Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corvette ZR1 Laps the Ring in 7:26.4, Beats the 2009 Nissan

Corvette ZR1 Laps the Ring in 7:26.4, Beats the 2009 Nissan

GM’s 640Hp and $103,000 Corvette ZR1 has posted one of the fastest times ever recorded on the Nurburgring race track for a totally stock production car: 7 minutes and 26.4 seconds. And yes, the ZR1 has shaved almost three seconds off the 2009 Nissan GT-R’s official time of 7:29.03.

According to Corvette Chief Engineer Tadge J. Juechter, the ZR1 tested was bone stock with the exception of the communications and safety equipment. The tires were production Michelin Pilot Sport 2 which have been developed specifically for the ZR1 while chassis alignment and vehicle height were set to factory specs.

Likewise, Juechter said that the engine calibrations were absolutely stock, emissions compliant and the car ran on pump (not racing) fuel. In other words, it was the same vehicle as the ones that will roll off the production line in Bowling Green, Kentucky and sold around later this summer.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/06...264-beats.html

conditions must have been perfect....

I just saw this article on worldcarfans.com & came here to post it only to find it was already here. U guys are faster than the ZR1 & the GTR.
    I would be very interested to see the in car video.
    I would still take the GTR, it would be more reliable than the vette. I cannot wait to see how Porsche will respond,I am expecting the updated Turbo to be something incredible.

Hmm...with PS2!?

look at this :P one fast corvette

http://www.vkmag.com/videos/videos_c...heel_erg_hard/

Gtr-v

Godzilla ain't angry yet (GTR-Spec-V)!
    just might take another few weeks before they shatter that too.

I like corvettes, but the technology packed in the GTR is just of no match specially for the dollar.

In addition I think the Amuze and other versions will be very close if not faster.

Hats off to the vetter though for breaking the record. Straight line performance is hard to match with the blown engine.

What do you guys think, the vetter be able to keep up with the Spec-V??
    2004 A6 S-Line

Quote Originally Posted by DJim View Post

That is a guy from the Netherlands in his C6 Z06 @320km/h, we were in Germany with about 80cars. There was also an Audi RS6 Avant with 600HP/800Nm who also did 320km/h! Also 2 RS4's with 530HP

This is another version of the movie of the Z06
    http://www.vimeo.com/1237251

THE MOVIE of our meeting: http://arethusa.tweakers.net/~femme/video/cbr08/
    The black M3 at the end has about 550HP!

Quote Originally Posted by Clio16V View Post
    That is a guy from the Netherlands in his C6 Z06 @320km/h, we were in Germany with about 80cars. There was also an Audi RS6 Avant with 600HP/800Nm who also did 320km/h!
    553hp and 784 Nm

As far as i know it was about 600HP/800Nm the owner tuned his RS6 a little more just before the meeting. So i was told by the big man
    He had some slight problems with the clutch.

As far as i know it was about 600HP/800Nm the owner tuned his RS6 a little more just before the meeting. So i was told by the big man
    He had some slight problems with the clutch.
    even more? :bigeyes:

he is still running stock turbo's, and as far as i know 600hp is not possible with stock turbo's.

however, it certainly is insanely fast! Problems with the clutch have been prominent since beginning of the tuning... 800Nm tends to do that

This 600HP was accoording to the Dutch master of VAG tuning the absolute limit of the RS6 with almost 100% standard hardware.

I say no way for 600hp with a standard RS6...

absolutely no way ! ! !

Frederic

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Balsen View Post
    I say no way for 600hp with a standard RS6...

absolutely no way ! ! !

Frederic
    It wasn't standard...it was tuned, as i told, by chipping it and some other small changes, but not bigger turbo's or other/stronger internals etc. It mostly was the software that did it.

It wasn't standard...it was tuned, as i told, by chipping it and some other small changes, but not bigger turbo's or other/stronger internals etc. It mostly was the software that did it.
    Well I really really doubt with standard exhaust, standard cat and standard fuel pump taht you can reach 600hp.

My understanding is that 550hp is not reachable solely because of the standard fuel pump.

My 0,002 euros...

Frederic

I thought the transmission was the issue.

This was before he went to the tuner for the last time, torque is know limited to 800Nm.

Can someone explain to me why the corvette does so well on the ring yet all European reviews laugh at it's chassis for ride quality and finesse?
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Can someone explain to me why the corvette does so well on the ring yet all European reviews laugh at it's chassis for ride quality and finesse?

Perhaps because the Brits are biased against sports cars from this side of the pond. Seriously though, the ride is harsh in those things, I am talking Porsche harsh (sorry Andy ).

Wait till the V-Spec comes out. $103K Corvette trumps $70K Nissan... no biggie there.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan