Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Gen A8.

There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Still don't get it, why Audi has got only silver test A8

Darker colours suite the new A8 so much better. Even white looks better than silver
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

it's got a sad face, that's why I don't like it on pictures....

nad the wheelarches are too huge... even big wheels look small
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Audi A8 4.2 TDI Quattro

There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Why it doesn't have ''quattro'' badge on the front grill...?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    Why it doesn't have ''quattro'' badge on the front grill...?
    The badge is there, but the image is a bit small to notice it properly.

Is badge there or maybe you think you see it...

Look at this pic'...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-audi-a8-front.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	9156  

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    Is badge there or maybe you think you see it...

Look at this pic'...
    Well, that's certainly unusual...

Guys,
    first direct comparison against the main rivals: http://www.autobild.de/autobild-tv/?clip_id=1808
    Guess who won!!

Pity it's in German! Could anyone give more insight in what was said?

I watched the whole clip but i understood less then a german shepherd would have. Some table, numbers and measurements would have been great.

They say that the A8 is the compromise between the S classe and the Bmw 7 series, because it can be very comfortable and if you want it can also be very sporty. The S classe is however the most comfortable car to drive (they say its the king of comfort). The 7 serie is as always very sporty ans dynamic in steering, and is 100 kg lighter than the Audi(Audi weighs 2070 kg, the Merc weighs 2050 kg). The 7 serie also has a better fuel economy than Audi and Merc, it consumes 0.7 liter less than Audi, and 2.4 liter less than the Merc.

The Audi A8 however can also be driven comfortable or sporty whenever you want and is the quickest car to reach 100Km/h, in 5.5 seconds (BMW and Merc are 1 second slower). It has a lot of settings for the drive pleasure.
    So what they say is that the Audi A8 is a very good car, but it also has its price. The A8(4.2 tdi) starts with +10.000 euro more than the BMW 7 serie with its basis price.

BUT in the end (I think) they say is that the Merc and BMW should watch out for the A8 because its such a good car, and I think they find the A8 the best car of the three.

new a8...

I dont know...but the more I see the car in real flesh pictures...its actually not bad, perhaps I was indeed harsh before. I was also noticing the price of the old 2009 A8L on the uk website versus the 2010 A8 standard wheel base starting price...its almost a 5000 pound jump! thats about the most I have seen for any year over year model. I guess all that leather and aluminum has its price.

I hope the S8 solves the boring front/ rear and that oh-so-old engine....

I'm afraid that the only correct version for today is 4.2 tdi. Because the V6 are not serious enough, and if you buy the 4.2 fsi, once in 1.5 years you'll see a 4.0T version and you'll fell hopeless and you'll kill yourself.

And Audi, put the right badges on their places! We want quattro on grill and 4.2 on bootlid!!!

I've seen the A8 in traffic today, you hardly notice it. Very dull compared to the current A8. It actually looks as bad in real life as it looks on photos, the exterior that is. Now the interior is a completely different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kliko View Post
    They say that the A8 is the compromise between the S classe and the Bmw 7 series, because it can be very comfortable and if you want it can also be very sporty. The S classe is however the most comfortable car to drive (they say its the king of comfort). The 7 serie is as always very sporty ans dynamic in steering, and is 100 kg lighter than the Audi(Audi weighs 2070 kg, the Merc weighs 2050 kg). The 7 serie also has a better fuel economy than Audi and Merc, it consumes 0.7 liter less than Audi, and 2.4 liter less than the Merc.

The Audi A8 however can also be driven comfortable or sporty whenever you want and is the quickest car to reach 100Km/h, in 5.5 seconds (BMW and Merc are 1 second slower). It has a lot of settings for the drive pleasure.
    So what they say is that the Audi A8 is a very good car, but it also has its price. The A8(4.2 tdi) starts with +10.000 euro more than the BMW 7 serie with its basis price.

BUT in the end (I think) they say is that the Merc and BMW should watch out for the A8 because its such a good car, and I think they find the A8 the best car of the three.
    It's disturbing to me that Audi with it's state of the art aluminum space frame is still heavier than both BMW and MB which are made with steel.
    S63TT

I think that's because of the Quattro system. Don't know if the testcars in this case like the Bmw and Merc were also allwheeldrive, but I don't think so if I'm honest...

One thing I noticed was that the new A8 is huuuuuuuge, but like someone else said above, it looks dull. Its like it isn't there for you. The A8 model 2008 was like woooooww-factor when you saw it. I don't think people will have a "wow-factor" when they see the new A8. I think most of the people will more be attracted to the car because of the hugeness...

Dear Friends,

for clarification:

the BMW 740d is not available with Xdrive, neither the Mercedes S450 CDI. You also need to consider the options for the Testcars. If you like to compare, it would make sense to do this for:

BMW 750i Xdrive 2.105 KG
    Mercedes S500 4-matic 2.030 KG
    Audi 4.2 FSI Quattro 1.910 KG

All base car, meassured after EU 92/21/EWG. (90% Fuel, Driver 68KG and Luggage 7KG.)

Qisha

hey Qisha- did you ever find any pics of an apollo silver R8?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10