Thread: Used 2007 Porsche 997 GT3

Used 2007 Porsche 997 GT3

Thinking of buying a used 2007 997 GT3, what do u guys think about this car, good car? anyone driven it before? need good skill to drive? difficult to drive in the wet? my driving skill is not very good at all, so should i take one of this or just forget about it? thanks!

I have one and love it. If this is your first foray into high performance automobiles, spend some time karting. I can't stress this enough.

The GT3 is incredibly rewarding to drive, but it will take your head off if you let it drive you. If you know your limits, go right ahead. Regardless of your choice, take some instruction at a track. The rear-weight bias of the Porsche definitely has its benefits, but it also greatly affects the handling characteristics which you may not be accustomed to. It is not difficult to put the tail out.

I have driven mine in the rain, but choose not to because the tires become next to worthless.

It sits very low and the nose is prone to scraping. My wife complains about it being uncomfortable and noisy - that's never been an issue for me.

The GT3 has been great, and I have no regrets.
    2007 997 GT3 Carrera White
    2009 Mercedes E63 Wagon, Black/Black
    2009 Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Rosso Corsa

Sold:
    2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl, Black Interior, NAV, Exhaust, XM Radio.
    2005 Maserati Quattroporte, Sport Package, Nero Carbonio, Cuolo Sella Seats.
    2006 Mercedes E55 Wagon

If you like fast sportscars and driving, I don't think you can go wrong with one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by bilbozilla View Post
    I have one and love it. If this is your first foray into high performance automobiles, spend some time karting. I can't stress this enough.

The GT3 is incredibly rewarding to drive, but it will take your head off if you let it drive you. If you know your limits, go right ahead. Regardless of your choice, take some instruction at a track. The rear-weight bias of the Porsche definitely has its benefits, but it also greatly affects the handling characteristics which you may not be accustomed to. It is not difficult to put the tail out.

I have driven mine in the rain, but choose not to because the tires become next to worthless.

It sits very low and the nose is prone to scraping. My wife complains about it being uncomfortable and noisy - that's never been an issue for me.

The GT3 has been great, and I have no regrets.
    Thanks!I am interested too....

thanks for the information!! well, really need to think about it first!

why not a Turbo (4wd,more comfy...)?

Turbo is a great car. Might actually be a better fit for you, Tony. It's faster, but a very different experience from the GT3, as the GT3 offers a different challenge. The GT3 offers a more visceral experience, wherein the Turbo COULD (this is not to start a flame war) be classified as more of a GT car than a sports car. The GT3 is more "on edge" and behaves accordingly.

Everything comes at a price. The fact is, there is no one perfect car, so get the one you want. I'd be lucky if I push mine to 8/10s, but I sure enjoy trying.

Automobiles are definitely a sickness. Welcome to the club.
    2007 997 GT3 Carrera White
    2009 Mercedes E63 Wagon, Black/Black
    2009 Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Rosso Corsa

Sold:
    2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl, Black Interior, NAV, Exhaust, XM Radio.
    2005 Maserati Quattroporte, Sport Package, Nero Carbonio, Cuolo Sella Seats.
    2006 Mercedes E55 Wagon