Thread: 2010 Hybride VW Touareg V6 TSI. (Audi V6 Supercharged engine)

2010 Hybride VW Touareg V6 TSI. (Audi V6 Supercharged engine)

BlueMotionTechnologies bundles Volkswagen’s best environmental technologies of today to fulfill the automotive aspirations of tomorrow.
    These are developments such as the new start-stop system and energy recovery by regenerative braking, electric drives and hybrid systems as well as clever drive systems like the one in the new TSI EcoFuel.
    To the point: its aim is no less than to bring the cleanest and most economical cars to the streets.

Today, BlueMotionTechnologies are already being launched on the market in three extremely fuel efficient and clean Passat versions: Blue Motion with fuel consumption under 5 liters, EU-6 conformance in the BlueTDI, and the TSI EcoFuel that emits just 119 g/km CO2.

Because the future of the automobile – and Blue*MotionTechnologies as well – offers more than just one answer, in parallel Volkswagen is presenting a prototype of the future Touareg V6 TSI Hybrid (333 PS / under 9.0 l/100 km).
    This car will enter production in 2010 as the world’s first hybrid SUV to have 3.5 metric ton towing capacity.
    Volkswagen is introducing one of the highest performance parallel hybrid systems in the world in this SUV.
    The German carmaker is utilizing a high-tech alliance of a V6 TSI (245 kW) boosted by supercharger and an electric motor (38 kW).
    Up to a speed of 50 km/h, the Touareg V6 TSI Hybrid can be driven by just the electric motor.
    In this case, no emissions are generated.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

This comes ''out of no where'', while we were expecting cayenne, Q7, Q5..., VW did it first.

Looking from this point, it seems to be the best hybrid on the market.

This also mean IMHO that the VR6 engine days are numbered.
    The new transverse VW's don't get 3.2 VR6 engines anymore.
    The Audi Q7 is already plannet to get the 3.0TFSI V6 Supercharged engine over the 3.6 VR6 engine.
    VW don't use the 3.6 VR6 for there Touareg hybrid.
    And it will be a matter of time IMHO when Porche will change to something else for the 3.6 VR6.
    That leave the US Passat with the 280 hp 3.6 VR6, the Passat R36 with the 300 hp version of that and the Audi TT and A3 with the 3.2 VR6.
    I see the end of the TT 3.2 when the TT RS is on the market and the next gen A3 will move on to the R5T instead of the VR6 IMHO.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Well, I love VR6..., its been here since 1991, and it was quite an engine... Unfortunately, nothing can last forever. I wonder what will Porsche use for its base Cayenne.

I've seem this thing already... ok, it was in Porsche clothes, but all in all the same.

nice thing.

In a statement during the annuary general meeting in Stuttgart Porsche CEO Wideking said, Cayenne Hybrid is for sale in this decade. Guess it's for sale starting with the introduction of the new Cayenne late '09 early '10...
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote Originally Posted by itisme View Post
    I've seem this thing already... ok, it was in Porsche clothes, but all in all the same.

nice thing.

In a statement during the annuary general meeting in Stuttgart Porsche CEO Wideking said, Cayenne Hybrid is for sale in this decade. Guess it's for sale starting with the introduction of the new Cayenne late '09 early '10...
    I've to admit, that it might not have been the Audi V6...
    Vorsprung durch Technik