Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to all of the big turbos, do these exist or just talk?

Back to all of the big turbos, do these exist or just talk?

I've seen several companies claim to have something, but not one has released information.

I'm sure everyone on here would like to know what, if any kits are available and what they are capable of. Heck, I want one! lol

Anyone have info?

Thanks!

I'm fitting a set on a customers car in several weeks .I'll post info when there on ..
    www.Unit 20.org
    martin@unit20.org
    Home of all things for the RS6 .....

I'm fitting a set on a customers car in several weeks .I'll post info when there on ..
    This is what kills me! Everyone says in a few weeks lol ( no offense grizz.)

MTM has bigger turbos for the Audi RS6. And this is has been true for years now...

Frederic

If it is true how come no one to date has posted any specs on these kits?

PM me if your serious

lol, you should post data if you're serious! ;D

lol, you should post data if you're serious! ;D

The MTM 568hp kit is using bigger turbos than original...

Frederic

[quote=p3u;155428] Heck, I want one!

quote]

Ones no good to you you fool! you will go round in circles, I should buy two if I were you!

Big Turbines are on my list of things to do. Just waiting for the "right moment". Grizz will be fitting them.......
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

The car is booked in on 16th march , Turbos , 3" down pipes no cats , fuel pump , injectors .Custom-code remap ..
    www.Unit 20.org
    martin@unit20.org
    Home of all things for the RS6 .....

Before there is an useless discussion about who has the biggest turbo on his RS6, I will just remind that if the genuine engine was properly cooled, it will be 20% more powerfull !!!!

Unfortunately, because of the size of the engine bay, the limit of power is not the size of the turbo but the capacity to cool properly the engine...

During the developpment of the Gumpert Apollo at MTM, I have seen with my own eyes 4 digits power on this engine. Not to mention one particular version, which destroyed the Maha Dyno during testing....

Frederic

C5 RS6 with stock turbo's... +- 600hp. Tuned by JD engineering. Runs near 330 on gps if i'm not mistaken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIUIHoCvQho

Mr Balsen is correct!

Another thing that would assist the RS6 make ~600bhp on standard turbos would be E85, will post results as soon as this upgrade is complete.

If you are wondering why E85 would be perfect for the RS6 thie following are the main reasons:

1) Octane is much higher allowing more advance in timing which will negate the effect of the turbos running out of efficency at redline.
    2) The cooling effect of E85 on the intake, cylinder and exhaust gases will give a nice jump in hp also for obvious reasons.
    3) The car can be tuned quiet lean 0.85-0.90 lamba on E85 which will also gain hp.

I look forward to hearing more about that project RS6C5!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Before there is an useless discussion about who has the biggest turbo on his RS6, I will just remind that if the genuine engine was properly cooled, it will be 20% more powerfull !!!!

Unfortunately, because of the size of the engine bay, the limit of power is not the size of the turbo but the capacity to cool properly the engine...

During the developpment of the Gumpert Apollo at MTM, I have seen with my own eyes 4 digits power on this engine. Not to mention one particular version, which destroyed the Maha Dyno during testing....

Frederic
    With that said, what measures have been done to the car you posted briefly about that was faster then a C6 RS6? Are you still going to post the details on it?

C5 RS6 with stock turbo's... +- 600hp. Tuned by JD engineering. Runs near 330 on gps if i'm not mistaken.
    :MTM: That did 0-300 in 35 sec! 0-200 in 14 with a bad start! HUGE improvement over stock. Were can I get more info on this setup?

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    :MTM: That did 0-300 in 35 sec! 0-200 in 14 with a bad start! HUGE improvement over stock. Were can I get more info on this setup?
    even a low 12 on my counting

http://www.jdengineering.nl/

the leading VAG tuner in the Netherlands.