Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: How many 'beasts' are on the board? Audi RS6

Add me to the list!

Hello fellow rs6'ers!

I have been following this forum for a while, and got my mugello blue rocketship about 3 weeks ago from Sonnen Audi in Marin. Only option was the sound enhancing exhaust, although I'm having a phatbox added right now. Interior is black, poplar wood not carbon fiber. I've owned a succession of quattros, from A4's to A8's, it started back in '89 with a silver/chocolate ur quattro, which had been federalized from Canada, and had the cool euro bumpers. it was a cool car at the time, but Audi has sure come a looong way! The real world performance of the RS6 is staggering, as you all well know.

One of these days I'll scan in a couple of pictures I have of my (sold in '95) ur-quattro to bring back some memories. Keep up the great work of mutual support, and I'll report on my phatbox experience.

TexasWhite and quattroboy ,

Welcome and congrats. I already KNOW you're enjoying your cars so i don't need to ask. Some pics though would be nice.

Ben

Texaswhite and quattroboy,

Welcome aboard, I look forward to pictures and stories from both of you.

quattroboy-looks like there are three of us in the eastbay one in Marin and one in the south bay. How did you hear about the board...I saw a Bule RS6 in Emeryvill about three weeks ago and put a note on the windshield....was that you?
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Bauer

Maybe there are more of us than you think in the east bay...I actually work in Livermore, and have twice seen an avus silver RS6 here in town, seemingly whoever drives it works at or near the Lawrence Livermore Lab. Regarding your "note" comment, I do occasionally stop in Emeryville, but I don't remember a note on windshield, and can't recall stopping while in the RS6, so maybe there is yet another of us lurking in the area. Sonnen Audi recently sold a couple more RS6's, one ebony and one gray, I believe. Rumors are that one of the buyers is looking hard at chipping his car.

One of these days we should organize a Bay Area meet! My salesman at the dealersip (an SCCA member) claims he can get me/us on the track at Thunderhill for a day of instruction/play for $195-I'll press him for details as I work the phatnoisy thing per my other thread.

BTW, I also believe Livermore Audi has an ebony RS6 for sale, although I haven't been by in the last couple of weeks.

quattroboy-

I will send you a privet message....just go to the user cp to get it
    Bauer

01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Yikes!!! This is a long thread. I just read it.

I have an ebony black RS6 sedan (US spec), silver interior, sound enhancing exhaust, carbon fiber, nav and rear air bags. Windows are tinted to 38% transmission and clear bra installed.

The two Labrador Retrievers don't get to ride in it.

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003 rs6 001 - very small.jpg 
Views:	3053 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	1015  
    Last edited by oregonbob; November 6th, 2003 at 00:44.

Originally posted by oregonbob
    The two Labrador Retrievers don't get to ride in it.

Bob
    That's why we needed the Avant brought over here .

Ben

Originally posted by Benman
    That's why we needed the Avant brought over here .

Ben
    You're absolutely right. I would have bought one if it was available.

Bob

Those are two great looking labradors.......oh yeah and nice color on the RS6

I actually love the labs my wife and I are considering getting one.

Enjoy the RS6 and the labs
    Bauer

01 S8

Hello from New Jersey

Mugello Blue/black interior
    sound enhance pkg
    cold weather pkg
    carbon fiber
    XM radio
    NAV system
    V1

3000 miles in 2 months
    no problems (need a "knock wood" emoticon)
    lots of smiles
    lots of unexpected attention
    no tickets (really need a "knock wood" emoticon)

It takes awhile to find other RS-6 owners even on the net. Can you imagine if you question was how many M5 owners are out there! Well my RS-6 is on the boat and scheduled to arrive in early 12/03. It's ebony pearl with nav, solar panel, carbon fiber and enhanced exhaust. Can't wait!

Welcome

ksurg,
    Good to have you join us. Looks like you are going to be getting one of the last RS6's to reach American soil. I know once you get the car you will love it it is one awesome ride. I have about 3800 miles and am really learning alot about this car and loving it more and more. Be patient with your break in period and enjoy the slow pace foe a while because after break in you will be flying low everywhere you go.
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust

Thumbs up

HI,

Finally took possession of my RS6

Mugello Blue/ Black interior
    Recaro seats, sunroof, carbon fibre
    18" 9 spoke wheels
    Std exhaust

Did about 300 km's yesterday, albeit gently. Overtaking is SO easy This is addictive.

Feels much smaller than my A6 4.2, just so much tighter with no roll.

Picture attached and couple more to come.

Note the towbar - custom made to factory specs. Just for taking the boat to the ramp and home again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6 rear.jpg 
Views:	2968 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	1032  
    Kiwi RS6

----------------------------------
    2003 RS6
    1963 Austin Healey 3000 Mk II

More pics of kiwi RS6's car.

The view is of Rangitoto Island in the Auckland Harbour, ex home of the America's Cup

If you have pics of your car that are too big to attach please send them to erikb@rs6.com and I'll help you.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Very Nice indeed!

I see you have a towbar (Towhook), I don't think anyone else on the board has one attached to the RS6.

Lovely car none the less!

Ksurg and Kiwi RS6-

Welcome aboard!!!!!

Ksurg- it looks like there are about 5 of us in Nor Cal on this board
    Let us know when the beast is in your hands!!!

Kiwi- Cool tow set up....see the RS6 is practical too

Bauer

01 S8

For those who are interested, the towbar unit is removable as well. I left it on for the photos.
    Kiwi RS6

----------------------------------
    2003 RS6
    1963 Austin Healey 3000 Mk II

Hi all,
    I just picked up my Avus RS 6 last week. My local dealer called me when the person who had the allocation bailed at the last minute. All I can say is DAMN ! I love this car. I'm going to get rid of my Boxster S, as it now seems like a toy in comparison. Also, the RS 6 is more practical for this part of the country (upstate NY) and our less than ideal weather.
    For the record:

Avus RS 6
    Silver interior
    Carbon fiber interior
    Enhanced exhaust

Ellwer