Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S4 V6 3,0l TFSI at MTM...

Makes me want one...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I was waiting for that one!

LOVE it!

MB
    What is an Audi without quattro?

Frederic

Does the fact it's on the CAN bus mean it can control the gearbox too? I'd love a program for the S-Tronic that does not auto upshift at the red line in manual mode. What are the chances of that?

Thanks

Marv

on MTM site, it states 100hp gain from Cantronic alone!

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/index.ph...modell=S4%20B8

So for roughly £2100 you get yourself an S4 with more fire power than an RS4 or M3 and probably more performance as well. Sounds great if they cover the warranty.
    Search and you will find the truth.

warranty or transimission aside, how much harm is 100 more hp doing to the engine itself?

btw, one noob question, why is TT engine more mod friendly than supercharged engine?

well, MTM has been in business for more than 20 years and always designed reliable kits...

Audi has already done a 405hp 3.0l TFSI so it shows the potential...

TT engine is more friendly because there is the potential to switch for bigger turbos. Not something you can do easily for a Kompressor...

You can change the pulley to make it turn quicker. But you need to make sure the cooling part is OK for the upgrade otherwise you will loose somewhere what you gain with a bigger kompressor....

Frederic

I've run MTM upgrades on my b5 RS4 and c5 RS6 with no problems at all - I don't consider MTM to be cowboys like some other firms (not to say there aren't other good ones - AMD I quite like too)

They seem to get the best out of the engines without overstressing them and the stage 1 chips I've had never sacrifice driveability for the sake of headline power and torque figures. All the good bits of the stock engine are there, just improved. You don't end up with rough idle, flat spots, poor fuel consumption etc

I've just re-read that bit and I sound like a salesman! I'm not, just a satisfied customer.

This 100hp upgrade seems massive though! RS4 went from 380 to 420 on MTM stage 1 and the RS6 from 450hp to 500hp on MTM stage 1 - both around 10% increase. 100hp on 330hp is 30% up just with a chip.

Frederic

Do you have any power/torque curves of stock vs MTM?

Thanks

Marv

have anybody used MTM exhuast before? how do they compare with Tubi or Militek in terms of power gain n sound?

What exactly is cantronic?