Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 03-04 Audi RS6 - DRC Recall BINGO!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation 03-04 Audi RS6 - DRC Recall BINGO!!!!!!!!!!

Folks,
    I got a letter for a DRC recall
    Parts will be available from August, check your mail or call them for your VIN
    1800-253-2834 Recall Campaign 43A8 (J4)

Letter COPY here

www.WheelsGallery.com

My Ride
    http://wheelsgallery.com/gallery/mak...2003/62_3.html
    Last edited by Audi-RS6; April 1st, 2009 at 20:15.

Got mine a month ago, most people should have gotten it already.

Felt good opening it up eh?

Now I have 4K to spend

Talking

Wow in other old news I heard a man was put on the moon!!! Is that true!!??

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    I shouldn't be laughing at this, but I can't hold it in. THAT's pretty funny.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Bigglezworth is right, I can't hold it in!!!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Where is Greg to say.

"Search button is your friend"

heh, you guys are horrible!

Oh come on. He may have been on a private island full of half-naked models and just got back home, opened his mail, saw the letter and logged back on to the 'ol RS6 site to let us know. It happens...

Well, I for one need to see the pictures of the said half neked models.

Then and only then will he be off the hook.

j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    Oh come on. He may have been on a private island full of half-naked models and just got back home, opened his mail, saw the letter and logged back on to the 'ol RS6 site to let us know. It happens...

Does anyone know if Audi UK are doing the same thing ? (fingers crossed)

Justin

NO

Your toast.

I suggest getting in touch with Grizz and Unit 20. The best shop for RS in the UK. Barr none.

Quote Originally Posted by justin1230smith View Post
    Does anyone know if Audi UK are doing the same thing ? (fingers crossed)

Justin

Christ, NOW they do something. I sold my RS6 last Fall because I feared a second DRC failure. I loved that machine when it was working right!

I wish Audi would own up to their problems and deal with them promptly. Audi lost an R8 sale (rather, made it with somebody else) because I am more cautious with the brand. I was a die-hard Audi guy. Now, I'm shopping other makes -- down from three Audis to one. (Added CLK63AMG Black and Ferrari 430 Scuderia.)

I'm pleased they're successful now; however, the tipping point is when customer care goes out the window in search of an extra Euro.
    GoFastKindaGuy
    '18 McLaren 720S, '18 Audi R8 V10 Plus, '18 Porsche Turismo Sport Turbo, '12 Cayenne Turbo, '04 Carrera GT

I would not let the DRC sway me from my RS. I have pissed and moaned over and over again. (That resulting in Audi calling my cell direct) But no way would I give up on the beast. Audi is now setting up my DRC replacement asap.

I have said over and over again these problems are costing Audi repeat sales and the owners of RS models are not buying repeat A4s. They buy Q7, 5 R8s and A8s. Hello Audi....are you reading! I have already started my R8 fund. If things go well and Audi takes care of business....you got a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastKindaGuy View Post
    Christ, NOW they do something. I sold my RS6 last Fall because I feared a second DRC failure. I loved that machine when it was working right!

I wish Audi would own up to their problems and deal with them promptly. Audi lost an R8 sale (rather, made it with somebody else) because I am more cautious with the brand. I was a die-hard Audi guy. Now, I'm shopping other makes -- down from three Audis to one. (Added CLK63AMG Black and Ferrari 430 Scuderia.)

I'm pleased they're successful now; however, the tipping point is when customer care goes out the window in search of an extra Euro.
    Last edited by DHall1; April 12th, 2009 at 06:13.

Can somebody make a photo of similar letter from Audi European dealer???

no such letter/recall exist for Europe as far as I'm aware.

the best we've managed to get over this side of the pond so far is this from Audi UK...

================
    THE AUDI RS 6 / DYNAMIC RIDE CONTROL SYSTEM (DRC)

Audi UK can confirm that a fault has been identified with parts in the Dynamic Ride Control (DRC) system fitted to first generation RS 6 models. In a number of cases the shock absorbers containing the system’s hydraulic fluid have developed leaks which have adversely affected their performance. The inherent safety of the vehicle has not been compromised.

The DRC fault relates specifically to shock absorber seals in early RS 6 models, and Audi UK is seeking to reassure owners with an enhanced support package for affected cars in the UK. This goodwill support covers applicable cars for up to 6 years or 120,000 miles (whichever comes soonest) from the date of registration, and covers 100% of the cost of parts and labour for any DRC repairs.

This support is conditional upon the vehicle having a full Audi network service history, and on verification that it has been unmodified from the original specification (we regret that we cannot make any concessions for customers who have fitted non-standard suspension components). Customers will also benefit from a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty on any replacement parts fitted.

We apologise unreservedly to customers who have been inconvenienced by this parts fault, but stress that the affected cars remain in the minority in the UK. DRC shock absorbers have been consistently improved since the introduction of the affected RS 6 models. The current replacement parts used are updated and further reinforced for optimum durability. This is in line with the Audi AG policy of continuous development across all areas of its manufacturing, including replacement part

================

However there's some confusion at the moment over what the "enhanced support package" means and just what updated parts will be used. Comparison of part numbers seems to suggest no their no different from those used over the past 6-9 months other than the addition of a protective boot.

Not sure if any of this helps our Latvian friends but it is some progress nonetheless... You can read more (lots) here

Malcolm

Can you please repost the letter?