Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hood Vent Template and instructions

I can post pictures if necessary but I don't have the exact measurements of the slots nor do I know how Headshot's fabricators made/set the vents. He did go so far as to include a water drain to keep rain and water during a wash out of the engine.
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    I can post pictures if necessary but I don't have the exact measurements of the slots nor do I know how Headshot's fabricators made/set the vents. He did go so far as to include a water drain to keep rain and water during a wash out of the engine.
    I would like to see this as I don't have that information....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    Please do so.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I would like to see this as I don't have that information....
    Ben did you get my PM? Please let us have powerpoint you have. I can publish it for everyone.

THANK YOU!
    Peace All

Marcin
    RS6 Avant Daytona Grey - MTM stage 2 - 508HP/700Nm

.......... ?
    RS6-03: Milltek, ModTurbos, WagnerIC, Mtm 380, PSS9, Rs6 9,5x21", OZ 10x19", Hotchkis...
    RS2-94: Stroker 2,5L, Precision, CatCam, JE, Tial, Nira, H&R, MTM 8,5x18"...

Quote Originally Posted by TaTaPiRaTa View Post
    Hi!

Please do so.

Ben did you get my PM? Please let us have powerpoint you have. I can publish it for everyone.

THANK YOU!
    Yes, I have to locate the powerpoint again...
    I have no way of digitizing the physical templates other than taking a photo and having a ruler or something for reference.
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Looks great, good winter modd but i need more info please...
    RS6-03: Milltek, ModTurbos, WagnerIC, Mtm 380, PSS9, Rs6 9,5x21", OZ 10x19", Hotchkis...

I am pretty sure I have the full size templates for this. I will check and get back to you. Never went forward with the modification, but it sure looks great.

Stephen

I have it also but no way to digitize the full size template to send anyone.
    I also have the powerpoint information but I have moved TWICE in six months (second time as of Nov 1st 2012) so I have sort thru all my stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I have it also but no way to digitize the full size template to send anyone.
    I also have the powerpoint information but I have moved TWICE in six months (second time as of Nov 1st 2012) so I have sort thru all my stuff...
    Yes Ben promised it twice already and never delivered. So anyone having that templates pls let me have it as well. Thank you!
    Peace All

Marcin
    RS6 Avant Daytona Grey - MTM stage 2 - 508HP/700Nm

Anyone that would like the powerpoint information created by Headshot, please PM me here and INCLUDE your email address.
    The PPD is 4M.

Think i will do them like this instead...

^I like this look best- I don't have a clue which one is the most efficient.
    210K miles rolled

I'm curious though, what do you cover the vents with when you wash your car? Ducttape? :P
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    I'm curious though, what do you cover the vents with when you wash your car? Ducttape? :P

Never washed the engine compartment of a car???

I have Smiler, I just noticed a post here saying that one should cover them up when washing the car.
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

Headshot built in drainage trough that leads to a pipe which allows the water to drain to the wheel wells (see pictures above). I've had the car a year now and with all my washes (weekly) there's never been an issue.