Thread: First post with questions

First post with questions

Greetings everyone,>>
    >>
    I guess I am at the point in my life where I am in the market for a sports sedan. I recall reading about this car years ago, however I had forgotten about it until a friend picked one up recently.>>
    >>
    Now I find myself researching the car for the possibility of purchase. From what I gather the DRC hydraulic system is a weak point. Are there any other common problems I need to become aware of?>>
    >>
    Also, can I do routine maintenance myself? Assuming normal wear and tear, what can I expect to spend a year on the RS6. Lastly how bad in the insurance?>>
    >>
    All comments are greatly appreciated.>>
    >>
    Cheers,>>
    BILL>>
    >>

Welcome Bill,

I presume you are in the states, so I will let our American buddies deal with your servicing cost etc, but just go and buy one. you are not buying just another sports car but an RS6 and all the ethos that accompanies it. Just have a read thru the threads- how your car makes you feel,and the many others here, to get some sort of understanding.
    Tech support here is awsome as is the sense of humour. DRC is an issue, but mine lasted 5 years before failure, most don't last that long, some last longer. Just make sure you are covered. £4-5k for a total replacement.

RS6- its a passion, once bitten forever smitten.
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

Welcome Bill! You'll find that the "search" button is your friend and that many of what you might be wondering (and so much more) will be found there.

BUt to answer your questions, besides the DRC, there isn't really any major issues unless you decide to chip your car to boost its performance.

As far as routine maintenance, there are many people who do their own oil changes if that's what you're wondering.

Regarding wear and tear, BLITZEN has a wonderful thread on it.

Finally, on insurance, that really depends! Do you have multiple drivers on your policy? Multiple vehicles? That's a question that you'll have to ring your insurance broker about but I daresay that it would be judged as a luxury sedan.

Bought one today! I hope the car gods spare me the DRC problems.

Quote Originally Posted by wm_sorg View Post
    They wont

Start saving for some bili's.

But dont worry- we are all still here, its a bit like a sado masachism thing. You know its going to hurt at some point, but feck me its worth it! just live with it dude, because its all the car you will ever need DRC or no DRC.
    Mine has been in twice for drc, and i still love it, still drive hard, and most importantly, I am still smiling .

Enjoy your ride- it gets no better- the first time you waste a porker, you will say DRC- ah feck the DRC, I will deal with it when it happens....
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

Congrats and snap some pics!

Quote Originally Posted by wm_sorg View Post
    You wouldn't have happened to have bought a black one with 20k miles in NC would you?

hello mate and congrats on the new purchase I am in MD about an hour from you cause If I remember correctly roundhill is a bit west of leesburg and it takes me about 50 mins to get to my buddies house in leesburg I will be setting up a local RS6 meet here soon so I hope to see you come out
    ***Big Drew***

Re:Vision Auto Salon
    Revisionauto.com
    801 E. Gude Dr
    Rockville MD 20850

Remember to pray to the car gods daily