Thread: Can anyone post pics of of the battery installed in the spare tire area (RS6 Avant)

Can anyone post pics of of the battery installed in the spare tire area (RS6 Avant)

I'm getting ready for a major project converting a 2002 S6 to a 6 speed with RS6 biturbo motor.

I have learned that the RS6 Avant has the battery located in the spare tire well. Since there are no examples of RS6 Avants in the US (at least ones that I know of), I'm hoping that some folks from across the pond can snap some pictures??

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT2315.jpg 
Views:	3370 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	7429  

SteveKen - please keep us updated
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Thanks 'steve'.

This is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'll keep you all posted with my progress.

Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post

Good luck!

I would check with MTM as well, I think they did the opposite.

RS6 with S6 biturbo and manual.

Erik, are you saying the ClubSport had a S6 motor?
    Can someone also post a pic of a Saloon/Sedan battery compartment?
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by snoopra View Post
    Erik, are you saying the ClubSport had a S6 motor?
    Search and you might find. Or ask Mr. Balsen.

Apparently it was easier to do biturbo + S6 engine + manual, than to do RS6 engine + manual, from my memory so might be wrong.

Something about the engine block not mating to the manual trans.

And the crankshaft is not for a manual. You will never get a pilot shaft into the RS6 crank.

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Search and you might find. Or ask Mr. Balsen.

Apparently it was easier to do biturbo + S6 engine + manual, than to do RS6 engine + manual, from my memory so might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Something about the engine block not mating to the manual trans.

And the crankshaft is not for a manual. You will never get a pilot shaft into the RS6 crank.

Sorry
    This was one thing that I didn't find in my research. However, today, I did see the difference first hand with a 1.8T crank. Someone had a manual engine and an automatic engine and the rear flanges of the cranks were different.

If clever machine work to the crank flange or input shaft of the 01E can't be done, then I'll have to study the cons of using my S6 crank and block with the other RS6 internals, etc.

Thus far, everything has all been theoretical for me. I'm still awaiting delivery for my RS6 engine and should have it by mid January. Then I'll be able to see the 01E and rear of the RS6 engine in reality (no more theories) and then begin the head scratching.

I'll be posting pics if any are interested.

Yes, pics please.

I am a big S6 Avant fan. And wished I could get my hands on a RS6 Avant for a second vehicle.

That all said, I have even wondered about a Stage 3 Allroad as a fix for my Avant needs. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    This was one thing that I didn't find in my research. However, today, I did see the difference first hand with a 1.8T crank. Someone had a manual engine and an automatic engine and the rear flanges of the cranks were different.

If clever machine work to the crank flange or input shaft of the 01E can't be done, then I'll have to study the cons of using my S6 crank and block with the other RS6 internals, etc.

Thus far, everything has all been theoretical for me. I'm still awaiting delivery for my RS6 engine and should have it by mid January. Then I'll be able to see the 01E and rear of the RS6 engine in reality (no more theories) and then begin the head scratching.

I'll be posting pics if any are interested.