Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loaner?

Loaner?

What type of loaner does your local dealership give you when you bring your RS6 in for service? Im curious because i remember a while back Copper, I think, say he got a S4 convert. That is not what I get. Usually A6 or A4. Just curious.

Carousel gave me PT Cruiser
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I've had A3, A4, A6, A6 avant, Q7 and an S5.

Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    I've had A3, A4, A6, A6 avant, Q7 and an S5.
    I usually get an A4 or 6 but also have had a TT, Q7, and A8 as well. I tend to look at their fleet (as it turns over often) and request a particular car if i need something in particular, and in the case of the Q7 and TT it was a good extended test drive for future purchases.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I've been in twice so far, and both times got an A4. I'm not complaining though, I didn't buy the car new or even from this dealer.

Hey Yellow, I just missed you again at Jim Ellis. Glad I swiped the Q7 before you got it!

They told me your car was there. Mine is still there now.

I usually get a Q7 o A4. Once they gave me an A4 cabby.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Carousel gave me PT Cruiser
    PT Loser? That sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by chairman2300 View Post
    PT Loser? That sucks!
    I've found that the acceleration isn't that bad if I hop out and run along side of it until I reach 35mph or so.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

A4, which is really crappy, A3 which is fun and I'm going to try to convince my service advisor to give me an A5 next time.

I actually requested an A3 many times. Used to have one and still think they're a blast. And you can put a ton of crap in those cars!

A3s are AWESOME. I loved it a whole lot more than the A4s that I've driven.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I've found that the acceleration isn't that bad if I hop out and run along side of it until I reach 35mph or so.
    Fred Flintstone style!

DwD and SAF, those are some pretty strong endorsements of the A3. I might have to check one out.

I loved my old A3. Bought it within a month of their arrival. As strange as it may sound to some, if they ever sent the true S3 over here, I would be first on the wait list.
    Though now that they've finally brought over the new A3 2.0 with quattro and not just fwd, I have seriously thought about getting one to chip (and if I threw in the RS as a trade in, I could have a huge mod budget!).

...waiting for flames...

Hey, whats new. We dont get squat over here.

TTRS looks nice. We cant buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    I loved my old A3. Bought it within a month of their arrival. As strange as it may sound to some, if they ever sent the true S3 over here, I would be first on the wait list.
    Though now that they've finally brought over the new A3 2.0 with quattro and not just fwd, I have seriously thought about getting one to chip (and if I threw in the RS as a trade in, I could have a huge mod budget!).

...waiting for flames...

A3 FWD S-line numerous times (3 different colors). I absolutely love that cars 6-speed autobox. Revs quick and superfast shifts in both directions (faster than the the RS6 even w/the MTM TCU). Also, the 6 gears take better advantage of the relatively small 2.0T power/tq curve.
    Overall, the A3's a little too small for two kids and hauling stuff (our A4 avant is barely up to the task). Also, I would like to try one w/quattro. I kept spinning the wheels from a standing start, and that was with dry pavement! I do have a heavy foot sometimes, though...

if i didn't have a prius as my commuter car, I would totally buy an A3. And ya, it really is too bad that the S3 isn't available in the US, if it were, I'd probably buy it prius be damned. I highly recommend the A3/S3.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    A3 FWD S-line numerous times (3 different colors). I absolutely love that cars 6-speed autobox. Revs quick and superfast shifts in both directions (faster than the the RS6 even w/the MTM TCU). Also, the 6 gears take better advantage of the relatively small 2.0T power/tq curve.
    Overall, the A3's a little too small for two kids and hauling stuff (our A4 avant is barely up to the task). Also, I would like to try one w/quattro. I kept spinning the wheels from a standing start, and that was with dry pavement! I do have a heavy foot sometimes, though...
    Exactly my point. I had (and loved) the small turbo engine in my TT and then the A3 (with DSG), but it was never available with quattro. I have driven the A3 3.2, and while it had more grunt, it didn't have the kind of jump the turbo obviously supplied, which is the response I prefer. And chipping that old 2.0 car with fwd was pointless because of the wheel spin you mention. But now that they've tweaked the engine to power the quattro system, I can work on creating my own

A8 and S4