Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: She's here! (update- PICS!!!!!!)

Great choice - "a tear of sadness" that a pure Audi garage didi not work out

BUT, besides the Q7 - the Range Sport is one of my favorite among the SUV bunch.

Look forward to your driving impressions - supercharger does not soud too boring

PS: the A4 looks good as well , i'm more than satisfied with mine - and quattro season just began
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

hi kju

Quote Originally Posted by kju View Post
    its just so unbelievable..i want to have your garage....

but i mean i would be comfy just with this insane r8 !!!!

even the A4 is a 3.2 engine...

how is the A4 driving with the 3.2 ?? is it strong ? is it fast ?
    my parents own the avant with the 2.0 TDI and 140 hp...a little bit more less, but even the 2.0 is pretty fun.
    so the 3.2 i guess is even more fun i think ? so with this 3.2 engine you already beat 80 or 90 percent of the other
    cars on the streets i think am i right?
    here in the US cars tend to have more powerful engines than in the EU, hence it might not stand out in power as much as you'd think. however, 9/10 times i see another A4 it is a 2.0T. the A4 3.2 is definitely a powerful car and very smooth. gas mileage is great (but not compared to you parents' cars) and it is a tiptronic so easy to drive and cruise to work in while listening to bossa nova. i consider myself fortunate indeed. many more people have much nicer cars (R8 and RR excepted) but, yes, i consider myself lucky. but i am vetted my the hard work it has taken to get here.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    Great choice - "a tear of sadness" that a pure Audi garage didi not work out

BUT, besides the Q7 - the Range Sport is one of my favorite among the SUV bunch.

Look forward to your driving impressions - supercharger does not soud too boring

PS: the A4 looks good as well , i'm more than satisfied with mine - and quattro season just began

this RR is amazing. and in the candy apple red and ivory interior/dark wood it is gorgeous. being used to a much lower car i am still reserved about cornering, but the car has laughed at my reservations because each time i have thought i was going in way too fast there was nary a squeak or a protest from the either the car or the tires; and remained perfectly flat. i am sure it can haul a$$, but we'll leave it for baby business
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_x7v5Tg2wU

RXBG's latest update.

this was a few weeks ago at a new local track here in Orlando. i didn't know the R8 came with the kick a$$ exhaust option!!!!

highlight of the evening was lapping a V8 Vantage.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

well, my car started to develop a "grinding/squealing" noise from under the front wheels about 3 weeks ago. i could hear it when turning the steering wheel at low speeds. i couldn't see anything wrong with my car by looking under it, and had not run over anything. took it to the dealer and after a week of evaluation they decided to change the wheel bearings. this took care of most of the "grinding" noise but there remained a high pitched screeching sound when turning the wheel. after further consulting with the factory it was decided to also change the control arms. this took care of the problem once and for all.

in conclusion, it seems that something may have been wrong with the control arms under load. the wheel bearings and control arms that were replaced did not show any cracks or failure to the naked eye, however.

kind of scary, the whole bit, but i did not drive it much after i heard the problem in the first place. i can't recall if ti-mike's problem was caused by any of the above things when his rear suspension faltered on his V8. i do recall my TT making similar noises, but the problem with that car had been broken tie rods.

anyway, will be picking her up on saturday. i've missed her.

the dealer was pretty good about keeping me informed and hooked me up with a black 2009 3.2Q (which is miles better than our 2005.5 B7 3.2.)

14,400 miles and counting on the most amazing car ownership experience of my life so far.

greetings to everyone out there. and drive safe.

Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Well, as some of you may know I finally decided to give in. I placed an order for a 2010 V10. ETA 4 months. It may be one of the last 2010's produced. I specced it as follows:

Manual transmission
    Apollo silver exterior
    Black interior
    Carbon blades
    Carbon interior
    Titanium 5-spoke wheels with upgraded rubber
    ...in the US carbon engine, nav, and all that is standard kit

the recent published 0-60 time of 3.3 secs (with roll-out- 3.5 without) for a V10 in Road and Track makes this car all the more exciting.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Congrats - great choice! However, out of curiousity, why not the spyder version for all-year sunny FL? Too much of a poseurs car? Not much more expensive and the tests suggest that the close relative Gallardo spyder is dynamically almost as good as the coupe...

Congratulations!

I really like your spec and I think it will look just gorgeous.

thanks guys- afaik the spyder is not available for order yet. i too look forward to the varying shades of silver and gray and black on the car. it will truly look serious, purposeful, and aggressive.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Hope your order goes faster than mine. I was originally told car would be produced Mid-Feb (now) from our original allocation/order in October 2009. Updated status shows my car being built mid-late March so delivery not until April (hopefully)

Having driven the V10 at Infineon, it is, in my opinion, a totally different car from the V8 (in a good way). Now impatiently waiting for the delivery!
    Last edited by PeterH; February 5th, 2010 at 20:45. Reason: spelling
    2008 Sprint Blue/Silver RS4 Cabriolet, 2009 Space Gray/Tobacco BMW X5 Xdrive35d
    2010 R8 V10 Velvet Purple/Alabaster White-Black

Congrats and look forward to the pics! That will surely be a smile maker!
    210K miles rolled

Congratulations! We did have some discussions about the V8 vs. V10.

And i am confinced: As you "like" your R8 V8 - you will like your new R8 V10 "a little" more!

Look forward to your pics, thoughts and impressions. Especially on the V8 / V10 matter
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

You've gone for the manual... Is that going to affect retailing when the time comes?

ruergard- thanks man. it was the color i always wanted for my V8. it is the most exciting part of the spec for me for sure.

peter- it is a VIP order like my V8 was so it will move me up in the queue somewhat. though i it's not like i am going to be moved up to the next in line like tom cruise might . i was told approx 3-5 months- like my last car- considering that this time it is a special order color i think that's pretty good. and it will definitely be a 2010.

max- thanks! btw- how is your RS6 running?

roadrunner- i intend to report as much as possible re: the differences, for sure. as much fodder as possible to share with and keep all R8 enthusiasts informed!

andy- personally, i am not concerned with resale value re: my spec. my personal opinion is so strong re: transmission that if the V10 were only available with r-tronic i would not have bought one. call me stubborn
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    andy- personally, i am not concerned with resale value re: my spec. my personal opinion is so strong re: transmission that if the V10 were only available with r-tronic i would not have bought one. call me stubborn
    That is great to hear!

90% of people compromise with gearbox, personaly, I still prefer manual over auto' 'box, but manual cars are starting to be complete nightmare when it comes to sell it...

I am sooooooo jealous- That is going to be a great ride/color combo and toooo much fun to scream around in! I look forward to the pics and your comments upon arrival.

Funny you asked about my RS6. I just got back from doing an acceleration test and the results were 0-60 in 4.2 and the 1/4 mile in 12.6. Not bad for the heavy hog with 121K miles and running 93 gas. I"m no expert in launching and do it just for fun.

I would get a good look at your tail lights as they got smaller and smaller if we lined up in your ride..

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    max- thanks! btw- how is your RS6 running?
    210K miles rolled

andy- from what a couple of dealers told me here in the US- among ordered cars whose customers back out on when they arrive, the manual trannys sell much faster than the r-tronics. and of those ordered with manuals 50% fewer suffer a back-out. go figure.

max- those are wicked numbers. you have a wickedly fast car. you're awesome for standing by it and loving it like you do. audi better be watching.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    That is great to hear!

90% of people compromise with gearbox, personaly, I still prefer manual over auto' 'box, but manual cars are starting to be complete nightmare when it comes to sell it...
    An enthusiast will know that the r-tronic isn't a dsg, and will prefer the manual option. I'm sure some people will be actively looking for the manuals.

Will the r-tronic pay for itself upon resale? I'm not sure about that. It's like €8k, no? That's a pretty big difference on the second hand market. Since they aren't buying new cars, you can assume that the buyers have a budget.

A car like this is never a good investment, might as well get the one you really want. That's the whole point right?
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)