Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading some parts on a 70K RS6

Upgrading some parts on a 70K RS6

For my 70K RS6 there are a few things I'd like to replace to get her looking back like new. Any ideas on places other than a dealer or if a dealer, do they carry them? sorry if some seem little/nicky. it's the way i roll.

1) New original steering wheel OR the small "RS6" emblem badge at the bottom of it.

2) Two new billet aluminum sideview mirrors

3) Two new front headlamp lenses. Plastic is pock-marked due to extensive driving in Colorado mts and sand/rock spray.

4) Billet aluminum shift cover.

5) leather shift knob

Thanks for any ideas/recomendations.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by morfun6 View Post
    For my 70K RS6 there are a few things I'd like to replace to get her looking back like new. Any ideas on places other than a dealer or if a dealer, do they carry them? sorry if some seem little/nicky. it's the way i roll.

1) New original steering wheel OR the small "RS6" emblem badge at the bottom of it.

2) Two new billet aluminum sideview mirrors

3) Two new front headlamp lenses. Plastic is pock-marked due to extensive driving in Colorado mts and sand/rock spray.

4) Billet aluminum shift cover.

5) leather shift knob

Thanks for any ideas/recomendations.

Stan
    Stan

My car has 69k on it and the emblem on my steering wheel is shot as well. you could easily repaint it, if you pry it out carefully maybe after heating it with a blow dryer. sand it down with 800 grit wet paper tape it off then spray it with paint from a hobby shop it would look great afterwards, i may be doing it to mine soon.

My shift cover is scratched up as well, i may just take a medium scotch brite pad to it then finish with a fine scotch brite pad. that's how we refinish watch bracelets in my company, it may work fine, you would have to use light pressure. same for the mirrors.

Just an alternative to buying new ones i guess. im going to try it next week.

Good luck.
    HC
    2003 RS6
    2006 M5

President/Designer
    DAHBO Couture
    www.dahbo.com

I painted my emblem with nail polish. Works great and cheap.

precision work!!

Fantastic! And now all i need to know is the right color name!

Quote Originally Posted by kingofnyc22 View Post
    I painted my emblem with nail polish. Works great and cheap.
    Missed a spot at the first bend in the "s." I don't mean to nit-pick, but it would bug me. So now it'll bug you ! Sorry.
    Looks great otherwise (no brush marks)!

That looks great. My girlfriend would kill me though if i used her nail polish . Im going to try mine this week.
    2003 RS6
    2006 M5

President/Designer
    DAHBO Couture
    www.dahbo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    Missed a spot at the first bend in the "s." I don't mean to nit-pick, but it would bug me. So now it'll bug you ! Sorry.
    Looks great otherwise (no brush marks)!

Lol. thanks for pointing that out for me. I guess i need to give it back to my GF so she can do it over.

I'm on my third emblem...gave up as they really do scratch easily...dealer can order them or any of the Audi parts websites. Same with everything else. I get parts through Europrice.us (but those were/are euro parts mainly, but great prices). ECS tuning is another source.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Morfun6, where in colorado are you? Wondering if I've seen you around.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    I'm on my third emblem...gave up as they really do scratch easily...dealer can order them or any of the Audi parts websites. Same with everything else. I get parts through Europrice.us (but those were/are euro parts mainly, but great prices). ECS tuning is another source.

I could probably mill one and cast it with recesses for hardened enamel, that would never scratch off, I will design one and see what happens.
    2003 RS6
    2006 M5

President/Designer
    DAHBO Couture
    www.dahbo.com

Quote Originally Posted by dahbo View Post
    I could probably mill one and cast it with recesses for hardened enamel, that would never scratch off, I will design one and see what happens.
    I would be interested in one say if you happen to get bored and make several : ) lasts pretty well on the RS6 keychains, i'm only on my second of those in 3 1/2 years.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

ya, depending on cost, i could be interested in one or two, bastards at audi never gave me a keychain when i bought the car

After i design a necklace today i will tinker and render a emblem, it would be cheapest to cast in Silver but i can cast Titanium as well, lol weight savings 1/2 gram....I will design it for fun and render it on my computer and post a pic...

HC
    2003 RS6
    2006 M5

President/Designer
    DAHBO Couture
    www.dahbo.com

This is a quick design and render of a steering wheel emblem done in CAD. it would be milled from this file then cast then polished then filled with Enamel. the enamel is ceramic based and does not fade or scratch. just for fun. i may mill one next week.

Hanna

2003 RS6
    2006 M5

President/Designer
    DAHBO Couture
    www.dahbo.com

[quote=dahbo;155115]This is a quick design and render of a steering wheel emblem done in CAD. it would be milled from this file then cast then polished then filled with Enamel. the enamel is ceramic based and does not fade or scratch. just for fun. i may mill one next week.

Hanna

You do that...and I bet that you'll sell at least one to damn near every member on this board! I'll be customer #1
    2003 Audi RS6- Pearl Black Effect
    Eurocharged ECU/MTM TCU, Hyperboost DV, RSN-E/BT/XM, K&N, EBC-RED

[QUOTE=Holiday;155224]
    Quote Originally Posted by dahbo View Post
    This is a quick design and render of a steering wheel emblem done in CAD. it would be milled from this file then cast then polished then filled with Enamel. the enamel is ceramic based and does not fade or scratch. just for fun. i may mill one next week.

Hanna

You do that...and I bet that you'll sell at least one to damn near every member on this board! I'll be customer #1

Number 2.

Get the two posts on the back milled correctly and between here and audiworld a bunch could be sold.

Ill check out the posts. they shouldn't be a problem. I actually am starting a subsidiary of my Jewelery design house for only car interiors, Bling mostly....ill post some pics, i just don't want the Admins to think im soliciting....

I was supposed to release the line at SEMA last year but the economy and family issues stopped me.
    2003 RS6
    2006 M5

President/Designer
    DAHBO Couture
    www.dahbo.com