Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
Both VIN's under 905500 - As a preventative measure, request full paperwork from your local Audi stealership of service history. Known fault in the earlier VIN's of a bad seal in the Torque Converter causing eventual trans failure. Hopefully, your Beast has already been through the painful process known as 'lubing the wallet-hole' and had a rebuild of the TC, and likely replacement of trans at same time. Cost on failure between 7-12k depending where you source parts and labor. Adventurous souls who go about doing all their own work can expect to shell out ~$4500 between rebuild of trans, rebuild TC, fluids, and pallet shipping of major componentry (cost items listed in order of total dollars spent). Hope for your sake this was undertaken by previous owner(s)!

O_E
And here I was getting all excited over getting my baby back and then I see this stuff. My car is in spectacular shape for 79K miles but was purchased with nearly nothing in the way of records. It is vin # 904984. I will have to hit up the dealer tomorrow and se if my contact can get me any records she has on the car. On the same note I have a transmission shop that works with my shop and they have done many many transmissions for us including a couple ZFs and we have yet to have any warranty issues. I asked him just out of curiosity what he would charge me for a full rebuild on mine and he said its pretty expensive and would be about $3000.

Well anyway my name is Bill and I bought my beast on 9/2/15. 2003 Mugello/Ebony RS6 with 79,480 miles. Car came with a whole lot of modifications and is in really great shape. It is currently having the gas tank recall done so I wont get to see her again for a couple weeks and miss the hell out of that dang car!

I do have a thread going already. http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/32...econd-hand-RS6 As I upgrade her more I will keep the thread updated but for now now I am on hold for any more changes while I recoupe from the cars purchase as well as all the work I did to it including all new timing stuff that will be installed once its back from Audi. Made sure to get all OEM Audi parts and a gates belt.

Picture of my one true love.