Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: She's here! (update- PICS!!!!!!)

Nice to see this..., you can start to enjoy now!

Great News!!!

Hey R...

What fantastic news!

After almost a week of deep pain in your heart and soul and having to endour the loss of one of the greatest prizes of the car world, I wish you only the best.

Can't wait to hear and sometime see this beauty of yours!

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    hellooooooooooooooooooooo! guess who's back!!!!!!!!!!!!

picked her up today. one bearing change later the car is like a completely new animal. i can actually DRIVE it now. it is an awesome piece of kit as those crazy brits like to say. day one of ownership actually started today since i actually felt comfortable driving it.

i took a small vid. i need to find a way to upload to the net. hopefully this will be a nice wknd and i can post some pics.

waiting CF blade to get in and then those will be going on. perhaps i'll wait on the pics till she is complete!

love,

RXBG
    Great to hear! Congratulations once again then!

Indeed, congratulations that everything is in order now. You had us all worried there for a moment since by god it is frustrating when you pay money like this to get something which is out of order.

All this however is long gone now ... , enjoy the ride and please do post both vid and pics.

Great news RXBG
    2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon

Great news.

ahem..pics.
    Truth In The Blacklist

Dude, everyday I visit this thread, and still no pictures.

Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohn View Post
    Dude, everyday I visit this thread, and still no pictures.

hey gents.

the weekend was extremely rainy and stormy here in orlando. no sooner had i finished washing the car on sat morning (with the consequent back pain) when it stormed. i did not take any pics for that reason and the reason that i have scheduled the CF blade installation for this saturday coming up.

i did take a vid of my wife driving it in high def. i will need to figure out a way to get it on my hard drive and then find a host online. but i plan on a dedicated RS6.com vid actually.

i do have the best intentions of sharing my experience with all of you, fellow owners, owners to be (waiting is the WORST part of ownership), and audi aficcionados (who represent the people on this planet who best deserve to own one).

this weekend's events and impressions:

despite the rainy weather i did take her out for a spin. accelerating from first this thing will kick your ass back on your seat. the grip is stupendous, even in the rain. it is tricky getting a perfect launch from first for two reasons. first, i am not used to how quickly she revs and second, the clutch is more light and progressive than my S4. throttle response is so quick and linear that coming from a slow-mo S4 my left and right feet have not yet learned the pedals under them and how to communicate with one another. i generally have had to over rev in order to avoid stalling her and then letting the clutch out very quickly. this has two effects- prevents stalling and getting rear ended and.... scares the sh*t out of the guy next to me at a light (sorry guy).

went to put gas in her and there was, of all things, a 997 C4S next to me. i got a kick out of everyone pulling out cell cameras to stare and look while the porsche driver just kind of tried to act natural. i honestly did not pull up next to him to fuel. or did i ?

i've found that although the car is a supermodel on the runway, she might as well be naked when it is near dusk and i drive only with the LEDs on. it looks sinister, as though an invader from mars has just landed and is patrolling the streets.

i drove by the mall looking for safe parking and passed by the main front entrance. a red carrera GT with black rims was waiting to be valet parked. well everyone and their mother just stopped in their tracks to stare at "the machine". the porsche seemed to have turned into a pontiac grand am. and it makes everyone smile. there is something about it not being a ferrai, lambo, or porsche that prevents people from hating it or resenting it, or labeling it and so i think that it is embraced by onlookers because of that "humility" if you may. there is just NOTHING "assholey" about audis and this car is an audi. enough said.

she is still intimidating to drive. not because of the car's dynamics or anything, but because you shudder at the idea of damaging it in any way. i have a new baby girl and it is kind of like that, though not as worrisome, of course.

pics to come this weekend, which is forecast to be a gem. i'll try to get that vid up tonight, if i can.

cheers and safe driving.....

Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Mods, please ban RXBG until he decides to post pictures of his car! LOLOL JK.

I was in New Haven, CT near the Yale Campus a couple weekends ago. Saw a Dolphin Gray R8 with silver sideblade pull up near "Gotham". Everyone, and i mean truck drivers, tourists, students, etc, just stared it down as if it was an asteroid about to crash. The Ferrari F430 spider that I saw at Gotham a couple weeks back did not get anything near that type of reaction.

The R8 catches your eye like no other car

Quote Originally Posted by Damienr8 View Post
    Mods, please ban RXBG until he decides to post pictures of his car!
    +1!!!

If in two more days there are no pics, Erik, please revoke his mod status!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

tic toc... tic toc....

Kinda like final Jeopardy...

Hopefully not like the sound of a failed Price is Right...
    Last edited by ben916; April 8th, 2008 at 21:32. Reason: stuff

first vids!!!

it took me over two hours to get this damned footage from my vid cam to rs6.com. this is just for starters. if any of you know of a better high def host for vids let me know!

as promised. these are vids of the wifey driving. a little taste of another R8!

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/m...urrent=R82.flv

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/m...urrent=R81.flv

...yeah yeah. not much. but this is just for starters. i have some cool things planned. but i have to get those CF blades installed first. 72h and counting.... i think those will really make the car.

Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

very nice!

i agree on the CF blade...

So would your neighbors get pissed if you ripped around the 'hood? I wouldn't if there were kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    If in two more days there are no pics, Erik, please revoke his mod status!
    I WILL!!!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Guys, give RXBG a break.

Though to be fair I posted my S5 photos as soon as I got the car home, in the dark.

So yeah, pics please and pronto.
    Search and you will find the truth.

man. you guys are gtting spoiled. i post vids of my new ride and not a comment!
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    very nice!

i agree on the CF blade...

So would your neighbors get pissed if you ripped around the 'hood? I wouldn't if there were kids...
    yoohoo! comment here...

since driving around the hood takes place at 20 mph i can't get much more than 2K rpm from 2nd gear. therefore, not much loudness.

now, if i decided to gratuitously rev her while parked in the driveway it would be a different story. but, since most of my neighbors, if not all, think i am already an ass for having an R8 maybe it would only piss them off more. then again, mebbe it doesn't matter since they think i am an ass, and then i'd only be a bigger ass.

i'll sleep on it.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10