Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report DRC Failures to NHTSA

OK Gang! Keep it coming! I just got an email from a fellow who works for the NHTSA/ DOT and has read our complaints..he is asking me for an interview to learn about the DRC issues and how it works, why its a problem, what happens when it fails and what Audi is doing about it. I will be speaking to him on Apr 28th.
    Way to go team!
    Squeaky wheel and all that..

just confirmed by my service advisor and technicial at Audi Mission Viejo here in Orange County. AoA is no longer covering DRC under CPO, apparently they just went to a class for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hy Octane View Post
    OK Gang! Keep it coming! I just got an email from a fellow who works for the NHTSA/ DOT and has read our complaints..he is asking me for an interview to learn about the DRC issues and how it works, why its a problem, what happens when it fails and what Audi is doing about it. I will be speaking to him on Apr 28th.
    Way to go team!
    Squeaky wheel and all that..

but hurry up I have to change mine soon

gmbh6, which dealership do you go to?

pacific usually

oh, okay, so you're more north. I don't know the guys at Pacific but Audiphile knows them all very well, so maybe he'd be able to help spread a good word for you.

yeah man every bit helps

Hy Octane,

How'd the interview go with the DOT/NHTSA?

Interested parties wish to know!

CW

Just finished up adding my complaint. What i added is the dangerous nature of the handling. It really is the twitchy handling and sidestepping over bumps on the interstate. Rounding curves at speed over expansion joints is plain dangerous when the DRC fails. The car bounces, wheels lose contact and car sidesteps. Obviously the fact that it repeatedly fails is the issue.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

We're up to 27 complaints on the RS6 alone.

filed. done.

My RS6 was European and no exception..

The engineers for the NHTSA have been calling and investigating the DRC so if you have not yet done the write up please please do.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    The engineers for the NHTSA have been calling and investigating the DRC so if you have not yet done the write up please please do.
    Done!

I spoke with them about a week ago. Good conversation. They're actually considering taking a car with DRC failure out on the road and experiencing it for themselves. They asked whether I would loan my car, which I would under the right circumstances, but my DRC was just repaired two months ago. So, I don't know how driving mine would help them, unless they intend to have the DRC system intentionally drained. If they did that, however, they'd damage the shock seals, so they'd have to replace them after the testing. Doubt that they'd be interested in paying for 4 new shocks and installation.

CW

NHTSA Report

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    I've added my to the list.

Jimmy S.

Added my name to the complaint list...
    DRC went out earlier this week. Audi dealer is being very cool about it. Aftermarket insurance company, not so much...
    Hopefully, my rep at the Audi dealer will get them to foot the entire bill (as they should).
    Funny thing is, I didn't notice any big change in handling/ride at all, but the slow leaking was found fortuitously when the mechanic was looking around while doing a tune-up (engine/trans oil, spark plugs, air/cabin/fuel filters) and the check-engine light came on last week after I had already scheduled the app't. Check engine light likely had to do with crappy gas as best as they can figure out. Seems like they've made that diagnosis of exclusion on a few other cars, and my story fits (I'm a sucker for cheap(er) gas (although still "premium") available at no-name service stations. We'll see if it comes back, but I digress. He also found that my front CV boots where old/cracked and spraying small amounts of axle grease on the insides of my front wheels (I had just attributed it to the insane amount of brake dust that I'm use to seeing). Anyway, thanks for posting this link!

is there really a difference between Gas Co. A and Gas Co. B's 91 octane gas? Isn't 91 octane 91 octane?