Thread: The latest from Los Angeles on the DRC sitsiashun...

The latest from Los Angeles on the DRC sitsiashun...

OK, well having been at the same dealer for 20 years has helped..
    So, I just spoke again to my SA asking him what the latest for DRC repairs until the mass recall happens in August.. He says that they now have the new toolkit and that Audi is making new redesigned shocks available to them on a case by case (taking vin #'s) basis.. But... Only if they are leaking and then they have to take pictures and send them in for approval..

So, if your DRC fails before August and your dealer has the new toolkit, you can now get the work done before Aug.. about a 2 week turnaround.. I'm sure this will change as the weeks go by, but thats the latest hot off der weinerschnitzel..

Well,

That is much better than the "pump er up and send er out the door" fix.

Now, what is considered leaking?

4oz of fluid on the floor?

1oz of leftover fluid running down the shock?

Me taking 3oz of mineral oil and squirt can to make the above 1oz look like 4oz?

Blind leading the blind down the yellow brick road. My RS6 rides like a 1980 Lincoln Mkiv. I dont even like to take it out on the weekends. It just makes me mad.

I have been driving my 23yr old Supra Turbo again because it rides like a sports car should and there is no lean in the corners. Oh, and dare I say that my Supra is still faster than the RS6. Hmmm, I may put my big boy turbo back on the Supra.....its got the baby big boy on there now. TO4e Those Texas mile vids looked like fun.

Flame suit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hy Octane View Post
    OK, well having been at the same dealer for 20 years has helped..
    So, I just spoke again to my SA asking him what the latest for DRC repairs until the mass recall happens in August.. He says that they now have the new toolkit and that Audi is making new redesigned shocks available to them on a case by case (taking vin #'s) basis.. But... Only if they are leaking and then they have to take pictures and send them in for approval..

So, if your DRC fails before August and your dealer has the new toolkit, you can now get the work done before Aug.. about a 2 week turnaround.. I'm sure this will change as the weeks go by, but thats the latest hot off der weinerschnitzel..

mine is at scottsdale audi right now getting new drc in. wahooooooooooooooooooo.

Crap! I offered those guys 500 bucks for your shocks. LOL

Hey, LMK how the install goes and what the ride feels like after. Or I may ring ya next time I am up there.

Were going to the Suns game on Fri. Courtside seats...I hope they get in the playoffs....not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    mine is at scottsdale audi right now getting new drc in. wahooooooooooooooooooo.

Well, for me. No leaks, got the "Special Tool" in ohhhhhhhh... and the pressure is good so I wait until August or if there is a new owner by then THEY wait until August.

I was told the only dealer that has the new tool in So Cal was Pacific Audi.