Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: audi tyre homologation

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear alexo,

the Continental Sport Contact 2 is no longer in production as needed: 255/35 R19 96Y. You can choose the Sport Contact 3, 255/35 R19 96Y XL R01 (RS Spec).

The Sport Contact is a well balanced tire without a weakness, less noise, good lifetime. Same with the Pirelli.

I would not consider Vredestein.

Qisha
    So what you are telling me is the (Hankook v12 evo k110) I just got may not work either. If not then Ill just return them and use the credit on something else. Thats the great thing about being a tire guy.

Dear GEN XER,

as far as OE homoligation is what we are talking about, yes. I can not assure fitting of none OE tires, as they were not tested for clearance.

The only solution for this might be to modify the control arm, to get the needed clearance. Some tuners did this as well to fit wider Wheel combos.

Qisha

Dear GEN XER,

as far as OE homoligation is what we are talking about, yes. I can not assure fitting of none OE tires, as they were not tested for clearance.

The only solution for this might be to modify the control arm, to get the needed clearance. Some tuners did this as well to fit wider Wheel combos.

Qisha
    Ahh I see, said the blind man. Yes we can always do a little modifying to make things fit right. Its only metal right.

Thanks

Dear alexo,

the Continental Sport Contact 2 is no longer in production as needed: 255/35 R19 96Y. You can choose the Sport Contact 3, 255/35 R19 96Y XL R01 (RS Spec).

The Sport Contact is a well balanced tire without a weakness, less noise, good lifetime. Same with the Pirelli.

I would not consider Vredestein.

Qisha
    WHy not vredenstein?
    If I can get hold of both SC2 & sc3, which is better?
    Thanks,

Hi qisha, any reply to my questions? Thanks

Guys the Hankook Ventus v12 evo K110, I put on my car yesterday fit with no issues. I think from the pics of the tires here and the ones I have and the Michelin's the issue is the shoulder of the tire. The Maxx has a high squared shoulder that does not round off where both the Michelin and the Hancock have low shoulders or inside/ outside tread and they round off instead of square off, which is why you see the damage on the side of the shoulder of the tire.