Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: She's here! (update- PICS!!!!!!)

Sebring Attack and Post track bath

Recently took a trip to Sebring with Chin Motorsports. Had an amazing time. First time there with Chin required instructor; mine had just bought a 2011 GT3 RS into which I went along for the ride. I had to leave early because of a personal matter, but did get three 30 minute stints in.

The day began at 4:30 AM to meet a couple of track budies with 911's. It was 40 F outside. The cold dry air, the music, the engine, and the solitude on the drive down were a beautiful start to the day.

I have a little point-and-shoot so sorry for the pic quality.

Pulling in and scoring a garage space on pit row? PRICELESS. Especially when you know Audi's pit row section is right where you are.

Neighbors were nice folks. Hardcore Ferrari owners were grouped in the first garages and had driven up the night before for early registration. They were all decked out in racing suits and their long south american hair. Who says men ever grow up eh?

Barely spent any time sitting by my car. Was either driving, riding along with my instructor or in class, or eating something or just using the restroom. I'd loaded up on espresso before leaving the house that morning. Instructor was impressed with my car. It pulled harder than his down the long back (Ulmann) straight. Fangio Chicane is/has always been the most challenging portion for me, but on this visit the formal instruction paid off and I nailed it. It turns out I am most efficient there using, of all things, the racing line! Most such turns are easiest and safest with the late apex line. I give credit to the R8, though. It is incredible and the instructor remarked that it definitely could do things more easily than his RS (which is, by the way, a hell of a ride- a much different and more raw experience than the R8). The R8 can do it all.

Sebring was EPIC as always. I love that track.

The next day it was time to unload and clean. I started with the Swissvax Precleaner and then proceeded with Swissvax Onyx. I have never had such a shine and gloss on a car before. It was easy and fun to put on and buff off. The stuff smells like fruit and makes you hungry. I put it on with my bare hands as recommended. Talk about bonding with your car.

And here it is. Apollo Silver in all its glory.

Car has the Ventureshield front. Used TTR for the tire rubber removal.

Cheers.
    Last edited by RXBG; November 10th, 2010 at 21:41.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

BWAHAHAHA....Such a good emoticon to sum it up.

Nice write up!!!

Great write up RXBG. Sometimes I miss the track events, and these are the kind of pics that do it for me. Glad you were able to have a blast.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Great write up RXBG. Sometimes I miss the track events, and these are the kind of pics that do it for me. Glad you were able to have a blast.

Ben
    Ben,

I know you've been "out" for a while, but you've had much more important things to do, for sure. I hope you can soon get back into the game. When the day comes for you to post that you're looking into a new ride I'll be following your decision very closely.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Wow! Sounds like a blast and what a machine to rip around it like it should be done. Thanks for the write up and sharing. Next time get some vids for us jealous ones..;0
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    Ben,

I know you've been "out" for a while, but you've had much more important things to do, for sure. I hope you can soon get back into the game. When the day comes for you to post that you're looking into a new ride I'll be following your decision very closely.
    Thanks RXBG, when the time comes, I'll keep you posted.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Great writeup, seems like a lot of fun!

But Apollo in the sun... wow...