Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Pics - RS6 sedan!

Tom and Rutkowsky: Since when do we pay attention to any manufacturer's claimed 0-60 numbers? We know those are off, especially being Audi's, so wait for the tests to start coming in. The RS6 will beat the E63 (it'll be close to 60 but will definitely beat it to 100, 120, 150 and everywhere in between).

You two should read Top Gear's latest article featuring the RS6...

Quote Originally Posted by Rutkowsky View Post
    ...i am gutted that it doesn't feature DKG gearbox! ...
    And not even the DSG which would be needed but the new 8 speed gearbox from ZF, which can switch down as fast as it can switch up! But I'm not sure that this box can handle this amount of power or not, and even if it handle it, it could be too expensive
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

That interior is so good it hurts! That steering wheel, the leather stitched dash, the seats...

The exterior, coming from a MkI owner is great. The rear lights are so, so though. I'd have to see it in real life, but overall, I'd say the car is fantastic. Shame it may not make it Stateside, I know a lot of folks who will be bummed.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I like the RS6, but I don't like it in these pictures,it seems a little bit weird, especially the back:S:S

I think in Black colour this is just a beast!!
    Still enjoying the 5cilinders of Audi :D

Love it!

Very nice C6 RS6 sedan, but I still prefer the C6 RS6 Avant.

RS6 Sedan

Being an avid Avant Fan, I am surprised by how much I like the sedan. There is not an angle that bothers me in the least bit. In fact it looks too good. The rear lights, and I was initially offended by them, look very nice, and in person I bet they look even better, specially at night lit up in front of everyone to see from behind.
    It will come to stateside by next year, and will be priced around 120-130K. Lot of money for a lot of car.
    Daytona grey, with black leather with all carbon fiber panels in titanium finish package should be a good combo.
    Congrats to everyone who will get one.
    2004 A6 S-Line

C'mon guys, the lights may be alot like those from A4/5 but ... hey ... LOOK AT THIS!

I think this is the best backside from a car I've seen in quite a long time...! And this is "only" the A6...

I prefer the old lights. Here's a quick chop I made:

HKS786

What is soooooooo booooring is this need to have the quickest car in acceleration. It's as if driving skills and handling bear no meaning on what makes a great car.

Like someone else said, look at the latest Topgear reviews with the RS6 in it, then watch the Driver Republic video against the C63 Estate, in this test it's against a much more nimble foe than the E63 and yet it kills it on the track, cornering hard, braking deep and achieving a higher topspeed on the straight. To improve a time of 3 seconds on any track (excluding the ring) is exceptional, but to do it against something which is quicker in acceleration and from a class size smaller is incredible.

I think what Audi have achieved with the RS6 is way greater than their achievements with the RS4, it's goal was to beat the then E46 M3 and it did that but Audi have covered so many bases with the RS6 it's unreal. The car can hold it's head high against the likes of supercars and all from an estate car which can carry 5 people in total comfort and quiet, and a boot big enough to except anything from a dog to a full camping trip.

As always Audi have proved themselves as a class act above all others.

P.S.
    I prefer the new rear lights over the old ones, now the rear ends doesn't look as wide as it did.
    Search and you will find the truth.

i too can't wait to see a true test against the M5 and E63, its peers. it'll be faster than both but *maybe* not as nimble as the M5
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Me like the best very much!! Hope to get one... Thanks for nice pics!!

650hp?!?! Baby steps, I think 70 or 80 horsepower above its competitors is a good start plus, let's draw a line (lol, at 581hp) that society shouldn't cross in the name of the planet at least for family sedans. As a member of a not-about-to-die generation, we at some point have to stop contributing to global warming in the name of our anti-BMW/Mercedes egos.

("Oh my god! The man's huggin' trees now!" I can already hear it I say it as a partial hypocrite, like most of "us")

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    So what's the exact weight of the saloon?
    Dear The RS6,

1.985 KG.

Qisha

Dear Qisha,

from the experience of people who has driven in new RS6, does it feel really better than M5 or E63?
    It's very important to know it, because it's impossible to have a test-drive of such a car and we make decisions based on impressions of other people.

I would be very pleased to get your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear The RS6,

1.985 KG.

Qisha
    so we have 40 kg difference between avant and limo. (2025 avant)

What means that with driver and fuel the avant is avarage around 2150kg
    and the limo 2110kg.

I personaly hoped for a bigger difference.

So remember m5 touring and limo have 100kg difference, why rs6 limo and avant just have 40kg. i dont know the reason why there is not a bigger difference

But it will pretty clear that accelaration in the rs6 will be almost identically between limo and avant.
    Last edited by audi_ch; August 15th, 2008 at 13:03. Reason: typing error

ya, for the saloon to be only 40kg lower than the avant is out of hand, the avant already weighs a lot, now for the saloon to come in at close to 2 tonnes. Man, talk about bloat...

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    What is soooooooo booooring is this need to have the quickest car in acceleration. It's as if driving skills and handling bear no meaning on what makes a great car.

Like someone else said, look at the latest Topgear reviews with the RS6 in it, then watch the Driver Republic video against the C63 Estate, in this test it's against a much more nimble foe than the E63 and yet it kills it on the track, cornering hard, braking deep and achieving a higher topspeed on the straight. To improve a time of 3 seconds on any track (excluding the ring) is exceptional, but to do it against something which is quicker in acceleration and from a class size smaller is incredible.

I think what Audi have achieved with the RS6 is way greater than their achievements with the RS4, it's goal was to beat the then E46 M3 and it did that but Audi have covered so many bases with the RS6 it's unreal. The car can hold it's head high against the likes of supercars and all from an estate car which can carry 5 people in total comfort and quiet, and a boot big enough to except anything from a dog to a full camping trip.

As always Audi have proved themselves as a class act above all others.

P.S.
    I prefer the new rear lights over the old ones, now the rear ends doesn't look as wide as it did.
    I've got to ask, which dealership are you working for ?