Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 LastLast
Results 1,423 to 1,440 of 1468

Thread: How many 'beasts' are on the board? Audi RS6

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Both VIN's under 905500 - As a preventative measure, request full paperwork from your local Audi stealership of service history. Known fault in the earlier VIN's of a bad seal in the Torque Converter causing eventual trans failure. Hopefully, your Beast has already been through the painful process known as 'lubing the wallet-hole' and had a rebuild of the TC, and likely replacement of trans at same time. Cost on failure between 7-12k depending where you source parts and labor. Adventurous souls who go about doing all their own work can expect to shell out ~$4500 between rebuild of trans, rebuild TC, fluids, and pallet shipping of major componentry (cost items listed in order of total dollars spent). Hope for your sake this was undertaken by previous owner(s)!

O_E
    And here I was getting all excited over getting my baby back and then I see this stuff. My car is in spectacular shape for 79K miles but was purchased with nearly nothing in the way of records. It is vin # 904984. I will have to hit up the dealer tomorrow and se if my contact can get me any records she has on the car. On the same note I have a transmission shop that works with my shop and they have done many many transmissions for us including a couple ZFs and we have yet to have any warranty issues. I asked him just out of curiosity what he would charge me for a full rebuild on mine and he said its pretty expensive and would be about $3000.

Well anyway my name is Bill and I bought my beast on 9/2/15. 2003 Mugello/Ebony RS6 with 79,480 miles. Car came with a whole lot of modifications and is in really great shape. It is currently having the gas tank recall done so I wont get to see her again for a couple weeks and miss the hell out of that dang car!

I do have a thread going already. http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/32...econd-hand-RS6 As I upgrade her more I will keep the thread updated but for now now I am on hold for any more changes while I recoupe from the cars purchase as well as all the work I did to it including all new timing stuff that will be installed once its back from Audi. Made sure to get all OEM Audi parts and a gates belt.

Picture of my one true love.

2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    And here I was getting all excited over getting my baby back and then I see this stuff. My car is in spectacular shape for 79K miles but was purchased with nearly nothing in the way of records. It is vin # 904984. I will have to hit up the dealer tomorrow and se if my contact can get me any records she has on the car. On the same note I have a transmission shop that works with my shop and they have done many many transmissions for us including a couple ZFs and we have yet to have any warranty issues. I asked him just out of curiosity what he would charge me for a full rebuild on mine and he said its pretty expensive and would be about $3000.

Well anyway my name is Bill and I bought my beast on 9/2/15. 2003 Mugello/Ebony RS6 with 79,480 miles. Car came with a whole lot of modifications and is in really great shape. It is currently having the gas tank recall done so I wont get to see her again for a couple weeks and miss the hell out of that dang car!

I do have a thread going already. http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/32...econd-hand-RS6 As I upgrade her more I will keep the thread updated but for now now I am on hold for any more changes while I recoupe from the cars purchase as well as all the work I did to it including all new timing stuff that will be installed once its back from Audi. Made sure to get all OEM Audi parts and a gates belt.
    Bill

We've talked in several threads now - Amanda from the dealership you're working with sounds like a huge help. Ask her (nicely) if you can get a copy of service history for your beast. It may take a little bit of pushing up the management chain to get it done, but eventually you will get it, nicely scrubbed of previous owners' name(s) and address(es) and such. Anything that an Audi service department undertook on your car will be in that paperwork. I got my beast from a former member here (TechGurru) who was an Audi Service Writer at one of the Portland, OR metroplex dealerships, and he included the full Audi history with the sale (something like 40 pages worth) that showed everything from wiper blades to transmission/TC under warranty replacement.

Sometimes, it's best not to think about how much money has been spent on the car - I think someone did a writeup of how much they'd spent over the first 5 years of ownership and it worked out to ~$8k/year when they didn't include any warranty work. I know having had mine for a bit over 2 years, not counting the pothole debacle, I've put ~$12k into my beast, so I think so far I'm doing okayish, but then I don't own a service shop and have all the specialty tools and "free" sunk-cost labor at my disposal. Don't let anything you see here intimidate you - remember every car advertisement ends with the guy talking really really fast, "taxandtagsandtitlecostextraoffernotavailableinall5 0statesshopyourlocal%brand%dealershipformoredetail syourmileagemayvary"

Keep teasing us (me) with pics of your beast, and keep loving every second you spend in her. From the mods you've noted, it sounds like the previous owner took proper care of her, and set her up quite nicely.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Than you. David pretty much said the same thing. Ive wanted her so long that I am tickled pink any time I think about it. Since its gone I have looked at the pictures I took every day and think "I cant believe thats mine!" When it gets back I am just going to drive it and enjoy it. Stop worrying about all the little stuff and just use it for what I bought it for. To make driving pleasurable again.
    When it breaks, I will just fix it like every other car I work on. Reminds me, I need to get another set of triple squares from the Matco guy for all them special Audi/VW/Porsche screws. Cant find mine and think I may have left them in my Audi. LOL
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

New in forum. I have owned this rear colored bby for a 9 months. Running 398kw@ 5050 rpm 948nm torque @ 3500 rpm.

Spec:
    - Goodwood green pearl effect
    -KWE intercoolers
    -Chip
    - s6 suspension
    - gearbox driven 50k
    - restaured turbos
    - turbotimer
    - cats deleted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRdvj01eMyE

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6198.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	16908  
    Last edited by Waixu; November 23rd, 2015 at 12:40.

Hi everybody!

My name is Fabio and I´m from Brazil. I own a imola yellow all stock RS6 with 60k miles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20160402-WA0016.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	17236

Hello all. Long time Audi forum contributor elsewhere, but new here. Bought my C5 RS6 in August 2015. I drive it three months of the year and leave it stored in a heated garage for the remaining nine. Car is a Canadian spec Daytona Grey and seemingly includes most options, including the solar roof. Was bought new in Vancouver and relocated to Vancouver Island where it has remained. Great shape; no dings, no scratches or no peeling parts... and no mods.

Here's mine, bought it last year and love it! Daytona Gray with Rotiform 19x10 wheels... Just had the brake calipers redone Ferrari red with logos.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151201_14_35_29_Pro.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	17271

Also, quick question for you all which coilover kits are you using? Will an S6 C5 Bilstein PSS9 kit work?

With Red RS Brake CalipersClick image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160415_18_51_09_Pro.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	17272

I have had the RS6 for almost 1 year now and i love it,wont be long before she's ready for summer
    Win#900298

Hi All--bought my RS6 last week. Black with 115 on it!

Mythos Black
    1st June
    Lots of options....

Hello members my RS6 2003 i purchased in january 110000 miles on it black interior/exterior all stock at purchase time ...the vacuum pump under the intake popped the end off recently and there where some oil leaks that needed attention, so motor and trans is removed as of now. So far i have removed the cylinder heads and got a valve job done replaced all springs and seals, springs used where supertech titanium. I replaced water pump, timing belt, rollers, tensioner and every gasket and seal on the motor top to bottom, replaced turbo cartriges and upgraded to billet compressor wheels cerimic coated all hot parts and compressor covers...about to reinstall powertrain this weekend, The transmission in the car was new along with converter when i purchased vehicle so i hope it holds up to the upgrades. Will get some pics on here soon

Quote Originally Posted by suprfrk View Post
    Hello members my RS6 2003 i purchased in january 110000 miles on it black interior/exterior all stock at purchase time ...the vacuum pump under the intake popped the end off recently and there where some oil leaks that needed attention, so motor and trans is removed as of now. So far i have removed the cylinder heads and got a valve job done replaced all springs and seals, springs used where supertech titanium. I replaced water pump, timing belt, rollers, tensioner and every gasket and seal on the motor top to bottom, replaced turbo cartriges and upgraded to billet compressor wheels cerimic coated all hot parts and compressor covers...about to reinstall powertrain this weekend, The transmission in the car was new along with converter when i purchased vehicle so i hope it holds up to the upgrades. Will get some pics on here soon
    Glad to hear it. Sounds like you're giving her the proper refurbish. Got mine at 87k and did most of that work the first few years to get it back to new. Post up a new thread with details and any info/pics on the car. Welcome!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thank you ...will do

So, what is the actual count? Can the person with "the list" confirm a #?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    So, what is the actual count? Can the person with "the list" confirm a #?

X2, an recent auction listing on ebay for an RS6 suggested that only approx. 300 remain on the road in the USA. Not sure if that's an accurate estimate however a release of "the list" would certainly aid in understanding the relative rarity of the c5 RS6 build #'s and those of which remain on the road.
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

The list was in the high 300s when I got it

i think it's close to 5 now but know way of knowing how many on the road