Thread: Just removed interior wood trim to be refinished in Piano, any have this interior?

Just removed interior wood trim to be refinished in Piano, any have this interior?

I have searched on every forum with no luck, does anyone have an RS6 ( preferably C5) with Piano trim? Hard to imagine me being the first.

Once I get the trim back and installed I will post some pics, or if anyone has piano please feel free to post pics as well!

Thanks!

piano trim?

Yeah, black piano trim. I've seen it on the RS4 but not on an RS6, other then just the shift bezel.

I've carbon fiber trim,, but I have seen the black piano trim at one of my friends car here. I don't think i will meet him soon,, if i did will get some photos and post it to u,, but what r u looking for? the photos or the trim itself?
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

Just a picture of the car with the trim installed.

If no pics I will just have to wait a few days to see it first hand!

Side question...

How hard was it to remove all the wood trim? Can you post the process? Pics

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    I have searched on every forum with no luck, does anyone have an RS6 ( preferably C5) with Piano trim? Hard to imagine me being the first.

Once I get the trim back and installed I will post some pics, or if anyone has piano please feel free to post pics as well!

Thanks!

i think the trim on the door and the dash just pop off. they're held on with a shaped pin (trim side) into a clip with a recesed locking mech.

the one around the shift bezel and the center console area require more work.

i remember removing my trim around the shifter by removing the radio/climate control unit/ash tray/ and then poping up and out that trim. haven't removed the trim under the arm rest, so no idea exactly how to do that.
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Have a look at this OLD thread, no piano but you get the idea.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....nterior+misano

March 17th, 2004..., we've been around for a while.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

DHall1,

Trim removal was very easy, literally just pop off the trim in all places! There is one exception to this, on the e brake handle and surrounding trim requires removal of the armrest, which is very easy as well.

Here is a link on Audiworld I used to guide my removal.

http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/792870.phtml

NOTE!!!! Avoid the instruction on removing e brake cover, as it does not contain the proper information, as I found out the hard way by damaging the trim on this piece. I had the tech at the shop I went to remove it, it seemed difficult.

Erik, thanks for the picture, very nice! Almost wish I did white now!

Now we are talking. I know that JBTexas was looking long and hard for this information a few weeks ago.

Thank you.

My RS6 is fine but I know if I ever get a Allroad to modify or another RS6..this process may be needed.

Mine has the carbon fiber and is perfect.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    DHall1,

Trim removal was very easy, literally just pop off the trim in all places! There is one exception to this, on the e brake handle and surrounding trim requires removal of the armrest, which is very easy as well.

Here is a link on Audiworld I used to guide my removal.

http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/792870.phtml

NOTE!!!! Avoid the instruction on removing e brake cover, as it does not contain the proper information, as I found out the hard way by damaging the trim on this piece. I had the tech at the shop I went to remove it, it seemed difficult.

Erik, thanks for the picture, very nice! Almost wish I did white now!