Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when buying the BEAST

when buying the BEAST

have you guys ever had any probs when buying the new RS6?

Yeah, my bank accounts aren't cooperating
    Get out and drive

just to say these stealers are taking the p*ss...giving me some rubbish dunlop tyres on a RS6!! it makes me want to shout...

Quote Originally Posted by LU-RS6 View Post
    Yeah, my bank accounts aren't cooperating
    being in Suisse .....should this not benefit u?

Hi Not sure what they gave you but my new RS6 C6 was shod with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx, was supprised on delivery.

http://www.dunloptires.com/dunlop/di...900000&zipCode=

11,000 km so far, so life time not clear, but very happy with both dry / wet grip, precision & road noise

P.S. These might help you check them out

http://www.reviewcentre.com/fi452-brand-Dunlop.html
    http://www.ctyres.co.uk/tyres/dunlop.php
    http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/tyretest/dunlop.asp

thanks for sharing that info....
    I still do not believe I will get the best performance with those tyres...
    on UK roads...

11000km..not bad going there!

did u get any extras when u bought ur car?
    I just find the service here in UK is so depressing

H Liwi

Not had to much tyre experiance, on the C5 I had Michelin Pilot Sport, & was happy with them. Quite sticky, went through several sets, although obtained low milage per set, very heavy on wear on the front, scrubed edges off (Avant)

Will be interesting to see how the Dunlop do on the C6, but as I said so far so good.

What type of Dunlop did they fit ?
    What would be your preference ?

As for the purchasing experiance, I have to say I was also some what dissapointed, with the process, car was almost fully loaded, usless stuff left off - TV, lane assist, adaptive cruse control, otherwise loaded. They were not poactive, updates had to be chased, English Manual delivered 5 weeks after the beast

No extras, or trivia, even had to buy the Ipod cable, not even a 1/4 of a tank of gas

As for the 11,000 km you will find driving it addictive, just can't stop, that is till the cash runs out

Bit of history 4 u :-
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16012
    Last edited by Trebor; August 27th, 2008 at 15:42.

Your colour is absolutely worth the £2600 Mr Trebor.

They have fitted the same Dunlop as you...
    I have heard Toyo do some good ones...

Feel the same when purchasing this car as well, as you say, they were not proactive...at one point had to phon up the R8/RS6 sales manager from Audi UK!

Would not even dream of getting a keyring even when getting the car on Monday!!

I've had Toyo Proxes and I liked them fine. Currently have Bridgestone RE-050A which are also very good. But I think the overall winner around these parts is the Michelin PS2..

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    I've had Toyo Proxes and I liked them fine. Currently have Bridgestone RE-050A which are also very good. But I think the overall winner around these parts is the Michelin PS2..
    Yes thank you Mr DuckWingDuck,
    Toyo Proxes I heard was fine too...

glad to be of help

aarrrgghhhh, just got a call from Audi today saying, while checking things out last weekend I could not see my option for power door closing, and it was now confirmed the factory messed this up!
    So now 100kg lighter and unbelievable they will find out why this option was not put on....

well what can I say...

NOT HAPPY!!

I believe the whole AUDI UK know me by now...but if a german were to buy this car everything would have to be spic and span...

Now wondering what AUDI could possibly offer ME.

IS this only happening to me?

Quote Originally Posted by liwi View Post
    aarrrgghhhh, just got a call from Audi today saying, while checking things out last weekend I could not see my option for power door closing, and it was now confirmed the factory messed this up!
    So now 100kg lighter and unbelievable they will find out why this option was not put on....

well what can I say...

NOT HAPPY!!

I believe the whole AUDI UK know me by now...but if a german were to buy this car everything would have to be spic and span...

Feel your pain
    Hang in there, when you get it all that history will melt away

well what can I say...

NOT HAPPY!!

What's power door closing? And does it weigh 100kg? Or am I totaly not getting you?

MB
    What is an Audi without quattro?

just to say these stealers are taking the p*ss...giving me some rubbish dunlop tyres on a RS6!! it makes me want to shout...

Last input on tyres
    Site below is a good source on info & real people feed back
    http://www.1010tires.com/tirebrand.asp?brand=Michelin

liwi, looks like the PS2 have it over Dunlop maxx but not by much

Quote Originally Posted by Michaël Barbé View Post
    What's power door closing? And does it weigh 100kg? Or am I totaly not getting you?

MB
    Hello Michael

power door closing=
    - Electrically opereted power doors with soft-close features

Apparantly they said this weighs around 100kg... so yes you are right

Trebor ,

your are an absolut star..thanks for all your advice..

Having just picked up my own RS 6 (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16454), I guess I'm now in a position to comment about the whole buying experience...

Given I ordered my car last September, there was very little communication from Audi (both the Dealer and UK office) in general. I remember having to call Audi UK to get some information around some of the options (and finding out that items like the Black Optics and Sports Exhaust were not going to be available).

The local dealer were helpful, but not very proactive. I had to call them to get updates, rather than the other way around. Also - the original delivery date (Oct/Nov 08) was totally inaccurate (car was delivered to them late-August) - and I only found this out when calling the dealer for an update! Obviously, for such an expensive car, moving large funds around to get a deposit ready is not an easy job.

Delivery experience was so-so - car was delivered about two hours late (I agreed to meet the dealer for a 10am pick up - it was nearly noon before the car was wheeled into the showroom), and it was obvious that there was a rush-job to prepare the car (the sales-guy had to wipe down parts of the car that were missed during preparation).

Having said all that, all the options specified were built into the car, and I got the expected Pirelli tyres (Pirelli PZero 275/35 ZR20 102Y - to avoid any ambiguity).

All-in-all, a so-so buying experience. But... the car makes it all worthwhile!