Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Youngest person to leagally drive an rs4 (17 and only been driving for 6 months)

Ah yes,

Those tough dilemmas in life ...

In any case, my advice is to keep the Corsa if only because of that ridiculous insurance premium. It does not make sense! As for the young driver issues. Well, I am no expert here but being 23 (got the license at 18) I would say that I can understand what the 'old' lads here are pointing. Also, please be aware that sl500 IS fast and powerful and 440 bhp is not at all for the faint of heart. Hell, your Corsa is fast too if you compare with a bicycle. You see my point?

Anyway, far be it from me to tell you what to do and I am sure you are a skilled driver but you have plenty of time to play and pay with a 440 bhp super car.

This forum by the way is an amazing (non)-reality bubble ... I mean; anything with under 300 bhp is considered a slouch and 21 year olds are cruising around in B7 RS4 ... can I have some of that Kool Aid please?

sure - you're only young once - but that don't means that you have to driva a 440hp car with 17 ... take it slow man

start with an A3 140hp (that's enough) - go then up for an S3 for example - and then after 5 - 6 Years with this 2 cars - you can go for an S4/RS4/S5/RS5 or whatever...

Sure - you can also go now for a car like this - but you should really really know what you're doing...these cars are not for everyone - and especially not for people how drove a Corsa - so that's nearly 400hp more which you now will have

i would say also for a driver with a lot of experience is a jump from 300 to 700 (e.g.) not so easy - at the beginning....don't have to talk about a 17 year old guy...

im test driving an rs4 b7 on wednesday will get a video hopeflly and can show u guys me driving an rs4 with 420 bhp

yep, i'm gonna see a story of a 17 year old in 420hp car taking out himself and his buddies.

ps, enjoy the car in good health lol

cheers man,

Fair play...
    I have always had big power cars... that is after i stopped racing motorbikes, i was only 17 when i had my first Yamaha FZR 600, then went upwards from there, by the time I was 18 i had a brand new GSXR 600, then ZX7R, GSXR750, Honda Fireblade and so on.. My parents were not too happy with it, neither were was my elder brother,as they were all worried about me getting into trouble with such big power bikes... But it didnt do me any harm, jumped straight in the deep end.. best way to learn IMO.. besides, yes you may have an accident, so may any of us, and I also have to add that when im in the RS4 on my own.. maturity goes out the window anyway LOL

Goodluck with your new purchase... Just remember, there is a time and place for driving at high speeds,

that is so true, their is a time and place for going fast, unfotrunatly some people do not realise this, just yesterdy i saw a boy racer hatch back wrapped around a lamp post.

i am in the fortunate position where i have a pass plus and i have been taught certain things by police officers, over the summer i am also going to do a course that is run by the police to imporve your driving through an advanced driving test

http://www.rospa.com/drivertraining/..._tests/car.htm

Quote Originally Posted by christofrs4 View Post
    but what im going to do is insure my corsa full compreensive(1600), which includes 3rd prty fire n theft on any vehicle(rs4) and get my dad to insure the rs4 fully comp for 250

6700 on inurance is a ludicrous amount of mone for insurance

ironiclly i cant get insurance for a 4.2 v8 s4 but i can for a 911 turbo and a 2,7 bi turbo rs4
    Sorry...if you don't mind me asking...what ins co. are you with? I didn't think any co. would insure 3rd party fire and theft until you are 25 even if you have your own policy?

..and here's another additon to ridiculous quotes...when we picked up the RS4 last year, i was quoted £7300 just to be added as an additonal driver!

I think it's each to their own with regards to handling a lot of power at a young age. I jumped from the 1.6 Leon to the 3.0 A4...and now to the 911. As long as your sensible and don't fall for games that other people want you to play then you should be fine.

Taran
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

its quin direct, they are based in ireland. they are not the cheapest insuers, but as far as i am aware they are the only company that allo for 3rd party fire and theft on any vehicle for 17 year olds.
    3 grand for my 1.0 corsa lol made a mistake 1600 is the cheapest i can get it but quinn direct is 3 grand

Oh right, will have to check them out, but like you said they ain't cheap. £3G on a corsa is taking the p*ss well and truely.

Also, you have to ask yourself if you're prepared to risk 3rd party on an RS4? God forbid nothing does happen...but parts/labour ain't cheap!

Taran
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

will keep me on my toes lol

Im Auditudes son. I drove my dads B7 RS4 for the first time when i was 16 and 4 months. I have a Highly modded A4 2.0T.
    10' B8 S4 6MT- GIAC S1, Injen Intake, AWE Catback
    93' C4 S4 5MT- VEMS, GT30R, Built Motor etc...

drove sr4 b7 today :)

drove the b7 today, very nice feels alot better built than b5.

but ifelt there was more wind noise, may have been the pirelii p-zeros

attahed is the video:

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?Fla...erId=714840537

unfotrunaly only had 5 mins of cam time.

did get the car up to 120mph wen the salesman was looking through the service history lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs4 test drive 002 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	6431  

Nasty wheels. Stock 19"s on the RS4 should not be replaced.

Also, at 17 you should not be driving anything over 200bhp. Just my opinion.
    Current: 2008 M5 fully loaded, 2008 Tundra 4x4 TRD
    Previous Audi: 2006 S4
    Deposit: 2009 RS6 (cancelled)