Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TCU map has done wonders for my 0-60mph...

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post
    Well, mine has alway revved a lot more than 6400 or even 6600. And now it goes even higher, it may be 7300 or 7400, TBH i was looking at what i was hurtling towards at 100mph and not paying a huge amount of attention to the needle other than a glance.
    If my rev limiter ever cut in at 6600rpm, it would be back with grizz finding out why.
    The rods and pistons will be fine- its a cosworth built lump.
    Your dyno run which I assume was done before the TCU map shows redline ~6500rpm????

With regards to the rods and piston's being fine, well that is not something that is brand dependant piston speed and rod loading is something that even F1 engines need to watch out for!

Shifting

@cornishmoocher - when shifting with your paddles or stick lever, how long after you click the button does the transmission shift? Has the custom TCU tune tightened up that gap? What kind of boost are you holding through the rev range?

Thanks,
    Chris
    '03 Audi RS6 | 034 Motorsports Stage 2 ECU + TCU | PSS9 Coil over shocks/springs | Hotchkis sway bars | Milltek exhaust systems/downpipes/cats | Hyperboost DV | Venair hoses | 034 Snub mount | 034 Density control arms

I remember a few years back while having Audi's head RS6 tech trying to figure out what was wrong with my engine mentioning to me that the turbos were solid and should last years unless you chip it.. He said the problem with chipping isnt the extra power but many tuners raise the redline which causes the turbo's to overrev and fry.. They can only turn so fast before the blades begin to approach the SOS and this is what causes oscillation and failure..I had never heard this before..