Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EBC Red front and rear brake pads for less than 175 dollars

EBC Red front and rear brake pads for less than 175 dollars

That is not a typo.

I just used the special link to get the "old" prices and then applied a discount code of "presidentsday09" to the old prices and just got another 15% off the brakes.

I ordered another set of Red pads....front and rear shipped for $173 dollars.

http://performance.thepartsbin.com/b...=708&year=2003

Who loves ya baby! Its getting cheaper and cheaper to maintain the RS6.

Good to know, I'll get a set or two
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

I'd like to get two sets at that price, but I can't as they don't ship to Canada. Anyone able to purchase the sets for me if I wire them the funds and then mail them via USPS?

Tim
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Thanks, I just picked up a set for $188 using "tpb02" as a coupon code
    St Augustine, FL
    03 RS6
    07 GTI
    88 16v Cabby

Well, I have about 14,000 miles on my ebc redstuff's now and they are at about 30%, and I drive pretty hard. So it would appear that they last a bit longer than the oem pads. I just ordered another set before my cross country trip to Arizona. For the record, the link is still good, but because of time constraints I called and ordered a set for full price which is now about $280 just so I could confirm that they actually had a set in stock. Not to worry though, I also ordered a set with the old link and I'll just return the extra set when it arrives and get a refund for the higher price.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

At 30% on EBC reds....it would be nice to see the condition of the pads.

How do the rotor surfaces look? Grooves or valleys?

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Well, I have about 14,000 miles on my ebc redstuff's now and they are at about 30%, and I drive pretty hard. So it would appear that they last a bit longer than the oem pads. I just ordered another set before my cross country trip to Arizona. For the record, the link is still good, but because of time constraints I called and ordered a set for full price which is now about $280 just so I could confirm that they actually had a set in stock. Not to worry though, I also ordered a set with the old link and I'll just return the extra set when it arrives and get a refund for the higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    At 30% on EBC reds....it would be nice to see the condition of the pads.

How do the rotor surfaces look? Grooves or valleys?
    Nope, the rotors look like glass yet. My fronts were right on the edge of spec when I installed the pads, so it's time to throw my new rotors on anyways. Ideally I'd like to just leave them until they're worn out, but if we get into any hard runs I'll burn up the remainder of my pads pretty quick. On the bright side, my old rotors are going to make a great wall hangings in the garage. These things are a work of art.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Pat,

If you want to burn up a set before you put on new rotors....I have a set of fronts that are broke in with less than 1000 miles on them.

Save the new set for the new rotors.

Good info to know...the EBC Reds do not groove the rotors. IMHO there is no reason to run anything else. Now add this part that the pads dont groove the rotors.

No brainer.

Nope, the rotors look like glass yet. My fronts were right on the edge of spec when I installed the pads, so it's time to throw my new rotors on anyways. Ideally I'd like to just leave them until they're worn out, but if we get into any hard runs I'll burn up the remainder of my pads pretty quick. On the bright side, my old rotors are going to make a great wall hangings in the garage. These things are a work of art.

Pat,

If you want to burn up a set before you put on new rotors....I have a set of fronts that are broke in with less than 1000 miles on them.

Save the new set for the new rotors.

Good info to know...the EBC Reds do not groove the rotors. IMHO there is no reason to run anything else. Now add this part that the pads dont groove the rotors.

No brainer.
    I'm thinking maybe I'll just drive down with my current setup and throw my new rotors and pads in the trunk and assess the situation when I get down there. I can always throw the new rotors and pads on while the cars up in the air. I can't stand the thought of discarding 30% of my brake pads.

Yep, we can measure the rotors and pull the pads off to have a look. 15 minutes topps.

I'm thinking maybe I'll just drive down with my current setup and throw my new rotors and pads in the trunk and assess the situation when I get down there. I can always throw the new rotors and pads on while the cars up in the air. I can't stand the thought of discarding 30% of my brake pads.

Yep, we can measure the rotors and pull the pads off to have a look. 15 minutes topps.
    Sounds good, It'll be a good testimony for the EBC pads. By that time I'll be at about 18k miles on these pads. I don't think the oem Pagids were good for over 10k. I'm no percy milk toes either.

I use these. Centric Posi Quiets. The stop-techs are new.

I looked at the pads while the car was apart. They had very low wear and the rotors have little to no damage.

http://www.zeckhausen.com/Audi/RS6.htm

I threw on my new front rotors this afternoon, here are my EBC Redstuff's with 18,000 miles on them. Not bad, actually, there was no reason to replace the rears.

I think we can close the book on the EBC Red pads.

Perfect

And the braking performance is excellent.

No brainer. Glad I have 2 extra sets sitting here.

I've had them on the back and my only complaint is that I didn't start using them about 100K miles ago.
    210K miles rolled

It's time for pads all around and front rotors. Anyone have a good source for the rotors?
    Topcat_92

genuinevwaudiparts.com

the front rotors are about 280ea. dont worry about the checkout shipping cost..they will adjust it to true shipping when they go out.

You will have to search the site for the audi part numbers and plug them in because the above site does not list rs6. got to run

Try these PNs for Fronts:

4B3-615-301-E BRAKE DISC
    4B3-615-302-A BRAKE DISC
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver