Thread: DRC Class action lawsuit. 1-1-09 current thread

DRC Class action lawsuit. 1-1-09 current thread

Ok everyone,

Finally Audi has pissed off a legal expert among us.

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/44047.phtml

Bring on the new year. Lets put the screws to some suits.

let's do it

I'm interested...

I think the first course of action should be to obtain under public disclosure rules the DOT/NHTSA investigation findings into the DRC complaints. AFAIK, they've done nothing and gone nowhere with it, which IS disappointing given the sheer numbers of DRC failures.

However, I saw the posts at AW, and I am glad this was x-posted.

BTW, my attorney does a fair bit of lemon law work. It's going to be an uphill and long battle.

CW

I think many owners wish to cause some pain and suffering the other way around and are tired of getting shoddy workmanship and the screws put to them.

I would also be in that camp.

So much was made of the DRC system and how wonderful it was and how it integrated with the whole car and road. Its a dangerous system and the dealers dont know how to fix it. This adds to the danger.

Quote Originally Posted by CornersWell View Post
    I'm interested...

I think the first course of action should be to obtain under public disclosure rules the DOT/NHTSA investigation findings into the DRC complaints. AFAIK, they've done nothing and gone nowhere with it, which IS disappointing given the sheer numbers of DRC failures.

However, I saw the posts at AW, and I am glad this was x-posted.

BTW, my attorney does a fair bit of lemon law work. It's going to be an uphill and long battle.

CW

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I think many owners wish to cause some pain and suffering the other way around and are tired of getting shoddy workmanship and the screws put to them.

I would also be in that camp.

So much was made of the DRC system and how wonderful it was and how it integrated with the whole car and road. Its a dangerous system and the dealers dont know how to fix it. This adds to the danger.
    I certainly think Audi has treated RS6 (and now RS4) owners poorly. The product simply wasn't/isn't reliable. And, given that the RS6 was the highest priced Audi ever sold here in the US (their "flagship" product), it's inexcusable to mistreat the buyers. It's also foolish. These buyers can purchase anything (for the most part). They won't be back if this is how Audi treats them. And, they're likely used to high-end service and strong warranty coverage. Audi's abandonment is shockingly shortsighted.

Furthermore, how Audi has escaped a recall is beyond me.

The problem is, though: what's the solution? Many owners have given up on DRC and gone aftermarket. So, the solution for them would be different than for those of us who still have it. Personally, I am not out a penny with the DRC as my dealer replaced it under CPO. When informed by Audi that the DRC replacement wasn't covered by CPO, they opted to eat the cost rather than try to come back to me for it. I will continue to give the dealer my business because of it. BUT, I am extraordinarily ticked at Audi, and won't likely purchase another Audi product from them (but they do carry Porsche and MB and Aston and a few others). Audi's loss. That is, unless they get their act together.

Grudges often don't go anywhere and cost a lot. They feel good, though, and I understand the emotions and sentiments. However, if there's no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow, it's a fool's errand. I'm not saying it's not worth pursuing. Audi should be held accountable for their products. And, this after their unintended acceleration problems from the '80s have finally been put to bed! While I've never felt a de-pressurized DRC system is "dangerous" per se, I can see how it can be if the right conditions exist. Anyway, I'm all for a class action if the DOT/NHTSA isn't going to pursue a recall. I have already emailed Iacovelli my information.

CW