated and executed with quality.

All modifications are carried out exclusively at edo competition Motorsport GmbH in Ahlen.

There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Funny how a lot of folks thought the exhaust on the IS-F was dumb and ugly but Ferrari thought it cool enough to steal it.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

they are still gay, I think on the IS-F only the bottom one is a real ipe and the top is for show.

it still looks like a corvette...

I still have encoutered feelings with this car. Kinda like it, kinda not...

Drove one yesterday. The transmission drives like an automatic, but is blisteringly fast. There's no "jump" when shifting gears, either up or down. It's their starter Ferrari, although they don't like to call it that.

Let's just put it this way- my wife won't drive the Scuderia, but she could easily handle the California. It is comfortable, it has the magneto-suspension stuff from the 599, it handles well, doesn't make all the noises that a Ferrari should, (it comes close) but it also requires (so they tell me) much less maintenance. It's meant to be driven everyday. It doesn't beat you up at all and, although I only drove it for a half an hour, i could have gone all day.

It looks more like a Lotus in person than a Corvette. Since most Ferrari owners have them as Garage Queens and are more concerned about saving the miles for "the next guy that buys it", this is breaking new ground for them. My local dealer has an 18 month backlog, but is more likely 12 months.

As for the pipes in the back, they get the big thumbs down from me.
    2007 997 GT3 Carrera White
    2009 Mercedes E63 Wagon, Black/Black
    2009 Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Rosso Corsa

Sold:
    2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl, Black Interior, NAV, Exhaust, XM Radio.
    2005 Maserati Quattroporte, Sport Package, Nero Carbonio, Cuolo Sella Seats.
    2006 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by bilbozilla View Post
    Drove one yesterday...

As for the pipes in the back, they get the big thumbs down from me.
    Thanks for the insight. Good to hear. I like the idea of a Ferrari that one can actually use on a daily basis. And one that supposedly has a low (for Ferrari) maintenance cost. Nice.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan