Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Le Mans 2009

Whoops! Nevermind. Was confusing the number 8 & 9 Pug.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    This may be the year Peugeuot finally does it. It is their race to lose.

Ben
    Just to be pedantic on the use of the word 'finally' .. Peugot won in 1992 and 1993

Race is sadly not going Audi's way, however lets not right off the number 1 car yet .. still running strong in second place

Looks like a french victory.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

So that was the end...At least it was a nice race and Peugeot deserved the title.
    The biggest problem though, Audi "wasted" so much money on this new car and pulled out from ALMS instead. They probably did better if staying with R10, save money and continues racing in ALMS. Look at the 2 Kolles R10s, they did very nice during the whole race even with 2 drivers! I think if Kristensen and co. drove that car, they didn't finish worse. Constructing this new car now looks like a mistake especially considering that in 2011, absolutely new cars are required.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by gdavison View Post
    Just to be pedantic on the use of the word 'finally' .. Peugot won in 1992 and 1993
    Yes, I was talking about 16 years being a long wait.

Toto89, I think I may agree about your comments on the R15/10. Very unfortunate for Audi.

But ...

A Big Congrats to Peugeuot, they deserved it. Audi had far too many "bad luck" occurances to pull off a victory. Last year, Audi knew the Pugs were fast, and relied simply on them not being as reliable. This year, Peugeuot proved their cars were not only lightning quick, but rock steady endurable as well.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

we were operating on weight penalty or some other restrictions too weren't we?

wonder what the 2011 R15 replacement will be called?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    we were operating on weight penalty or some other restrictions too weren't we?

wonder what the 2011 R15 replacement will be called?
    30kg beneath the driver. It made the car less stable, and it tend to do unpredictable oversteer as a cause of this . I don't know if Peugeot had the same problem, but it sure as hell didn't seem that way .

I'm disapointed in Audi. This is NOT what is expected from them, but believe me i know they will come back next year MUCH stronger.

BTW. congrats to two other danes who won their classes. Jan 'big mac' magnussen in Corvette in GT1 and the danish team Essex with Casper Elgaard and Kristian Poulsen in their Porsche RS Spyder
    Audi - Vorsprung Durch Technik

I don't know whether Peugeot also had weight penalties but it was commented that their cars were unstable under braking. The truth is that their cars were much quicker were is mattered which was in acceleration out of the corners to allow them pass traffic and on the long straights. They were also more reliable than Audi were, whether through misfortune or lack of testing but on the day the best car/team won.

I think that there has to be a new design for 2011 as regulations change for then so maybe Audi have the jump on the rest which would be a very smart move or they've developed a new car for a two year life span which would have been very dumb and costly.

One thing is for sure though, if the number 2 Audi that crashed had been a Peugeot the marshalls WOULD have allowed it to continue, no doubt nation loyalty was at work on that occasion.
    Search and you will find the truth.