Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TT RS options

TT RS options

Some good and some bad news...

Wheels:
    Only 3 options currently avialable till end of 2009.

PQW 9x19 5-arm Rotor design 255/35-19
    PQU 9x19 5-arm Rotor design Titanium 255/35-19
    PQN 9x20 7-arm RS4 desing, poliert 255/30-20

NO 20" in Titanium look.

PQQ is 280km/h package with Carbon Sigma engine trim.

6FQ is exterior rear view mirrors in Carbon. Same code is valid for R8 as well from KW22.

OP6 is sport exhaust with Black exhaust tips.

Otherwise option list is pretty long and standard equipment is not very big.

Considering how much much expensive the TT/RS is in comparison to the S5 in the UK but it's the opposite in Germany I reckon we here in the UK will get quite a bit of standard equipment in comparison to Europe.

I'm hoping to hear the UK spec and option list soon.
    Search and you will find the truth.

yeap 20" are poliert only. I can live with it

I am surprised they don't offer (at least know) the 19" RS titanium available for the RS4 since few people might be willing to go hardcore with 20"

I think the extra cost for bucket seats is a bit "rich" considering it is free on the RS4.

coming back to options (still waiting for an exhaustive list) can someone tell me more about the external "black package" is it the usual one with black front grill, front spoiler black lip and full black fixed spoiler (including fixation) ?

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Otherwise option list is pretty long and standard equipment is not very big.
    Does it vary from country to country or is this a general concept of Audi for this model?

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaS6 View Post
    Does it vary from country to country or is this a general concept of Audi for this model?
    It will marginally vary from market to market.

Considering that in Germany the TT/RS is cheaper than the S5 but in the UK it dearer by nearly £4k you can see why I believe we in the UK will get a higher specced car as standard.

The thing I will be surprised about is if MagneticRide isn't standard as well as the sports Recaros.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    The thing I will be surprised about is if MagneticRide isn't standard as well as the sports Recaros.
    Unfortunately, even for UK market these items are optional.

@Kreso: just wondering how you'd rate the MR compared to the standard RS-suspension?

So far I've read in all reviews that the normal suspension doesn't even come close to the sportiness of the MR and judging from the full price you have to pay for MR on the RS it seems that the RS suspension is in no way special, otherwise the price difference to the MR would be lower than it is for the other models.

So at the moment I'd assume that MR as well as the RS seats (which were a free option on other RS models) are part of the absolute minimum spec for any RS, except that you'll have to pay extra. Would you agree?

Oh, any idea when the first press cars will ship?

@Kreso: just wondering how you'd rate the MR compared to the standard RS-suspension?

So far I've read in all reviews that the normal suspension doesn't even come close to the sportiness of the MR and judging from the full price you have to pay for MR on the RS it seems that the RS suspension is in no way special, otherwise the price difference to the MR would be lower than it is for the other models.

So at the moment I'd assume that MR as well as the RS seats (which were a free option on other RS models) are part of the absolute minimum spec for any RS, except that you'll have to pay extra. Would you agree?

Oh, any idea when the first press cars will ship?
    Your read all TT RS reviews?? Or you are talking about R8? Regarding R8 V10 comparison read latest EVO. John Barker desribed very nicelly difference between standard Magnetic Ride and optional Sport suspension on R8 V10.

For me problem with TT RS is so called S(Sport) button. It allerts throttle response, exhaust valve and optional Magnetic Ride. You can not choose Sport throttle response with normal mode of Magnetic Ride. Leadie and me already discussed this thing in TT RS technical discussion thread.

Magnetic Ride for TT RS? Yes, if you will drive your car as daily driver.

Your read all TT RS reviews??
    No, but all I read came to a similar, pro-MR conclusion.

John Barker desribed very nicelly difference between standard Magnetic Ride and optional Sport suspension on R8 V10.
    Can you give me a hint as to how the normal suspension manages to be better than the MR? So far I thought the MR could emulate whatever you wanted while the normal suspension can just offer one setting for all occasions. So in my vision of the MR, it'll offer the same as the sports suspension, only that you get other optional modes on top of that.

Magnetic Ride for TT RS? Yes, if you will drive your car as daily driver.
    I'm a bit confused now: when would you want the sport settings for everything except for the suspension?

I'm a bit confused now: when would you want the sport settings for everything except for the suspension?
    If you had roads like ours you'd understand

But if the standard suspension of the RS should be close the MR on the track I reckon it'll be at least as hard as MR would be in sports mode?

But if the standard suspension of the RS should be close the MR on the track I reckon it'll be at least as hard as MR would be in sports mode?
    Example R8 V10: optional Sport suspension is extensively tuned on the Ring, Oschersleben and Hockenheim. So, naturally it is marginally faster on these tracks then Magnetic Ride. In hardness Sport suspension is similar to Magnetic Ride in Sport mode.

Example TT RS: according to internal Audi sale material-the same thing as on R8 V10.

Just-there are different roads all over the world. The RS6 gave you a perfect example, here in Croatia autobahns are new and some are truly awsome in quality. There are many excellent windy(or B) roads as well, speically close to adriatic coast. BUT, some roads are in bad shape. For that roads normal setting on Magnetic Ride is a must.

In the end it is up to personal preference. Some people like haard suspension all the time...

As far as I know the bucket seats were a free option only on RS4 which introduced the seats and for which those seats were made. You have to pay for those seats with RS6, R8, S3 (a bit different seat), TTS and now TTRS.

IMO all RS cars should have buckets as a non-cost option. I think the bucket seats are quite expensive seats, even for audi.
    -JM
    Audi RS4 Avant (B7) - Daytona Grey

The rear wing deletion is also a free option.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Is there any date set when I should expect to see the official release of the missing price lists for europe? Shouldn't the ordering process start 'end of march' according to Audi?

Any info about rear seats removal option with a bar/cargo-net replacement like this.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

TT RS colors:

Ibis White
    Monza Silver Metallic
    Suzuka Grey Metallic
    Daytona Grey Pearl Effect
    Misano Red Pearl Effect
    Sepang Blue Pearl Effect
    Mugello Blue Pearl Effect
    Phantom Black Pearl Effect

Further info for fans of white pearl colors-Inuit Pearl Effect get order Audi code 9K9K so, it can be ordered as Audi Exclusive color via quattro gmbh.

BTW, there WONT be rear seat removal option.