Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RS6 Front Caliper Emblems

repainted them by hand to look stock. Will take a picture and post. REally look great.

Quote Originally Posted by morfun6 View Post
    repainted them by hand to look stock. Will take a picture and post. REally look great.
    How did you repaint them? Powder coated? or what?
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by morfun6 View Post
    They repainted the calipers and emblems? Or did they apply new decals over the paint?

We refurbish a lot of Brembo calipers and our normal prodcedure is (I am skipping the stripping them down part) paint, apply high temp decal (emblems) and then high temp laquer for a perfect finish.

This was a brand new (at the time) 997 turbo we did for a customer who wanted the ceramic look without the ceramic parts.

Using the right paint and material for the emblem is obviously critical

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL01 View Post
    I found a source for quality front caliper stickers (mine are well faded) from a guy in Newcastle, UK. They cost 7.99 pounds for 5 plus 3.00 pounds for shipping to the United States. He also has RS4 and RS8 variants. The EBAY item number is 160295965403.
    Mike
    I just received mine. They are:
    1) Larger than the original decals by about 15%
    2) White, not silver
    3) Read "/RS6" instead of "/RS" (although scissors will cure this easily enough)

Were yours like this, or were they like the originals?
    I probably won't be putting these on my car. My original brake decals aren't that bad yet, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    I have seen the paint discolor on the stock rims due to buildup during lapping and my own Alcon calipers are no longer the pristine silver they were when new but now have a very pimp gold hue; there is plenty of heat being transfered up there. But then these things will only manifest themselves if one actually drives the car
    I'm guessing they would last about three laps with my style of driving/braking (late, hard, and trail braking)...or 2 weeks of me driving to work.

Fritz has a nice set of gold wheels after a track day. Seemed to be related to the aftermarket pad used as well as hasn't happened to his other set.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Waste of money imo
    C5 RS6 Avant | Ebony Black | Black Leather | Carbon In-lays | Solar Roof | OEM Graphite 19" | Vredesteins 255/35/19 | Privacy | Milltek Non-Res | Black Optics | Stage 1+ | Plus Brakes | Alpine Multi-Media Interface | Navigation | Bluetooth | DVD | iPod Video | 710N

Quote Originally Posted by Golffather View Post
    Waste of money imo
    I disagree with you, I was thinking the same also, but I decide to give it a try. I put them 10 days ago and I do drive hard sometimes and I believe the calipers got some high temp. sometimes and I still can see no difference in colors till today. They are really good. lets monitor it for next couple of weeks and see. Here are some photos for them

"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

looks great imo

I'm going to put mine on this weekend after I touch up the calipers with high temp paint. I may coat the decals with high temp clear. I hope it works out well.
    All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best- Occam's Razor

I may have been wrong!

Vangelis - they look superb. Having seen yours I've ordered a pair of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200302639714

I'll post some pics once applied.
    C5 RS6 Avant | Ebony Black | Black Leather | Carbon In-lays | Solar Roof | OEM Graphite 19" | Vredesteins 255/35/19 | Privacy | Milltek Non-Res | Black Optics | Stage 1+ | Plus Brakes | Alpine Multi-Media Interface | Navigation | Bluetooth | DVD | iPod Video | 710N

I just ordered a set as well.

LOL, should have sorted out a group buy

serious, i'm thinking about it now too! What's the process to apply the sticker?

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    serious, i'm thinking about it now too! What's the process to apply the sticker?
    They're vinyl so I assume peel back and apply.

I had an email from the seller stating they are resistant to heat and weather.....for how long is anyones guess.

Yes, just peel and apply like 3M tape.

Hey Vangelis,

How much did those MTM wheels set you back? I'm assuming 19"?

Send me a PM if you don't want to post the price in this thread.

Thanks!

So far so good. I cleaned the calipers, re-painted them with high heat paint, applied the decals and coated them with clear high heat caliper paint to protect them from brake dust and routine cleaning. 400 street and spirited driven miles and two pressure washes-no issues. Cool.
    All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best- Occam's Razor