Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No RS5 in 2009 Detroit Auto Show((!

No RS5 in 2009 Detroit Auto Show((!

I may b missing something but the article does not say anything about the RS5 not being there.

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    A7 Concept introduction.
    The time has come for this model.

I think Detroit would be a bit earlier for the RS5. You have to remember that this is not a new model, only a RS version of one and as such would probably only be shown 6 months before launch, in fact the TT/RS hasn't been shown and it's due summer/autumn'09.
    Search and you will find the truth.

can't go by auto shows any more to presume a debut. debuts are now taking place at any given time over the internet- witness the A5/S5 cabriolet and the R8 V10, two very big models for audi.

if that is anything to go by it is possible only a concept would be shown for the first time anywhere on the auto show circuit, with actual production models being shown on the internet first.

that being said, i agree 100% that the TT RS is ready to go. the RS5 perhaps not quite yet since the first actual ring testing vids just showed on the internet recently. recalling the RS5 and the TTS 3-4 more months passed before those cars were actually introduced.

as a result, i think the TT-RS will be the next production model to be introduced- perhaps in geneva. the A7 concept will likely be shown in geneva (march) or new york (april). the R8 roadster will probably debut on the internet, the RS5 as well. for sure- the TT-RS, RS5, and A7 concept need to be shown before frankfurt. something big is going to be shown there.

as far as detroit- nothing will be shown there that we haven't seen on the web already. sucks.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

RXBG, seems logical.
    IMHO, TT-RS is the nearest model to be introduced and it will be one hell of a car.
    BTW - why don't you think of A7 possibility in Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    RXBG, seems logical.
    IMHO, TT-RS is the nearest model to be introduced and it will be one hell of a car.
    BTW - why don't you think of A7 possibility in Detroit?
    we would have heard from somewhere re: a surpise detroit intro- usually during press days. detroit is done.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

According to Autocar they have the RS5 launch date down as Dec'09, with the TT/RS due in July'09. Is it possible for Quattro GmbH to launch two totally different models within six months of each other?

of course the rs5 will not be released at Detroit, as per the TTRS it was spied months prior to its pending release testing in Europe and looking like the final creation. The RS5 is not even upto this stage of development so it will be at least a year away

Seems like WCF (and many of YOU!) were wrong!

Unless, of course, that actually ISN'T the RS5 (which I doubt very much), in which case I apologize in advance.

Edit: actually I think this deserves its own thread
    Last edited by crespo; January 11th, 2009 at 06:47.

I don't for sure but I just don't why it should be the RS5. The usually use of showing a concept is to point the way forward for a totally new model, like the A7 or possibly the new A5 hatchback.

I reckon it's one of either those two.

now that the A7 concept is out (and prod car 1 yr away) the next new audi will be the TT-RS (geneva- in 8 weeks) and then the R8 roadster- maybe in new york- april...

i suspect the big news after that will be the new A8 in frankfurt and perhaps the RS5 then...
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I kind of like to be a contrarian: I think the next RS out is RS5 - not TT RS. Why? S5 was introduced in February 2007 whilst TTS was first presented in January 2008. Both have been winter, heat and Ring tested. Hence, RS5 for Geneva 2009 and TTRS for IAA 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by crespo View Post
    Seems like WCF (and many of YOU!) were wrong!

Unless, of course, that actually ISN'T the RS5 (which I doubt very much), in which case I apologize in advance.

Edit: actually I think this deserves its own thread
    so when is this thing gonna be showed? i think its the S4
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Yes, it was the S4.

So I guess *I* was wrong

and tvrfan, there's no need for you to bold your posts. it's close to sounding like you're screaming (NOT QUITE CAPS BUT GETTING THERE)