Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TT RS technical discussion thread

Dear SigmaS6,

the fluegas damper is controlled by a vacuum valve. It opens at a specific RPM/Gear combo and can also be altered by using the Sport button.

Qisha

For clarification:

Vacuum Valve

Exhaust Tip

From what I can see, the exhaust tip is separated from the exhaust itself, R8 and Lexus IS-F style. Sorry, but that just doesn't work for me.
    2007 RS4 V8 - best NA car ever owned
    2006 GOLF R32 - 405 hp HGP TURBO - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    From what I can see, the exhaust tip is separated from the exhaust itself, R8 and Lexus IS-F style. Sorry, but that just doesn't work for me.
    Please tell me how else you could place the exhaust tips inside the bumper molding and keep the gap between exhaust and bump small.

There is too much movement in a normal exhaust to not having it hit the bumper and cause a hell of a noise inside the car.
    Search and you will find the truth.

I am not in building cars so I don't know, but I don't like it like this. And I'll tell you why: you have one oval fixed tips, then inside that another oval tip and inside that a round tube. Doesn't that look a little too "busy"?
    And another fact which just came into my mind, and if its true, that will be even worse than the uglyness of the spoiler or tips: if I am correct you only have a vacuum valve into the left exhaust pipe. So, when you are not in S mode, driving arround at 2000-2500 rpm in cold time, you will only smoke from the right exhaust pipe. Now, that in my book is really not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    when you are not in S mode, driving arround at 2000-2500 rpm in cold time, you will only smoke from the right exhaust pipe.
    I must admit that prior to this statement I never thought about how symmetric my emissions would look during winter time to other motorcyclists

Thinking about it, I still find the missing DSG to be more of a show stopper than that.

Currently I think I'll continue to take a close look on what the rumor mill will say about an upcoming DSG version for the RS instead of buying it now. I read some statements that seem to indicate it will never come, but so far I haven't read a killer argument that would redeem my doubts on this.

I simply don't think it can be predicted yet and seeing how much it is requested in this and other forums I'd assume that they are already working on it by now. At least I didn't see any strong signs of denial from Audi/Quattro or those close to it if we extend the planning horizon to more than a few months into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    the fluegas damper is controlled by a vacuum valve. It opens at a specific RPM/Gear combo and can also be altered by using the Sport button.
    But what is the advantage of having it, compared to leaving both paths open all the time, regardless of the rpms?

You are right, when you buy a 70 000 euro cars (extras included) you don't have to pay attention to "minor" details...

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    If you look very closely to TTS aerodynamic meaurments by sport auto it is clear that electric rear spoiler is not doing anything since there is UPLIFT of 42kg at 200km/h at rear end. Front axle is producing 17kg of UPLIFT. TTS is not producing any downforce what so ever.
    Think about it very hard. Fixed spoiler is here to come down and stabile rear end, to reduce UPLIFT effect as much as possible.
    Is there any info as to how much downforce the fixed spoiler will offer?

Also I'm wondering as I don't see any remarks about the fixed version being mandatory in the option list if you order the vmax-package?