Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Time to make my RS6 a beast - some guidance woudl be appreciated

FINALLY!!!
    I have the suspension installed - swaybars and KW's.

Wow, what an improvement!

I'd forgotten how solid the car could feel. It's been bumping along w/the worn bushings (which were totally shot), a cracked upper left front shock mount and the damned DRC for so long that I'd become accustomed to the "badness" of it all.

Unfortunately it's done nothing but be cold, wet and either snowy or rainy, so I can't get a feeling for the new stuff fully, but that said, the car slides and drifts just wonderfully under power. It's easy to do nice long four wheel drifts through clover leafs and the chassis no longer gets spooky when it starts to let go. It just nicely starts into the drift. Add throttle and get the rear end to hang out about a foot and float on through the corners.

The thing's a blast!

I enjoyed the S-series A4 that I had as a loaner, but man, I really love my old Beast.

Now it's time to put some HP under the hood and see just how much trouble I can get it with it! Revo here I come.

Thanks to everyone that's helped direct me and given me opinions and such. W/o this board, I'd still be fighting w/the DRC and no where near as happy w/the car as I am now.

I guess I need to tackle the installation of the radio again next... Now that I know what was wrong (wrong wire harness), I'll be able to get things in order and make it all happy - I hope. I'm really hoping that the sat receiver works w/the new radio setup and that issue was part of the wire harness issue. Time will tell.
    An R8 and an RS6 in one garage: It doesn't get much better!

Quote Originally Posted by KfabR8 View Post
    Blacked out Hella rear tail lights arrived today. I'll get them in tomorrow.
    Kfab-- I am ordering some of the hella smoked tails as well. I'm assuming install is a breeze, but am also starting to learn to not assume that anything is a breeze with these. Any watchouts?

Quote Originally Posted by KfabR8 View Post
    Well it's begun.

Ordered smoked Hella tail lights and smoked side marker lights a couple days ago.
    Where did you order smoked side lights from ?

Quote Originally Posted by BenA View Post
    Kfab-- I am ordering some of the hella smoked tails as well. I'm assuming install is a breeze, but am also starting to learn to not assume that anything is a breeze with these. Any watchouts?
    10 min a side. MAX.

hella sells smoked side lights as well. I think I posted a link a while ago...

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    Nice work!!

I'm assuming there are TWO since it says "blinkerS"

I'm also assuming the stock bulbs fit.... but you know what assuming does...??

it's all stock sizing, but ya, wouldn't hurt to email those people to confirm.

I already ordered..... PLUS they have this too to go with my new carbon fiber:

http://www.parts4euro.com/DCShop/pro...roducts_id=563

Long time off this site...

Some mods to my RS6 have happened recently:
    After almost two years, I FINALLY got my RNS-E system installed. My original attempt at install was extremely frustrating and I finally discovered that I was given a Symphony I wire harness. I had to rewire things for a Symphony II setup and now things are playing nice.

The blue tooth telephone hooked up (had to rewire the harness that came w/the RNS-E setup), the old XM sat did not work, but the Sirius unit out of my (totaled - damn trees) R8 works great and the nav system works too (with the nav CD-ROM out of the R8). I was able to find where the shark fin antenna's lead was and hook it directly into the RNS-E system. No spare, extra GPS antenna required.

Now I'm in need of a steering wheel w/paddle shifters AND radio controls and then I'm going to have to work on finding the wire diagrams and coding to make it all play nicely together.

Does anyone have any leads on what wheel to get and how to make it work w/the RNS-E system?

I was originally planning on putting more HP into the RS6, but after getting an R8, I ended up only spending about 1/4 of my time in the RS6, while putting 43K on the R8, so why bother?
    An R8 and an RS6 in one garage: It doesn't get much better!