Thread: More DRC tales

More DRC tales

Well, my DRC was replaced March, 2008. The new DRC has about 1,200 miles on it. It has already failed! 3 shocks are leaking. So, the good news is that they've ordered the updated shocks, which will hopefully be in in a few days. But, they really have NO idea of how long it might be. The dealer has done 2 cars so far with the new shocks, and, so far, they haven't come back. We'll see. Just amazing how poorly engineered it was.

Glad to be joining the ranks of the "replaced with new" DRC club!

CW

Oh my, I don't like the sound of that!

Is that Dodge City, KS?

Jim
    Lenexa, KS
    USA

Please make sure to check that the dealer has the latest special tool. The latest tool has a manual process where the tech has to manually pump to evac all air from the sytem at the same time putting pressure into the system. This process is much better than installing new control valves becuase the tech actually gets to "see" the line pressure on a gauge and keeps pumping until both control valves are exactly equal. Given the design of the system, its the best chance to get all 4 shocks operating under the same pressure.

The old way was just to install new control valves and cross fingers. There was no way to ensure equal pressure in all 4 corners.

Good luck. The new system has been working like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by CornersWell View Post
    Well, my DRC was replaced March, 2008. The new DRC has about 1,200 miles on it. It has already failed! 3 shocks are leaking. So, the good news is that they've ordered the updated shocks, which will hopefully be in in a few days. But, they really have NO idea of how long it might be. The dealer has done 2 cars so far with the new shocks, and, so far, they haven't come back. We'll see. Just amazing how poorly engineered it was.

Glad to be joining the ranks of the "replaced with new" DRC club!

CW